OH - Jennifer Nelson, 29, murdered in her Dayton home, 2 Jan 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I didn't see many pictures of William when looking through the myspace pages. I think it was the photo found among the stolen items from the Honda. The picture was in Myers' apartment.

I think he stole the computers because they are easy to pawn.

And maybe to make it look like just a robbery.

(portion taken from link posted by poster above)

(my response)
SHE/MOTHER has a name, I am so tired of seeing her being disrespected and not being called by her name. Woman, mother or whatever she has a name.

I understand, but the newspaper may not have a choice. By identifying her, they would be identifying a sexual molestation victim who is a minor (her son). Most media outlets have a policy against doing that, even though her name was published in previous reports.

Some new info from Marysville JT on CM's 2004 arson:
http://www.marysvillejt.com/web/index.php?sid=50&id=3455
I hadn't ever heard some of this... wow.

Welcome to WS. I am so sorry your family were victims of this guy.

I am absolutely blown away by Judge Eufinger. IMO, anyone who hasn't passed the course of Sociopathy 101 has no business being a judge. Without the basic understanding of criminal behavior and what causes it, there is no way to prevent being conned by a con. And she was conned big time.

I understand, but the newspaper may not have a choice. By identifying her, they would be identifying a sexual molestation victim who is a minor (her son). Most media outlets have a policy against doing that, even though her name was published in previous reports.

I didn't know they did that, thanks for letting me know, I still don't like it but I guess I understand.

I didn't know they did that, thanks for letting me know, I still don't like it but I guess I understand.

In the beginning, before gaining more information about the intent of Myers to abuse the boy, they had named the mother. I won't repeat her name, as respect for the boy and their family.

They had pictures of him on the TODAY show this moring, he's darling.

Good Lord, pictures of the boy.. after all that has happened, it is worrisome that his picture was on national television. I always worry about victims that are children and what will be said to them at school by their peers; they need to be protected =(

I have seen articles that refer to Jennifer as "hero mother", and that is what she is!

What a world. Who would ever think someone stealing a car would return to commit such a depraved crime on a little child. The mother was so heroic, and the little boy was incredibly brave to stay calm and give the information they needed to find his mother and return him to his family. His mother was protecting him even then by how well she had trained him.

"While the flames roared through the home of Clarence and Colleen Erickson in the middle of the night, Myers approached a fire chief and told him that he had gone inside the house to save a bunny. The fire chief noted in a report that the teen's presence seemed odd and out of place and that he should be found later and questioned. Myers didn't leave the scene after talking to the chief. He approached the Ericksons' son and told him how he had kicked in the door and tried to "save the old man." Mr. and Mrs. Erickson, however, were vacationing in Florida at the time.
Within two days of the fire, deputies arrested Myers. He had tried to sell the guns to a local dealer. Prosecutors charged him with aggravated arson, burglary and grand theft. They wanted him tried as an adult."
(from above link from Kat)

Myers is clearly a sociopath, taking "trophies" from his arson and also Nelson's murder..

Thank God that no one was home, and that no firefighters were killed or injured.

He should have got the book thrown at him that time, it would have saved an innocent mother her life.

Myers does not care to change his behavior:

"Charlie, what this court wants to do is make sure that you are protected and that other people are protected," Eufinger told him at sentencing. "I believe you can be a productive citizen, Charlie. I believe that you're going to have treatment that will help you. I want you to work with them so that you can get better. Are you going to do that?"
He gave his answer through an interpreter: "I don't know."

Due to his extensive criminal background as a juvenile, even before the arson, the arson should have been the last straw for the sociopath.

"According to the court transcripts, the judge relied on the evaluation that said Myers could barely read, functioned at an elementary level and was not psychologically ready for an adult prison. She said in 2004 she felt strongly that, even though Myers had been sentenced twice before to juvenile facilities and placed in 20 foster homes, his hearing impairment never had been adequately considered when it came to treatment."

"After he was released from the juvenile system, Myers had other run-ins with the law before this murder arrest. In April, he pleaded guilty to two counts of auto theft in Franklin County Common Pleas Court.
For those, Judge Michael J. Holbrook sentenced him to up to six months in the county's community-based corrections center, followed by five years of probation. It was unclear yesterday how long Myers served."

Myers should have got the book thrown at him, the system was too lenient on him. I hope he gets life or the death penalty, i don't see any hope in him being rehabilitated. We've seen him get a slap on the wrist since his juvenile crimes, and onward.

He shouldn't have gotten cut any slack due to his being deaf, being abused. That is no excuse, many people have disabilities and come from abusive homes and don't go on to have extensive criminal records. Why no one picked up on his warning signs is beyond me. I hope he never gets to see the light of day again. If he ever gets out, there is no doubt he will kill again. He is a danger to society.

I agree MeoW333, I was watching JVM last night and she discussed his past briefly. I think she was trying to engage her guests (2nd time I have seen her do this in regards to C. Myers) about his history. She wanted to explore how to prevent this from happening again by looking at his childhood. I do disagree that he has a valid defense because of his childhood history because I am of the opinion that once we turn 18 and become adults we can no longer use what happened to us in the past as an excuse for our current behaviors.

Defense strategies concerning C. Myers that I strongly disagree with (speculation of mine only, no defense has been discussed yet)

1. Abuse as a child~ No. Many children are abused and grow up to be productive law abiding citizens. More often than not this happens.

2. Witnessing abuse of his siblings~ No. Many children witness this as children and they do not go on to abuse others and as the same in number 1 go onto live normal productive lifes.

3. Being placed in Foster care as a child and rotated frequently between homes: No. I would wager that the majority of foster children do not commit heinous crimes like this one did. It has nothing to do with his current behavior.

4. Being deaf: No.

5. Fetal Alcohol Syndrome: Was he diagnosed with this? Or is this just recent speculation by the media because he allegedly tested positive at birth for alcohol in his bloodstream. This does need exploration but I do not see it as a viable defense.

Bottom line for me at this moment is that there is no valid defense listed above that could explain his actions. Even grouped together in one individual ~ nope.

I do want to see that they give him a psychological exam, and a full battery of IQ tests. Just to satisfy my own curiosity though.

Thank you breadbaker we can add that as number 6 to my list above.

6. Autism: No defense. Why? Because it's just insulting to all of the children that have been diagnosed with autism. UGH on that defense strategy.

:furious: There's no way he's autistic. Myers is a sociopath, just looking for excuses for his crimes his whole life. It's the fault of abuse, fetal alcohol, foster homes just anything but him. He's deaf so he started talking later in life probably, so he decides autism, he needs a boyfriend named Bubba!!! :furious:

Here is another article that discusses some of C. Myers behaviors as a child. Just gives some insight to who he is, I'm not commenting one way or another.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jMvjaSVrpk4FwqVzz1qByd_Txs2QD95KGEPG0

Much of the same information with the exception of this:
"Myers started smoking marijuana at age 7, drank alcohol at age 8, and when he turned 11 he attempted suicide while living in a home for troubled boys, court documents show"

Here is an article that gives a timeline of the crimes he is currently arrested for:

http://www.ohio.com/news/ap?articleID=1422657&c=y

Myers seemed to think he can have a perpetual pity party about his life and use it as an excuse for all his actions. I hope he thinks long and hard sitting on death row or locked up for life, the !

Kat, you ARE skilled. You did a great job. I had a chance to go through all the pic comments and Tasha Toxic is his little sister. So says him and her anyway.

Does anyone know ASL? I know the kids flash "gang signs" but in several pics this creep is flashing what is in ASL a "K" and an "L". Also I wonder if he's deaf oral? The little boy, Will may have noticed if the guy spoke oddly to him. From comments and stuff it looks like he kept in touch with people from the Deaf Community. Not that has a da*n thing to do with murdering a defenseless woman and abducting a child, and just ditching him.

Man that mugshot with the busted eye is priceless. They ought to beat his head like his eyeball. God forbid watch his defense be something about being deaf. All the decent, law abiding citizens in the Deaf Community will then have to deal with that.

I caught all that too. Sorry if this has been discussed. I'm only a couple pages into this thread. But, I have a feeling he was educated with the oral method rather than ASL as he calls himself hard of hearing rather than capital D Deaf, which would signify solidarity with Deaf Culture. Kids in the old days raised with the oral method had almost no exposure to language of any kind as it is almost impossible to learn to speak and speech read when you can't hear. These kids were made to feel disabled and wrong, rather than embracing their Deaf Culture and unique and beautiful language. I'm gonna' go on the Deaf boards and see of there is any buzz. They would be outraged if one of their own committed such a heinous act. Whatever this pig's background is, he is a monster. No excuse.

Excellent find Larkin. I had no clue this social networking site exsisted, so yet another I will bookmark when I go looking for people:D

Notice on this webpage he selects under his Looking for tab: Friendship, Dating, True Love, Random Play, Business, Whatever I Can Get
(Bolding by me)

And he selects under his interest tab: Both

Now being bi-sexual (or experimenting with one's sexuality) has nothing to do with his alleged crime, I, personally believe, that our sexual preference in regards to orientation is but just a very small facet of our personalities.

But it's interesting to note that he has a person of alternate lifestyle as one of his top friends on his myspace and that person has him listed as number two.

As I said, it means nothing in relation to this case, but it does give us more insight into C. Myers. and his life.

He does appear to have some tranny friends on one of his myspace links.

I caught all that too. Sorry if this has been discussed. I'm only a couple pages into this thread. But, I have a feeling he was educated with the oral method rather than ASL as he calls himself hard of hearing rather than capital D Deaf, which would signify solidarity with Deaf Culture. Kids in the old days raised with the oral method had almost no exposure to language of any kind as it is almost impossible to learn to speak and speech read when you can't hear. These kids were made to feel disabled and wrong, rather than embracing their Deaf Culture and unique and beautiful language. I'm gonna' go on the Deaf boards and see of there is any buzz. They would be outraged if one of their own committed such a heinous act. Whatever this pig's background is, he is a monster. No excuse.

Thank you for your insight gitana1 into the ASL/Oral Method of language. Also, please keep us posted of any news or buzz you see? Thanks:)

I found this while doing some searching. Forgive me if it has been posted already.

Myers had it rough from an early age, when his mother died of a drug-related heart attack when he was just 4. He lived in homeless shelters with his father, who beat him with a belt, and struggled with a hearing impairment that wasn't addressed until he was 6 years old. He spent most of his childhood being shuttled between more than 20 foster homes in the Columbus area, according to court documents filed in Union and Franklin counties.

Myers started smoking marijuana at age 7, drank alcohol at age 8, and when he turned 11 he attempted suicide while living in a home for troubled boys, court documents show.

At age 17, living with an aunt in Marysville, Ohio, he broke into the empty house of elderly neighbors, stole valuables and set the house on fire. A juvenile court judge declined to transfer Myers' case to adult court, saying he was emotionally and psychologically damaged because treatment for his disability had been so delayed.

The little boy found in the highway waiting area turned 5 on Saturday and is staying with relatives.

His father returned to the house once last week to put the garbage on the curb, and says he won't ever allow his son back inside.

He told NBC's "Today" that he's grateful that his wife insisted they teach the boy his address and phone numbers. He admires his son for the bravery he showed through the ordeal.

"My focus is on him," he said. "I'm doing everything I can to bring a little bit of home to him."
"snipped from a article that was posted yesterday
http://wcbstv.com/national/Charlie.Myers.Ohio.2.904918.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme