OH - Jennifer Nelson, 29, murdered in her Dayton home, 2 Jan 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"I apologize for the victim."

He apologizes for the victim??? That makes it sound like Jenny did something wrong and he is apoligizing for her!

I think he def. meant that he apologizes to the victim(s,) not for them. If he learned to speak English after he learned ASL, which is likely if he has had acute hearing loss since being a young child, his syntax would not sound "right" to someone who speaks English as a first language. ASL is a lot more streamlined then spoken English, so words are "missing" or used differently than in spoken English.

Before I realized he was hearing impaired, I guessed that he was not a native English speaker because his syntax on his web pages is not correct for spoken English, but makes sense for someone whose first language is anything else, including ASL.

Not that I'm standing up for him, because I'm totally not.

I typed this up from a screen capture from 3-10-04 in the Marysville Journal-Tribune. It was my grandparents home that CM burned down. He was living next door at the time with a guardian(an aunt if I remember correctly).

"Youth arrested in connection with house fire
From J-T staff reports:
A 17-year-old Marysville male was arrested Monday afternoon in connection with a fire that destroyed a Raymond Road home this weekend. Lt. Jamie Patton of the Union COunty Sherriff's Department reported this morning that the suspect is now in custody at the Central Ohio Youth Center. He has been charged with one second-degree count of aggravated arson. Further charges are expected, he said, pending their investigation.
Patton said a string of events led authorities to the juvenile. Liberty Township fire crews responded to 20351 Raymond Road at 12:20 a.m. Saturday morning and extinguished the fire around 1:30 a.m. The state fire marshall stayed on the scene throughout the weekend investigating how the fire started.
What tied their fire investigation to the juvenile male, Patton said, was that as the family sifted through their belongings on Monday morning they discovered that five long-barreled guns valued at $2,200 were missing.
He said that later on Monday a juvenile male walked into a local pawn shop and sold five shotguns and rifles. The employee was suspicious and called the Marysville Police Department at 2:30 p.m. Patton said Marrysville detective Don McGlenn went to the home of the suspect and wa convinced the male was tied to the fire after his initial questioning. "A lot of evidence still needs analysis," Patton said. He said their investigation of the fire is still ongoing. He also thanked the Liberty Township Fire Department, the state fire marshall's office, Marysville police and the Union County Prosecutor's Office for their combined help in making the arrest."

This is CM's arson. Which was to cover up the theft of guns, jewelry, and pictures from the home.

Thanks for that, Breadbaker. That proves that he lied about never having a gun in his life, doesn't it.

I assume that nothing else bad happened to your family after he did this to your GP home. I'm glad for that.

My grandfater fell in his new home and died from complications. I've always blamed CM for the butterfly effect.

My grandfater fell in his new home and died from complications. I've always blamed CM for the butterfly effect.

Oh that is awful breadbaker. I see your point and I would 100% blame him too. Many people have awful childhoods and never hurt/murder anyone. My father beat me with belts and didn't care where the belt landed, if I moved oh well and I am a girl. I still turned out to be a caring human being with kids who I have raised to be good kids, never had to even give them a time out. It makes me sick that there will be some that make allowances because he had a rough childhood.

the saddest part about all of this, to me, (aside from the fact that it happened and the little boy saw his mommy die) is the thought of how she felt AS she was dying. i would assume that w/ shots to the abdomen that at least a few minutes passed, and i have a 5 year old little boy myself and can't imagine what my last thoughts would be knowing i was just shot trying to save him from being molested. how scared she must have been wondering what would happen to her little boy after she was gone, etc.

that being said, i'd like to blacken his other eye, amongst other things.

Welcome, breadbaker!

CM is both evil and stupid. For instance, in your case, he tried to pawn the stolen guns locally. In the present case, he called his own phone with the cell phone he stole.

And I agree with abrakadabra that one of the most horrifying things about this case was Jennifer dying and not knowing what that monster would do with her son.

Welcome to WS.

I am sorry for the way your connection to this guy has caused your pain and so sorry that is why you ended up coming here. But I am glad you came and I am very appreciative of your posting what did.

Somehow hearing he was charged with arson doesn't have the same impact as hearing that he burned down some grandparents home. And that the reason he did so was to try to cover up a gun theft. This says a lot more about this *advertiser censored*!

Myers is a sociopath, he should be given no leniency.
Breadmaker, i am sorry to hear about your grandparents home and welcome to Websleuths!

Breadmaker, I'm very sorry that your life was effected in such a painful way by C.M. Thank you for sharing your experiences.

Breadmaker, I can only imagine how having your path cross this guy's, makes you feel. I am sorry for the loss of your grandfather due to CM's crime; how creepy that this had also stolen pictures from your grandparent's home!

I wonder if it would be appropriate for you to write a victim impact statement WHEN he is sentenced. Even though you aren't a victim of <i>this</i> crime, you are still a victim of this criminal.

That was so bizarre, usually the paparazzi chases celebritys this is the first i've seen them chase criminals like that.

I have seen simular before. Hopefully he will keep on talking and hang himself with his words. Now if he would just go ahead and plead guilty and save everyone the trouble.........
He is a monster.

Hi breadbaker,

I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandparents home, and especially your Grandfather. It really does give it a different meaning from arson to know it was a your grandparents home. Also, when I think of juvenile I think it was years ago since I'm older and years from juvenile, but it really wasn't that long ago that this happened.

Do you mind if I ask what type of pictures he took from the home? Were they family pictures? Children's pictures?

Glad you decided to join and post.

-Smugshots

Yes, it was children's pictures. Female in this case.

Thanks for answering. All I can say after reading that last article you posted is WOW. I wonder if this guy ever had a job, sound like he did nothing but commit crimes, stealing from people.

I had started a timeline of sorts about CM's criminal history from the articles that have been released. Thank you Breadbaker for the link to that article, it had a lot of information in it.

From what I have gathered from all the articles (I'll be happy to post links but all are in this thread too)

1.“The only hint of violence in Myers' past comes from a 2002 incident in which he raised a baseball bat as if to strike his foster mother, according to Juvenile Court records. For that, he received probation for two years while he lived in a Kokomo, Ind., facility for children with special needs.” (approx. age of CM is 15 or 16 years)

2. Myers had been in juvenile detention facilities on two other occasions and was on probation at the time of the offense. (Could the above offense be one of these?)

3. “At age 16, he went to a juvenile-detention center for starting a house fire in Union County." "Was convicted of burning down area home in 2004 to conceal a burglary" "he had pleaded guilty to one count each of aggravated arson, burglary, grand theft, safecracking and possessing criminal tools."

4. Myers wrote a letter asking for judicial release - denied.

5. According to court documents, Myers was released in December of 2007.

6. “Myers stole a car from a woman after taking her purse from a Short North nightspot on Dec. 11, 2007; a few days later, he knocked on her apartment door in the University District. (Sky C.)

7. Myers was arrested Jan. 12, 2008, in Howard's car on N. High Street. He was placed on probation after pleading guilty to two counts of theft.” (Howard was Sky C's roommate, his car keys were in her purse the night her purse was stolen).

8. “Three other times, he has been arrested in stolen vehicles or with a stolen license plate.” (Sky C's car, Howards car, and one unknown incident of driving car with stolen license plate).

Current charges: http://www.mont.miamivalleyjails.org/JAILBOOKING.ASPX?CJIS_OR_PARTY_ID=C8778957&JAILBOOKING_ID=3774459

Please excuse the sloppiness of this, it is my rough draft. :blushing:

Breadbaker, I'm so sorry for the loss of your grandpop. I'm so sorry that two elderly people can't even go on a vacation without having their home burned to the ground. I mean the loss of your home and personal belongings. All the hassle of having to find another house. The worry. I am so sorry.

So, he got out in December 2007 and was already hooked up with the drag queen? Stealing a car and then another car. Hello. Probation? Probation? Now we have a young mother murdered and a little boy devastated for life?

In that article the defense attorney can't believe he did such a thing? Maybe he should have let Myers go move in with him and his family after his release in 2007.

Mother died of an overdose. There's a good chance that Charles Myers on the sex offender registry is his father. If it is somebody ought to bust his eye out as well.

It amazes me that such a beautiful world could have such ugly creatures. I would love to, even if just for a day, see what a perfect world would feel like. I keep telling my friends that I surely hope there is some purpose to all this hell people go through. If we only get this one life, wow, what a rip off.:waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back