OH OH - Jane Gault, 17, Barberton, 14 March 1982

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
mysteriew said:
ROFL! You guys are hillbillies too? I knew I liked you for some reason.
3 Hillbillies here!
Both born and raised in WV.... She's retired back to WV, and I hope to do so someday too.

shadowangel said:
Both born and raised in WV.... She's retired back to WV, and I hope to do so someday too.

The county I grew up in is considered to be the northern tip of applacia even though it is in Ohio. People have told me I have a Kentucky accent.

mysteriew said:
Do you have a photo scanner or know someone who does? I would love to see a picture of your sister.
I was already gonna do that as soon as I can, I have to use someone else's scanner.

shadowangel said:
Those under-mountain tunnels scare me to death in WV, I can never figure out why someone thought that was a good idea. I hate them and the last time we went to Louisianna I told my fiance I was going to close my eyes and to tell me when we were past them and when we got under there the radio went off and there was that loud tires on tunnel noise. Arrgh!!!

upallnite said:
Those under-mountain tunnels scare me to death in WV, I can never figure out why someone thought that was a good idea. I hate them and the last time we went to Louisianna I told my fiance I was going to close my eyes and to tell me when we were past them and when we got under there the radio went off and there was that loud tires on tunnel noise. Arrgh!!!
West Virginia is beautiful though!!!

upallnite said:
Wonderful!!!! I'm gonna be real busy doing this stuff on Monday. Should be interesting if nothing else.

Between now and Monday get a loose leaf notebook. You need to documet everybody you talk to about your sister, every contact and resource you can find, and keep a written record of all paperwork you recieve, as well as all roadblocks you run into. Be concise, but very clear in explanations. Make no accusations in this book. Start with the phone contact with the police chief- who made the call, what she was told, date etc.
Pick up some file folders to keep the paperwork in. And I would suggest a portable file holder thingy too, so you can keep all of the files together.
Another suggestion- make copies of every piece of paper you recieve and give a copy to someone unrelated to you, quietly.

We did that to keep you city folk off the mountain where the rest of us live.

Hey, my kids are the first in my family to have both legs the same length!
:angel: :angel:

mysteriew said:
Between now and Monday get a loose leaf notebook. You need to documet everybody you talk to about your sister, every contact and resource you can find, and keep a written record of all paperwork you recieve, as well as all roadblocks you run into. Be concise, but very clear in explanations. Make no accusations in this book. Start with the phone contact with the police chief- who made the call, what she was told, date etc.
Pick up some file folders to keep the paperwork in. And I would suggest a portable file holder thingy too, so you can keep all of the files together.
Another suggestion- make copies of every piece of paper you recieve and give a copy to someone unrelated to you, quietly.
Ok, these are great ideas, thanx!!!!

shadowangel said:

ROFL!!

mysteriew said:
I might also suggest a small, good-quality pocket digital recorder. Sometimes its not easy to write down the info when you need to, but you can always transcribe at the first opportunity. What's the law about recording phone conversations in OH?

upallnite said:
Ok, these are great ideas, thanx!!!!

Another thing might be to call A & E or CTV as their resources are excellent and they love to expose crime. Afterall, you have a victim's name and good researchers are just that good researchers.I am following closely every move. I believe your sister's death was murder and she should have some resolve and justice.

shadowangel said:
I might also suggest a small, good-quality pocket digital recorder. Sometimes its not easy to write down the info when you need to, but you can always transcribe at the first opportunity. What's the law about recording phone conversations in OH?

I believe (and I am not an attorney), but I believe that it is allowable. I carried one during my divorce whenever I was going to have contact with my ex. The contents are not acceptable for court use, but will sometimes be acceptable if the other person denys some or all of the conversation. That is in civil court though, I don't know about criminal court.

concernedperson said:
Another thing might be to call A & E or CTV as their resources are excellent and they love to expose crime. Afterall, you have a victim's name and good researchers are just that good researchers.I am following closely every move. I believe your sister's death was murder and she should have some resolve and justice.
I believe it was also unless it is proven to me otherwise.

mysteriew said:
I believe (and I am not an attorney), but I believe that it is allowable. I carried one during my divorce whenever I was going to have contact with my ex. The contents are not acceptable for court use, but will sometimes be acceptable if the other person denys some or all of the conversation.
What I have heard is you can record secretly if it's in a public place,and you can not record someone on the phone unless they are privy to the recording. I'm not sure though. Maybe someone else will know.

mysteriew said:
I believe (and I am not an attorney), but I believe that it is allowable. I carried one during my divorce whenever I was going to have contact with my ex. The contents are not acceptable for court use, but will sometimes be acceptable if the other person denys some or all of the conversation. That is in civil court though, I don't know about criminal court.
I was just thinking for Upallnite's record keeping. In NY, taping phone conservations, for any purpose, is okay as long as one party in the conversation knows it is being taped. In VA, though, both parties have to know.

***Found this...
Ohio Rev. Code Ann. § 2933.52: Intercepting, recording or disclosing the contents of a wire, oral or electronic communication if a person is a participant, or has obtained the consent of at least one participant, is legal unless it is accompanied by a criminal or tortious intent.

upallnite said:
What I have heard is you can record secretly if it's in a public place,and you can not record someone on the phone unless they are privy to the recording. I'm not sure though. Maybe someone else will know.

Can you call your Akron detective friend and see what he can tell you about the rules? Other suggestion is do you have an attorney? One you can just call to ask a casual legal question?

upallnite said:
I believe it was also unless it is proven to me otherwise.

Honey, it isn't likely with what we have heard. You can't be bound and die and call it suicide. I know your hurt, we love you and we will stay with you until you get some answers and beyond. Good troups here, we want your sister's death to have someone be responsible for it....she didn't leave this earth on her own volition.

Wow, the posts are coming so fast I can't keep up. :eek: Look at my last post, I edited to include that, like NY, as long as one person knows it, it is okay to tape. I got my set-up for a few dollars at Radio Shack. Just plugs into the phone line.

I don't have an attorney, but I know alot of attorneys. I will ask.

shadowangel said:

LOL you are too funny!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member