Found Deceased OH - Joey LaBute, 26, Columbus, 4 March 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wish cities had a camera on every corner or block. Wouldn't it be nice in situations like this, to at least know a general area that someone was last seen in?

That would be great. Unfortunately, people would complain about "big brother" watching. It's really unfortunate.

About Joey, I haven't heard anything for about almost a week. I hope that the community (LGBTQ and the rest of the Short North community) doesn't forget about him.

That would be great. Unfortunately, people would complain about "big brother" watching. It's really unfortunate.

About Joey, I haven't heard anything for about almost a week. I hope that the community (LGBTQ and the rest of the Short North community) doesn't forget about him.

Yeah there hasn't been anything in the news but we're all still putting out fliers and sharing through social media. Trying to keep his name in the news and public eye as much as possible.

ryajus!

:welcome6:

Thanks for joining us, we appreciate your updates.

Hopefully Joey makes his way home real soon!

So, in googling this bar, it's a "Gay friendly" bar. I wonder if that has something to do with his disappearance - men who are believed to be gay can be targets of attack.

And, of course, the bar is about a mile from two different rivers. There is absolutely no way - IMHO - a man who went to the bar area of a restaurant could "accidentally" end up getting lost and falling into a river a mile away outside the bar. Prayers he isn't one of the many, many young men who vanish suddenly and "accidentally" drown.

Just heard about this - might have hooked up

Did you mean to say you can't access it? Here's a better link, although I don't see any new photo updates:

https://www.facebook.com/labute1

I have never understood this. All the time they close down folks FB page. It seems opening it up to anyone might help -- maybe someone knows or saw something in any of these cases IMO

ryajus!

:welcome6:

Thanks for joining us, we appreciate your updates.

Hopefully Joey makes his way home real soon!

Thanks! I hope so too, he's a friend of a friend of mine so I'm hoping for the best.

Catching up in thread but your post caught me saying "me too, me too". My poor daughter has learned to be very clear when she texts me late at night lest the swat team show up to rescue her.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thats funny ninj!!

Yeah there hasn't been anything in the news but we're all still putting out fliers and sharing through social media. Trying to keep his name in the news and public eye as much as possible.

Does anybody know what the actual facts about the case are and the timelines ? All i see and hear is speculation, and others responding to the speculation with their own.

Someone previously made a post (3/15/16 & 12:03pm) where they state that they put "J" in their phone and then attempted to swipe (swipe method) "back soon". The message "Jnhsioj" was created. That was the message received from Joey.
Why would a phone change "back soon" into what looks to be gibberish ? Nobody would be able to read it. Is that encryption ?

I don't understand what the poster is saying.

It bothers me A LOT... and it does seem meaningful.

Just a thought that passed--- Esxtasy requires lot of water ...just sayin

From all reports it did not sound as if he was not partaking (water only) in the "party"

I am kinda tossing around a couple things and are only like most of us at this point specualting

He was 26 , possibly not telling family that he met someone might not be something someone at that age would feel the need to explain.

But with ones friends going up and saying if your leaving is just commom courtesy with peers who are "toghether"

When he wene tup to the bar, might have met someone and they argreed to go outside to smoke. That make sense in terms of not mentioning it to friends he was with -- he will be back shorlty.

With that human trafficling stuff in town I would assume these folks are not the boyscouts, it might have ended up where the hurt him or took him and then something happened and had to dispose of him

Or took em both.............

The water is telling ----if they do not drink lots of water if theywere doing extasy (very pop now at that age ) one can seriously mess up thier spinal cord.

Water and extasy

http://ecstasy.org/qanda/q78.html

extasy and water

This struck me as interesting Bold not me

Reigle remembers grabbing drinks with his cousin at Union Cafe around 9:30 last Friday night. "It just seemed like he was on cloud 9 with how much fun he was having," said Reigle.

Folks have descrobed extasy as feeling as if you are on a cloud!!

Reigle says he got LaBute a glass of water around midnight. He then watched him walk toward the bar and disappear into the crowd.

"I thought he was going to get another drink of water and he never came back," said Reigle

When I read I thought why would one think someone is going to get a glass of water if that person just handed him one??

http://myfox28columbus.com/news/loc...ut-what-he-remembers-the-night-he-disappeared

and the headline atruck me

Cousin of missing man talks about what he remembers the night he disappeared

the phrase --
what he remembers made me ponder level of friends intoxacation, or party intake of another sort.

It is not like he was talking about the night 4 months later, if he was oriented, --"what he remebers" is an odd headline IMO

Something like :

Cousin of missing man talks about the night he disappearedhttp://myfox28columbus.com/news/loc...ut-what-he-remembers-the-night-he-disappeared

Does anybody know what the actual facts about the case are and the timelines ? All i see and hear is speculation, and others responding to the speculation with their own.

Someone previously made a post (3/15/16 & 12:03pm) where they state that they put "J" in their phone and then attempted to swipe (swipe method) "back soon". The message "Jnhsioj" was created. That was the message received from Joey.
Why would a phone change "back soon" into what looks to be gibberish ? Nobody would be able to read it. Is that encryption ?

I don't understand what the poster is saying.

It's a type of keyboard you can use on android phones where you just "swipe" from one letter to the next.
http://m.androidcentral.com/app/swype
They "swiped" jnhsioj and got "back soon" because the keyboard will usually autocorrect in swype mood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am concerned that there has not been any news updates and no search efforts. There is money donated but they aren't hiring a private investigator. seems like his father cares more about his cats then finding his son. It all seems very odd. Why not hire an investigator? Why not have daily searches?

I think there is alot that is known, but has not yet been released. Supposedly, they are not hiring a private investigator anymore because CPD is doing such a wonderful job on the case. That leads me to believe that they have a lead or some pertinent information regarding Joey's disappearance. Supposedly, Joey and his cousin/wife were at Fabian's (pizza/bar) prior to entering Union (CPD confiscated surveillance tapes from Fabian's). Why hasn't the cousin given a timeline of events from the evening- when exactly did they meet up? Where did they first meet up? What was their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd stop? If Joey was friends with multiple staff members at Union, then why aren't any one of those people coming forward and providing ANY information. Surely, some of these people talked to Joey that evening.... and surely SOMEONE saw him leave. I find it hard to believe that the Union's cameras are "grainy." The Union is a successful and popular bar.. there are cameras everywhere- someone saw him leave that building.
Also, I am interested in Joey's social media sites (Instagram, Facebook, Tinder- any dating site...). One of those sites/apps probably provides some sort of clue as to who Joey had been talking to. I am interested to see if Joey's phone records have been requested and who he was texting that evening. No one just vanishes. I believe he had probably met someone on Tinder ( I am sure the options were crazy that night considering the tourists in Cbus that weekend). I am thinking Joey left the bar to meet this person outside or at another bar....
Other questions I have- What was Joey drinking that evening? About how many drinks/beers/shots did he have? Did he regularly smoke or was he known to smoke when he drank? I am sure his cousin could answer these questions. If I am out with a friend, I know the ballpark of how many cocktails or shots someone had. Did he leave a tab open at the bar?
Just some random thoughts and questions I have..... Let me know what you guys think!!!!

In my experiences.... If I am out drinking and ask for a water, it is a sign that I have had enough to drink. I am sure that they had been drinking for a couple hours (probably took some shots)... maybe he started to not feel well and wanted to slow down for a bit. Also, the Union serves STRONG drinks. After two mixed drinks, one would feel tipsy. I know that Union was not their first stop, so I am sure that they were bar hopping in the Short North. I have a strong suspicion that Joey was drugged. Apparently, several people that were at Axis (gay bar across the street) report that their drinks were drugged the same night he went missing.

I think there is alot that is known, but has not yet been released. Supposedly, they are not hiring a private investigator anymore because CPD is doing such a wonderful job on the case. That leads me to believe that they have a lead or some pertinent information regarding Joey's disappearance. Supposedly, Joey and his cousin/wife were at Fabian's (pizza/bar) prior to entering Union (CPD confiscated surveillance tapes from Fabian's). Why hasn't the cousin given a timeline of events from the evening- when exactly did they meet up? Where did they first meet up? What was their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd stop? If Joey was friends with multiple staff members at Union, then why aren't any one of those people coming forward and providing ANY information. Surely, some of these people talked to Joey that evening.... and surely SOMEONE saw him leave. I find it hard to believe that the Union's cameras are "grainy." The Union is a successful and popular bar.. there are cameras everywhere- someone saw him leave that building.
Also, I am interested in Joey's social media sites (Instagram, Facebook, Tinder- any dating site...). One of those sites/apps probably provides some sort of clue as to who Joey had been talking to. I am interested to see if Joey's phone records have been requested and who he was texting that evening. No one just vanishes. I believe he had probably met someone on Tinder ( I am sure the options were crazy that night considering the tourists in Cbus that weekend). I am thinking Joey left the bar to meet this person outside or at another bar....
Other questions I have- What was Joey drinking that evening? About how many drinks/beers/shots did he have? Did he regularly smoke or was he known to smoke when he drank? I am sure his cousin could answer these questions. If I am out with a friend, I know the ballpark of how many cocktails or shots someone had. Did he leave a tab open at the bar?
Just some random thoughts and questions I have..... Let me know what you guys think!!!!

Oh you made me think of something...what is that app where you look for a hookup nearby? Like you can pinpoint your location and see who else is using the app and where they are in proximity to you? Did he use that?

Oh you made me think of something...what is that app where you look for a hookup nearby? Like you can pinpoint your location and see who else is using the app and where they are in proximity to you? Did he use that?

Tinder, I think..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member