GUILTY OH - Jonathan Minard, 14, found deceased, Carroll County, 13 April 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was really expecting an arrest by now. o_O

He was missing/dead on 4/14 so I think enough time has passed to establish probable cause, but there must be other concerns such as afraid not enough evidence for grand jury to indict, etc.

It's a small window from time of arrest to when charges must be filed. Early on I suspected accidental OD, and friend panicked and buried JM. This was reportedly a long time relationship that JM had with the farm family/owner.

Maybe there were no visible signs of trauma to his body, no wounds, etc. Still sad that's its not resolved one way or another as all said JM was a good kid that left behind many friends and family that will forever miss him. :(

He was found on a Dairy Farm, iirc Libby and Abby ended up by a dairy farm.
Both incidents happened in a Carroll Countys, though not the same Carroll County.
Victims are all the same age range.
Both happened on a 14th.
Sheriff's offices are Dellroy and Delphi.
I'm sure I'm just reaching, but what are the odds?

Both incidents happened in a Carroll Countys, though not the same Carroll County.
Both happened on a 14th.

That it was the same perp?

Never say never

But zero percent chance imo

Both happened on a 14th.

I think the odds are pretty good.

Farms are plentiful in both areas so if you're outside the town's limits, chances are that there's going to be a farm nearby.

There are 13 Carroll Counties in the country, and I bet if we researched we'd find an unsolved crime in each one; I also bet that if we broadened that search we'd find similar crimes in other counties as well. Every county in my state has at least one big crime, solved or unsolved, that people still talk about and most of them involve young women or children.

Teen homicide rates are 8.7 per 100,000 as of 2017 and that's an increase from previous years. Indiana had 210 teen deaths (accident, homicide, suicide) in 2016. Ohio had 282. According to the CDC's website, youth violence is a leading cause of injury and death for teens. Violence rates (fatal and nonfatal) are higher among young people than any other age group. In 2010, nearly 5,000 young people were homicide victims. That's an average of 13 teens a day who are murdered. That's not counting the ones who accidentally overdose or who commit suicide. Unfortunately, while teen deaths are horrible and tragic, they're not totally uncommon.

The circumstances surrounding the deaths are not the same, and we're also looking at different genders.

Sometimes coincidences are pretty freaky (like the Kennedy/Lincoln stuff), but most of the time they are just coincidences.

Yes, it's a shame there's no news on this poor boy's murder. Hope there's some news and an arrest soon. They should soon have the results of the drug tox testing. The list of suspects must be very small, given:

• Someone told LE where to find the body
  • The body was buried, on private property in a somewhat remote rural area
  • Someone was able to provide a detailed timeline of Jonathan's last hours
Number one and two indicate LE knows the killer. Now, they just need to arrest him. The boy was too young and naive to have been dabbling in hard drugs. Not impossible, but extremely unlikely. JMO, the only way he could have died from an overdose is if someone slipped him the drugs without his knowledge. The toothache excuse was just that - an excuse likely made up by the killer or witness to his murder.

Whoever is giving this detailed information to LE is:

• Someone who knows what happened, most likely witnessed or participated in the murder
  • Someone who LE knows well and trusts, since they're following up on the information provided and believing a possible false scenario the witness provided
  • Someone who LE doesn't want to believe could be involved in the murder

Last edited:
sbm

I disagree this investigation at a stand still or no reported action because LE doesn't want to believe.

LE follows and acts on evidence!

Agreed

They are still processing evidence in this case, waiting for lab testing to come back

They assured when they have completed their investigation they will let the public know.

Also just bc they may think they know what happened doesn’t prove anything

They still need evidence to prove it

I’m not reading much into it yet

Agreed

They are still processing evidence in this case, waiting for lab testing to come back

They assured when they have completed their investigation they will let the public know.

Also just bc they may think they know what happened doesn’t prove anything

They still need evidence to prove it

I’m not reading much into it yet

replied to add

With that said I'm fairly confident that we will be provided with answers soon

JMO

I'm not giving up and I want the family to have the answers they deserve

This was a 14 yr old boy that was found buried in a shallow grave, yet the investigators have been almost radio silent

I sure hope that this poor child's death isn't just forgotten about

Somebody has to know something about what happened, He didn't just bury himself

I wish investigators would at least ask the public for information etc if they don't have the information that they need

If this is in fact something that was done by a stranger to JM then It just boggles my mind that the public hasn't been asked for information connected to events surrounding that day, possible witnesses etc

And If someone that was known to JM was involved I can't believe there hasn't been an arrest made in this case

currently scratching my head

I'm not giving up and I want the family to have the answers they deserve

This was a 14 yr old boy that was found buried in a shallow grave, yet the investigators have been almost radio silent

I sure hope that this poor child's death isn't just forgotten about

Somebody has to know something about what happened, He didn't just bury himself

I wish investigators would at least ask the public for information etc if they don't have the information that they need

If this is in fact something that was done by a stranger to JM then It just boggles my mind that the public hasn't been asked for information connected to events surrounding that day, possible witnesses etc

And If someone that was known to JM was involved I can't believe there hasn't been an arrest made in this case

currently scratching my head
It is about the 6 week point and toxicology can take 8 weeks or more. My guess is their waiting for the results.

It is about the 6 week point and toxicology can take 8 weeks or more. My guess is their waiting for the results.

Charges can always be amended and added at a later date, There was a crime committed via burying a 14 yr olds body.

Toxicology may show the how JM died but not the who buried him.......

ETA: most criminal cases I have followed toxicology is back 4-6 weeks depending on the state

Now in suspected overdose cases with no other suspected criminal involvement I have seen 8 weeks+

There was criminal involvement in this case, not necessarily limited to the burying of a body. They should have the results IMO

Last edited:
Charges can always be amended and added at a later date, There was a crime committed via burying a 14 yr olds body.

Toxicology may show the how JM died but not the who buried him.......

ETA: most criminal cases I have followed toxicology is back 4-6 weeks depending on the state

Now in suspected overdose cases with no other suspected criminal involvement I have seen 8 weeks+

There was criminal involvement in this case, not necessarily limited to the burying of a body. They should have the results IMO

JMO, the wait for toxicology is a red herring. If this kid overdosed, he didn't do it voluntarily. Cuyahoga County conducts the toxicology under contract with other counties. The Cuy Co ME will not release the results to the public, it's not their job. They'll release them to the Carroll County Coroner who then makes the decision. If weeks continue to go by with no result, don't assume the tox report isn't completed.

Marking my spot.
This has to be so difficult for his loved ones.....
The 'burying' part seems so much like a person with something to hide.
At the very least (if JM accidentally od') a manslaughter charge and giving drugs to a minor ??
Sorry if I sound angry, but I am ... for Jonathan's sake.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelpingHandz
Back