GUILTY OH - Jonathan Minard, 14, found deceased, Carroll County, 13 April 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It hurts to look at Jonathon's photo and see his sweet and gentle face ---- knowing that someone murdered him and buried him as if he were of no importance at all. I hope Jonathon's story is told very soon so that he and his family can see some kind of justice moving forward.

CARROLLTON The funeral for a 14-year-old Dellroy boy whose body was found in a shallow grave on a farm last week has been set for Thursday as the investigation into Jonathan Minard’s death continues.

“We are not done with the investigation,” Carroll County Sheriff Dale Williams said Tuesday. “We are working on this diligently and this is still under investigation.”

He declined to release details.

Calling hours for Jonathan Minard will be 1 to 4 p.m. Thursday at the Dellroy Church of the Nazarene with service to follow, according to the website for the Baxter-Gardner Funeral Home in Sherrodsville.

Funeral for Jonathan Minard set for Thursday

I'm really hoping we get some information soon. I only live an hour away and my husband works 30 minutes from this area. I've been following the case since he was reported missing and it's heart wrenching. He had such a sweet face. I don't know much about the farm he was working at, but we have many similar farms in our area and I agree that it is most likely family run. Very few in our area have any paid farm hands. We are a very rural area with a high population of Amish and English farms. It isn't uncommon for kids his age to help out. My husband's grandmother has a cattle farm. He was driving tractors and baling hay before he was 10. All the grandchildren helped and now the great grandchildren do it. I hope we get some answers soon. I've had a pit in my stomach since the 29 year old friend was mentioned in the media. His story never felt right to me. My heart is breaking for his family!

I expect the autopsy is complete, they are probably waiting for the toxicology reports. They are usually available 10 days to three weeks later. Then they put it all together and issue a COD.
And, no arrest until it comes back. I'm guessing the autopsy didn't show apparent signs of foul play. Therefore they will be relying on the tox report.

Funeral today for Carroll County teen found dead days after going missing

The situation began Saturday, April 13, as he was working at a farm near New Harrisburg. Authorities say he complained of a toothache that afternoon and said he was calling his mother to go home. His mom never got that call and Jonathan.

His disappearance captured national attention as search efforts continued for nearly a week.

Investigators haven’t said how he died, but a criminal investigation is underway.

Funeral today for Carroll County teen found dead days after going missing

The situation began Saturday, April 13, as he was working at a farm near New Harrisburg. Authorities say he complained of a toothache that afternoon and said he was calling his mother to go home. His mom never got that call and Jonathan.

His disappearance captured national attention as search efforts continued for nearly a week.

Investigators haven’t said how he died, but a criminal investigation is underway.

I wish we knew if he told the owners if the farm, the parents of the POI, about his toothache, and they saw him leave....or if that was what their son told them, later in the day...

And, no arrest until it comes back. I'm guessing the autopsy didn't show apparent signs of foul play. Therefore they will be relying on the tox report.

Don't be surprised if the final autopsy info is redacted or not released to the public. Ohio AG Mike DeWine took an autopsy case to the Ohio Supreme Court after the Rhoden family massacre to prevent final AR info from being shared with the news media. It's very possible this information won't be released, especially if those responsible for Jonathan's death are related to "respectable" well known "good" families in the community. It's often difficult to get rural Ohio prosecutors to go after those kinds of folks without public pressure.

See also the murder of Bryon Macron in nearby Medina County.

BCI to take over death investigation of former Lafayette Township trustee

Ohio is a strange state.

Don't be surprised if the final autopsy info is redacted or not released to the public. Ohio AG Mike DeWine took an autopsy case to the Ohio Supreme Court after the Rhoden family massacre to prevent final AR info from being shared with the news media. It's very possible this information won't be released, especially if those responsible for Jonathan's death are related to "respectable" well known "good" families in the community. It's often difficult to get rural Ohio prosecutors to go after those kinds of folks without public pressure.

See also the murder of Bryon Macron in nearby Medina County.

BCI to take over death investigation of former Lafayette Township trustee

Ohio is a strange state.
Emphasis mine

Agreed ^^^
And it's feeling exactly like LE are protecting the farm(s) families.
They need to step up and do their job-- no matter how difficult, or whomever is offended.

Re. the bolded portion : Yes, well. I really don't care how "respectable" the (possible) killer's family might be at this point.
Noe do I care how long they've owned the farm(s) and if they're "pillars of the community".
I hope Jonathans' family FIGHTS for answers and an arrest if need be --- and I'm backing them all the way.
There needs to be justice for a young life lost too soon !

Emphasis mine

Re. the bolded portion : Yes, well. I really don't care how "respectable" the (possible) killer's family might be at this point.
Noe do I care how long they've owned the farm(s) and if they're "pillars of the community".
I hope Jonathans' family FIGHTS for answers and an arrest if need be --- and I'm backing them all the way.
There needs to be justice for a young life lost too soon !

Yes! Agree.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlyingHorses4
Back