Found Deceased OH - Joey LaBute, 26, Columbus, 4 March 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
PS ... just read about the parking pass. I wonder if they've confirmed by video surveillance of the area that his car didn't move since it was parked Friday evening.

There are only three cameras at the complex that I know of. I've told his family members as well as the detectives about them. Two cameras are watching the pool in the complex and one is in the laundry room. After looking at the angles that the cameras could see, it's not possible for them to have seen his car where he was parked. I don't think any of the complexes in the area really have much video surveillance to be honest. It's unfortunate.

This whole thing has hit very close to home for me for some reason and I've been trying to help out as much as possible.

It bothers me A LOT... and it does seem meaningful.

What I'm curious about, unless it's typical behavior for Joey (Which it sounds like it isn't ) You stick with your group and why would they leave without being absolutely sure of where Joey was, especially since he didn't answer, and he was obviously intoxicated if drinking water at a bar and trying to sober up, why also if he was intoxicated why let him drive?

Also how are they absolutely sure that is exactly where he parked (if that was mentioned somewhere I apologize )?

If he did leave and tried texted while driving it could've created the jibberish and maybe he did answer and say he was driving. A criminal who doesn't care if people are looking for Joey certainly (unless dumb) wouldn't answer his phone at the possibility of a pinging location?

There was a case like this very similar in Pittsburgh and unfortunately the young man turned up in the river several months after his disappearance. I hope this is not the case for Joey and he is found safe. My prayers for Joey and his family.

So some people will actually use the whole "I'm driving" excuse to get off the phone or not deal with a person other persons but as not to be rude to them or doing other things and just don't want to explain what they're doing. I wonder if this is a case of that.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

What I'm curious about, unless it's typical behavior for Joey (Which it sounds like it isn't ) You stick with your group and why would they leave without being absolutely sure of where Joey was, especially since he didn't answer, and he was obviously intoxicated if drinking water at a bar and trying to sober up, why also if he was intoxicated why let him drive?

Also how are they absolutely sure that is exactly where he parked (if that was mentioned somewhere I apologize )?

If he did leave and tried texted while driving it could've created the jibberish and maybe he did answer and say he was driving. A criminal who doesn't care if people are looking for Joey certainly (unless dumb) wouldn't answer his phone at the possibility of a pinging location?

There was a case like this very similar in Pittsburgh and unfortunately the young man turned up in the river several months after his disappearance. I hope this is not the case for Joey and he is found safe. My prayers for Joey and his family.

*** What was the name of the Pittsburgh case ?

There are only three cameras at the complex that I know of. I've told his family members as well as the detectives about them. Two cameras are watching the pool in the complex and one is in the laundry room. After looking at the angles that the cameras could see, it's not possible for them to have seen his car where he was parked. I don't think any of the complexes in the area really have much video surveillance to be honest. It's unfortunate.

This whole thing has hit very close to home for me for some reason and I've been trying to help out as much as possible.

RybieMagoo,

Is there anything i can do to help assist the family ? I am a total stranger, but i would like to help. You may send me a private message if you would like on this site.

If Joey has credit cards, his ss# will track down any new purchases. That is a good tracking tool, among others.​

I would think, if he was planning to disappear, he wouldn't have answered his phone. I just don't think he was driving and I don't think it was him that answered his phone. Imo. Why would he answer that one call and none of the others? I just haven't had a good feeling about this since day one. I really hope I'm wrong. His poor family. Its heartbreaking.

I would think, if he was planning to disappear, he wouldn't have answered his phone. I just don't think he was driving and I don't think it was him that answered his phone. Imo. Why would he answer that one call and none of the others? I just haven't had a good feeling about this since day one. I really hope I'm wrong. His poor family. Its heartbreaking.
I 100% agree with you.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I think whoever had his phone was getting freaked out by all the calls and finally answered one to put everyone at bay for a while. And, it gave that person some more time until the next day...when his friends and family truly realized something WAS very wrong. After that call, the battery was probably taken out.

OK. Two things regarding the phone calls/texts - STRICKLY SPECULATION - Instead of using the "Jnhsioj" to see the auto correct, I was sitting here thinking of short phrases I might send using the swipe method on my Samsung. Since the first letter is a capital "J", he evidently touched that letter first. So I started with the J and attempted to swipe "Back soon" - what I got was exactly what the text read "Jnhsioj".

Also, Is the aunt absolutely sure she was speaking with him? I often respond to calls - using my recorded voice - that says "I'm driving" or whatever. He or anyone in possession of his phone could have done that.

I may have missed it, but do we know if his car was moved? Or maybe he willing left with someone.

JMO MOO Just my thoughts.

To me the water comment might have been cousin getting up to get water and Joey says "hey get me one too!". Simple as that. He might have seen somebody at the bar after that and told his cousin he's going back for more water.

So some people will actually use the whole "I'm driving" excuse to get off the phone or not deal with a person other persons but as not to be rude to them or doing other things and just don't want to explain what they're doing. I wonder if this is a case of that.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

This is how I took it. If indeed it was him who said it, he didn't really want to be bothered and wanted to get off of the phone. Why he answered, I don't know. That makes me nervous about who really did answer or under what circumstances it was if it was his voice. If he had been taken and his phone kept ringing, then a person could tell him to answer and say he was driving and couldn't talk. This would slow people down on any kind of search and give a kidnapper time to put some distance between them.

I just don't think he went missing on his own. He was in somebody else's car and that person is responsible for his disappearance, IMO.

I keep coming back to a connection between Joey's disappearance and Brian Shaffer. They have a very similar look and build and both vanished into thin air from bars that are very close proximity to each other. It's coming up on 10 years since Brian went missing. The Arnold was just here, which is a huge event for trafficking and Columbus has sadly become known for the amount of human trafficking happening here. So scary.

@ Smoothcheetos, I keep coming back to Brian Shaffer as well. If you do a google search, it is easy to find pictures of Brian Shaffer that are strikingly similar to Joey. On the other hand, until now, I believed Brian's disappearance had something to do with the friend he was out on the town with the night he went missing. This case is making me rethink that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK. Two things regarding the phone calls/texts - STRICKLY SPECULATION - Instead of using the "Jnhsioj" to see the auto correct, I was sitting here thinking of short phrases I might send using the swipe method on my Samsung. Since the first letter is a capital "J", he evidently touched that letter first. So I started with the J and attempted to swipe "Back soon" - what I got was exactly what the text read "Jnhsioj".

Also, Is the aunt absolutely sure she was speaking with him? I often respond to calls - using my recorded voice - that says "I'm driving" or whatever. He or anyone in possession of his phone could have done that.

I may have missed it, but do we know if his car was moved? Or maybe he willing left with someone.

JMO MOO Just my thoughts.

Can you explain to me (i don't have a iphone) what exactly the swipe method is ? How does that work ? Your phone automatically generated the message "Jnhsioj" for you ?

If someone receives "Jnhsioj" as a message, would anybody even know what that means ? That appears to be gibberish. Or is this a new form of encryption ?

Androids have a swipe feature on the keyboard. You don't need to tap the keys. You just move your finger from letter to letter without lifting or tapping. Its a smart keyboard and will pick up you "usual" or regularly used words or commons phrases.

Brian's case came to mind as soon as I heard about Joey. How does someone just disappear from a bar without anyone seeing anything? These cases of young men disappearing from bars/parties just haunts me. So many people missing. Its so scary.

There is another case on WS about a guy that went outside a bar for a cigarette, sent his friends/cousins a text or snapchat message & just vanished. I don't think the other case is related to this one but it has a lot of similarities as well, so much that I thought I was reading his thread when I was reading this one, I thought I had the names confused, they also kinda look alike as well.

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.

As a mom of 5, I just can't comprehend what this family is feeling. As a stranger, I'm heartbroken. I just can't imagine the level of pain they are feeling not knowing what happened to their son. It just kills me. Its horrifying to me, as a parent.

There is another case on WS about a guy that went outside a bar for a cigarette, sent his friends/cousins a text or snapchat message & just vanished. I don't think the other case is related to this one but it has a lot of similarities as well, so much that I thought I was reading his thread when I was reading this one, I thought I had the names confused, they also kinda look alike as well.

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.

Is that the Zachary Marr case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member