Found Deceased OH - Joey LaBute, 26, Columbus, 4 March 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how he got attacked and beat up with no witnesses. Bouncers always stand at the door..... And people would be walking up and down the street. Someone would have def seen this and helped. Very odd!!

Not necessarily. We were in Columbus four years ago for my daughters wedding. There were close to 20 of us. We were surrounded by a large group and had guns pulled on us. This was a Saturday night on the sidewalk right in front of several bars with doorman outside seeing everything. Not one person said or did anything to help us. No one even called the police. We called the police twice and after waiting for them close to an hour, finally left.

Attached is a screenshot of the text messages I pulled off of abc6/Fox28. I thought this made it easier to understand.

attachment.php
attachment.php

It starts at about 1:54 on this video
http://myfox28columbus.com/news/local/columbus-detectives-searchinh-for-missing-26-year-old-man

:bump: for Joey's sake, why is he calling someone out as lying :thinking:
And then poof........................... the silence & next Joey is gone.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

:dunno:

I never said that. What I usually see is families requesting interviews from local media. Families starting A facebook page, organizing searches, asking business to donate funds for a billboard. These are all things that keep the media involved. There are ways the ensure this is being heard and there hasn't even been a Facebook page started. There are so many ways to get this out but even the easiest ways are not being utilized. I'm in no way blaming the family for the disappearance. I was just saying how it is odd behavior and concerning that they aren't asking the community for help or organizing searches. So many people want to help but there's not a page that people can be directed to in order to stay updated it to join in search efforts or to offer ideas or suggestions.

I completely understand what you're trying to say. All I know is, God forbid, if I have a loved one disappear, the police department is going to hate having me camped out in front of their building and the news stations will probably have to get a restraining order against me because I will be harassing them to no end.

Before:

"It was a fun night. We don't get together a whole lot, a group of cousins and family friends. So, we decided to meet up," Reigle said.
Reigle said when Joey left the table around 12:30 a.m. that night and didn't come back, they called and texted.
"[I was calling] his phone until probably 2:30 a.m. and didn't hear anything. The next morning is when we really started to worry because he wasn't back home or anything like that," he said.
Family members said the last message sent from LaBute’s phone sent at 1:22 a.m. Saturday simply read: “Jnhstioj.”

Sorry, I don't have the link.
(eta: http://www.10tv.com/content/stories...tage-to-help-locate-missing-columbus-man.html )

BBM above...
Where IS Joey's home?? Does he live alone???

Left the table at 12:30, gibberish text at 122. What happened during the 52 minutes in between?!

:bump: for Joey's sake, why is he calling someone out as lying :thinking:
And then poof........................... the silence & next Joey is gone.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

:dunno:
I'm right there with you.....

Johnnybgoode - I understand it has happened but the link you sent is very different. Joey vanished from a super popular bar in the busiest part of the city during the busiest week. People should be concerned that there is a murderer or person mapper on the loose that is going to bars and taking people. I don't believe that there is someone but shouldn't the community be alarmed that someone can vanish in front of thousands of people? So many people frequent the bars there. It could of been them. No one seems to care. Vanishing from one of the most popular bars is very different then last being seen walking from their house. The family hasn't been keeping it in the forefront. It's so odd.

Here is a community event page where people are discussing efforts to find joey. It is said that his parents were advised to not speak freely with media. (Paraphrasing)

https://m.facebook.com/events/1724598951117897?
acontext=%7B"ref"%3A3%2C"action_history"%3A"null"%7D&aref=3

Here is a community event page where people are discussing efforts to find joey. It is said that his parents were advised to not speak freely with media. (Paraphrasing)

https://m.facebook.com/events/1724598951117897?
acontext=%7B"ref"%3A3%2C"action_history"%3A"null"%7D&aref=3

Thank you for the link. That's interesting, if the parents were told not to speak with the media in regards to a missing persons case. Makes me wonder if there is more info known, than is being released. That would make sense then.

That's a link from the search organized on the 12th. Seemed to get a good response so I don't know why there aren't more organized. The family would be allowed to do whatever necessary to find their missing child. Christina Morris from Plano Texas has been missing almost 2 years and the parents still organize seArches and receive media coverage.

In all reality, Joey's disappearance SHOULD be national news. Since it was Arnold weekend, you have people visiting Cbus from all over the nation and from overseas. One of these tourists MAY have seen Joey. They may have passed him walking down the street. They might remember seeing him talking to someone. Joey MAY look familiar to someone that is NOT from Cbus.
As some people have stated earlier, I think CPD knows something pertinent to the case. I think it explains the lack of media presence.
I could be wrong- I just think that this is a major issue and should be broadcasted daily and EVERYWHERE possible!

Not necessarily. We were in Columbus four years ago for my daughters wedding. There were close to 20 of us. We were surrounded by a large group and had guns pulled on us. This was a Saturday night on the sidewalk right in front of several bars with doorman outside seeing everything. Not one person said or did anything to help us. No one even called the police. We called the police twice and after waiting for them close to an hour, finally left.

Well, that is frightening. Where exactly were you? I understand that there is alot of people that just "mind their own business" and turn their noses from situations like these. Are people scared? If I were to witness something like this, I would like to say that I would immediately take action... at least call 911. But, I have never been in this type of situation before really. In all the cases I have seen like this, people that decide to "mind their own business" could have PREVENTED the situation from happening.
In regards to Joey's case, I don't personally believe that he was attacked in plain sight in front of the bar (or in the bar)- whatever happened to him, happened out of the public's view (after vanishing). However, I believe that he DID leave with someone and that someone saw him leave that bar. Wish I could review the tapes from Union. I am not really buying into the video being too grainy. I hope the cousin was able to review the tapes.

Also- can't seem to find the post from "bbqkaren" with the screen shots of his text messages?
His cousin's wife (Stacey) is a dental hygienist- that is who he is talking about in the text. Trying to figure out who Chad might be- the texts give off a negative tone. I am guessing that he must have had some sort of conversation with Stacey about this and it appears that Joey called this person out through texts. Maybe this person he is texting is an ex or someone he used to go out with?

This is a little concerning. Why would they request that? We get the media involved with Christina's case every chance we can get. She has been missing almost 19 months and we are still awaiting trial of her kidnapper. She has still not been found. I would be in front of a camera or reaching out for help everywhere possible. It has kept Christina's face and name out there. Worth a try. Prayers for the family and friends. I am praying for you all. #findchristina

This is a little concerning. Why would they request that? We get the media involved with Christina's case every chance we can get. She has been missing almost 19 months and we are still awaiting trial of her kidnapper. She has still not been found. I would be in front of a camera or reaching out for help everywhere possible. It has kept Christina's face and name out there. Worth a try. Prayers for the family and friends. I am praying for you all. #findchristina

It's must be complicated. :-/

The LaBute family could be doing everything possible in their power to do. Just because it doesn't make air doesn't mean they don't care or are not trying their best to keep his name out there. (imo) <modsnip>

Prayers for all the missing.

Also- can't seem to find the post from "bbqkaren" with the screen shots of his text messages?
His cousin's wife (Stacey) is a dental hygienist- that is who he is talking about in the text. Trying to figure out who Chad might be- the texts give off a negative tone. I am guessing that he must have had some sort of conversation with Stacey about this and it appears that Joey called this person out through texts. Maybe this person he is texting is an ex or someone he used to go out with?

bbqkaren posted (only once in this thread), back on page 7 post #93 - here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...us-4-March-2016/page7&p=12407724#post12407724

It does seem as though that text conversation may in fact be key to discovering what happened to Joey...

:moo:

:cow:

The LaBute family could be doing everything possible in their power to do. Just because it doesn't make air doesn't mean they don't care or are not trying their best to keep his name out there. (imo) Also, this is not Christina's thread.

Prayers for all the missing.

I also think the difference is Christina's case had an "obvious" suspect from the getgo and he has now been arrested and charged with her disappearance. The media coverage is for recovery. In Joey's case they may still be keeping things close and quiet to find the suspect and most importantly, Joey (and alive!).

My opinion though. I can only imagine how those that love Joey must be feeling.

bbqkaren posted (only once in this thread), back on page 7 post #93 - here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...us-4-March-2016/page7&p=12407724#post12407724
It does seem as though that text conversation may in fact be key to discovering what happened to Joey...

:moo:

:cow:

We need more information from the cousin/wife-After reading some of the screen shot of that text, it is a possibility that something upset Joey that evening. Seems like he is getting snappy with the guy he is texting- not sure what the issue is with someone lying about this Chad person seeing Stacey as his dental hygienist. I don't know.. it's just odd. I guess Stacey told Joey some news that he did not want to hear that night. Wish we knew what type of conversations they had... clues clues clues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dianthe