OH - Jennifer Nelson, 29, murdered in her Dayton home, 2 Jan 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I caught all that too. Sorry if this has been discussed. I'm only a couple pages into this thread. But, I have a feeling he was educated with the oral method rather than ASL as he calls himself hard of hearing rather than capital D Deaf, which would signify solidarity with Deaf Culture. Kids in the old days raised with the oral method had almost no exposure to language of any kind as it is almost impossible to learn to speak and speech read when you can't hear. These kids were made to feel disabled and wrong, rather than embracing their Deaf Culture and unique and beautiful language. I'm gonna' go on the Deaf boards and see of there is any buzz. They would be outraged if one of their own committed such a heinous act. Whatever this pig's background is, he is a monster. No excuse.

Hi Gitana. Thank you for your insight. I studied ASL, but only for a few semesters. ASL is a beautiful language indeed. Part of our course requirements were to go to social functions within the deaf community. I'd urge people if they ever had the chance to go to a church service in ASL. There's nothing like a hymn in ASL. One of the required books was "Deaf Like Me". I'm not up on how new technology has changed things for the deaf community, but back when I was in class you had to use TTY for the phone and all. Plus I know it's causing a stir that people are now teaching hearing little babies to sign.

Oh I did see one Board where posters had an article on this murderer and just a few comments of how awful it was.

The tranny friend was studying ASL it said on her profile. Again, like the deaf community it sure don't mean all tranny's are bad people. That includes MSJ. I just wondered if the friend took ASL after meeting Charlie or did they meet within the deaf community?

Thank you again for your help, and experience.

Hi Gitana. Thank you for your insight. I studied ASL, but only for a few semesters. ASL is a beautiful language indeed. Part of our course requirements were to go to social functions within the deaf community. I'd urge people if they ever had the chance to go to a church service in ASL. There's nothing like a hymn in ASL. One of the required books was "Deaf Like Me". I'm not up on how new technology has changed things for the deaf community, but back when I was in class you had to use TTY for the phone and all. Plus I know it's causing a stir that people are now teaching hearing little babies to sign.

Oh I did see one Board where posters had an article on this murderer and just a few comments of how awful it was.

The tranny friend was studying ASL it said on her profile. Again, like the deaf community it sure don't mean all tranny's are bad people. That includes MSJ. I just wondered if the friend took ASL after meeting Charlie or did they meet within the deaf community?

Thank you again for your help, and experience.

I agree with you. I have Deaf Like Me as well as about 20 books total on Deaf culture, ASL, or the exepreince of being or raising a deaf person. I grew up with Deaf people and developed an interest. I took a Deaf studies course just for fun!

Update:

http://www.daytondailynews.com/n/content/oh/story/news/local/2009/01/11/ddn011109myersinside.html

New to me, not listed in other articles...

1. C. Myers diagnosed with ADD/HD at age 7, according to friends and family.

2. By age 10 diagnosed with mild retardation, and severe hearing disablity from birth defect.

3. Myers stole a pizza delivery guy's car in 2003 getting him thrown out of his foster home at the time.

4. Former foster father, says C. Myers tried to steal their car at least twice.

"When they arrived, Charlie's cross-dressing boyfriend, James T. Wilson Jr., was there dressed in women's clothes. Myers introduced Wilson as Madelynne St. Jaymes, the foster father said. "It was strange because I thought he was into girls," the foster father said. "The man was dressed like a woman, but had a beard." Myers' friends said Myers was not gay, but liked the affection. "Charlie was curious," his former girlfriend Betty Jo Waits said. "It was a fling." Myers' former foster father said it was more than that. "He was in love with Madelynne," said the former foster father, referring to Wilson. "Charlie would attach himself to anyone that showed him affection. He said Madelynne was his lover." Wilson declined comment."

OT but that made me think that Christmas Dinner at the Foster parents house was like that movie "Guess who's coming to dinner" Sorry couldn't resist :)

I caught all that too. Sorry if this has been discussed. I'm only a couple pages into this thread. But, I have a feeling he was educated with the oral method rather than ASL as he calls himself hard of hearing rather than capital D Deaf, which would signify solidarity with Deaf Culture. Kids in the old days raised with the oral method had almost no exposure to language of any kind as it is almost impossible to learn to speak and speech read when you can't hear. These kids were made to feel disabled and wrong, rather than embracing their Deaf Culture and unique and beautiful language. I'm gonna' go on the Deaf boards and see of there is any buzz. They would be outraged if one of their own committed such a heinous act. Whatever this pig's background is, he is a monster. No excuse.

Gitana, from the article I posted above :

"He cannot hear at all and we have seen no one signing to him," his former foster father said. "He lives in his own mind and unless someone is explaining things to him, he doesn't understand."

What is your take on this? TIA for your insight.

I have no sympathy for the :furious:

"'A good kid that was never given a chance'"
http://www.daytondailynews.com/n/content/oh/story/news/local/2009/01/11/ddn011109myersinside.html

The whole article is written to make Charlie Myers look like a victim. He had chances, and he refused to take them. It's obvious he has lack of intelligence, he is a stupid criminal. That has nothing to do with knowing right from wrong. He knows right from wrong, he just doesn't care. Being that he was an abused child, he should know what "wrong" feels like. When people treat eachother badly. He wanted to rape that boy, and now has left a boy motherless. I'm sure Charlie knows what that feels like as well.

"He was in love with Madelynne," said the former foster father, referring to Wilson. "Charlie would attach himself to anyone that showed him affection. He said Madelynne was his lover." Wilson declined comment.
After being released from jail in early October, Myers lived with a relative at 49 W. Maynard Ave. in Columbus. He then moved in with Wilson at 70 McMillen Ave. in Columbus sometime in November, according to friends."

"FBI agents found Myers last Sunday after they traced calls from Jenny Nelson's cell phone made after her death, according to court records. Someone in his apartment at 70 McMillen Ave. used the phone to call Myers' cell phone.
Myers, Wilson and a third man were in the apartment when FBI agents and sheriff's investigators knocked on the door about 8:30 p.m. Jan. 4, according to court records. The three were detained for questioning."

I wonder if Myer's boyfriend knew anything about the crime..

Gitana, from the article I posted above :

"He cannot hear at all and we have seen no one signing to him," his former foster father said. "He lives in his own mind and unless someone is explaining things to him, he doesn't understand."

What is your take on this? TIA for your insight.

I would think police provided him with someone who could translate with sign language, since he seems to have a long track record with police, they'd know he was deaf once they checked his background.

He also made his own statements during that paparazzi chase in the jailhouse, saying he took the boy since the parent had "passed away", more like was brutally murdered. I really think he intended to kidnap the boy to rape him later on, yet knew he had nowhere to keep him. He murdered the boy's mother in front of the boy, why would Myers care about leaving the boy with her body?

I can't say if whether or not MSJ had any knowledge of the crime before or after but MSJ has been back on myspace since C. Myers arrest and now that profile is private. MSJ has another but there is no info on it. That profile nickname is MSJ's given name.

I don't have sympathy for him either MeoW33, but I'm such a nosey parker I want to know every detail about anything when a case grabs my attention...LOL.

Question?

For all those sleuths that understand, in that article it said that C. Myers covered the Mother's body before he left with Boy. (I am respecting their right to privacy by not naming them).

What is the usual motivation for perps to cover the body of their victims? TIA

I might think because he covered her body, he did not like looking at two shots from a shotgun to the abdomen. I'm sure it was a terrible sight, plus it's easier to get the boy to go quietly if he doesn't see the gore. ... just a thought.

CM CAN HEAR!!! his hearing may be very damaged but he can "hear". My uncle and the Fire Marshall/Chief talked to him at the scene of the fire without an interpreter. Maybe he reads lips really well, but that is still communication; NOT and excuse to be a criminal.

Take into consideration that the man's house he burned down was also "deaf", 60% loss, at age seven from scarlet fever. My family does not know ASL, we just talked louder to him.

I'd imagine he called himself, to get her number. I know my cell # doesn't show up anywhere on my phone, you'd have to have me give it to you or call you to get the number.
I was thinking that maybe he couldn't find his OWN phone and since he had her phone, he just used it to call his number. Maybe?

CM CAN HEAR!!! his hearing may be very damaged but he can "hear". My uncle and the Fire Marshall/Chief talked to him at the scene of the fire without an interpreter. Maybe he reads lips really well, but that is still communication; NOT and excuse to be a criminal.

Take into consideration that the man's house he burned down was also "deaf", 60% loss, at age seven from scarlet fever. My family does not know ASL, we just talked louder to him.

Thank you for responding breadbaker. Your experience with this criminal allows us to decipher what is accurate and non-accurate reporting in this case. Again, I'm sorry that your life was irrevocably changed by this man.

Here are the charges ... eight counts of murder, etc.

http://snipurl.com/9jsu1

Boy, when Mat Heck throws the book at somebody, he throws hard. It will be interesting to see if he can make the case hold together.

What injuries to the boy? It says "trying" to sexually abuse the boy, or something like that. And pardon my ignorance, but how does one have eight counts of murder for one murder? I dont understand that.

I was thinking that maybe he couldn't find his OWN phone and since he had her phone, he just used it to call his number. Maybe?

He would do something like that, he should be on the list of stupid criminals.
Unless.. he gave the phone to his boyfriend, Madelynn Wilson who called Myer's phone with it. Here's a present, a stolen phone :furious:
..this case really gets to me :mad:

What injuries to the boy? It says "trying" to sexually abuse the boy, or something like that. And pardon my ignorance, but how does one have eight counts of murder for one murder? I dont understand that.

snip
"State law allows county prosecutors to file multiple aggravated murder counts for the same offense based on subsections of the Ohio Revised Code."
snip

http://www.daytondailynews.com/n/content/oh/story/news/local/2009/01/07/ddn010709myers.html?imw=Y

Well here it is...the target WAS the boy. He probably saw pictures of him on their cell phone, Mom died trying to save her son from that monster.

""Investigators said Myers, armed with a shotgun and sexual devices, drove from Columbus on Friday in the Nelson family's 1999 Honda Accord, stolen from an Ohio State parking garage on Dec. 17; kicked opened the front door of the Nelson home; and tied Jenny Nelson up.

Myers intended to have sexual contact with her 4-year-old son, Montgomery County Sheriff Phil Plummer said.""

http://www.daytondailynews.com/n/content/oh/story/news/local/2009/01/07/ddn010709myers.html

" Myers also faces one felony count each of gross sexual imposition, grand theft auto, receiving stolen property and having weapons while under disability." Ok, forgive my ignorance again, but I don't understand this. Is it a crime to own weapons if you are disabled? Is that what this means?

Thank you for posting the statute believe09. I'll bookmark it for seaches on the charges on this case and others.

So you happen to know, why so many charges and will the 8 counts be consolidated into one charge of aggravated murder? I am unfamiliar with Ohio, and unsure of how they bring charges before the court for formal charges to be issued.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xtension
Back