GUILTY OH - Jonathan Minard, 14, found deceased, Carroll County, 13 April 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They should have the tox results by now.
Still wondering if the farm family and the friend Jonathan was with , are well known -- and no one wants to challenge their standing in the community.
Some towns will 'circle the wagons' if one of their own is accused.
Imo.

They should have the tox results by now.
Still wondering if the farm family and the friend Jonathan was with , are well known -- and no one wants to challenge their standing in the community.
Some towns will 'circle the wagons' if one of their own is accused.
Imo.

I can't get past JM's family emphasizing that the farm was such an important part of his life-- in his obituary.

I'm beginning to think the silence may also be about protecting Jonathan.

MOO

While police say a "person of interest" has been questioned in the case, no arrests have been made at this time. Officials would not offer comment on if Jonathan's death is being considered a homicide or if there are currently any suspects.

Missing 14-year-old Carroll County boy found dead on farm; investigation ongoing

ETA: I recall there were searches for JM but don't recall who found the shallow grave.

Did somebody lead LE to this location and/or his remains?

While police say a "person of interest" has been questioned in the case, no arrests have been made at this time. Officials would not offer comment on if Jonathan's death is being considered a homicide or if there are currently any suspects.

Missing 14-year-old Carroll County boy found dead on farm; investigation ongoing

ETA: I recall there were searches for JM but don't recall who found the shallow grave.

BBM

Assuming that is the case. Otherwise, wouldn't LE still be looking for him ?
And I'd like to know who led them to his body.
Because msm haven't divulged that.

I wonder if perhaps the "person of interest" made a deal for immunity in exchange for showing LE where Jonathan was buried? Would a DA make such a deal so quickly though? It's the only reason I can think of for why there are not at least charges against someone for tampering with a corpse in this case. Jonathan didn't bury himself in a shallow grave! MOO.

You know, I’m not sure we know. It seems we’ve gotten very little detail in this case. A boy is dead, his body buried in a field, and from where we sit it seems like nothing much is happening about it. I wonder what the locals think/are saying.

I wonder if perhaps the "person of interest" made a deal for immunity in exchange for showing LE where Jonathan was buried? Would a DA make such a deal so quickly though? It's the only reason I can think of for why there are not at least charges against someone for tampering with a corpse in this case. Jonathan didn't bury himself in a shallow grave! MOO.

It’s hard to say 100% but I would be very surprised to see LE give someone complete immunity in exchange for the location. You’re correct, he didn’t bury himself. Even if he died of an overdose or another “self inflicted” accidental means, someone is guilty of something in this situation. I don’t imagine people (in the community specifically) would take it lightly to no one being charged in the death of a young kid.

It’s hard to say 100% but I would be very surprised to see LE give someone complete immunity in exchange for the location. You’re correct, he didn’t bury himself. Even if he died of an overdose or another “self inflicted” accidental means, someone is guilty of something in this situation. I don’t imagine people (in the community specifically) would take it lightly to no one being charged in the death of a young kid.

Also although LE has not specifically stated that this is a murder investigation, they have stated it was a criminal investigation. Imo there was some type of criminal intent, what that is I have no idea. But imo anyone that was criminally involved needs to be held accountable for their actions.

Jmo

I mean, if you give drugs to a minor, that's a crime no? Not as serious as murder but someone is dead.

Yah the only other thing I can come up with is a freak farming accident where they were burying something or removing cow manure what have you, and JM was unintentionally buried.

But I just can't envision a scenario in which that would have happened and those around him on the farm wouldn't have immediately been aware that something like that may have happened. Where did JM suddenly disappear to etc.....

So many questions and yet so few answers

Last edited:
Can't find any new articles/info. about Jonathan.

If this happened to my child, I'd be fuming and taking every action possible.
Pestering constantly for more information and action.
LE and the local msm would probably dislike me.

Maybe his family has been doing this, to no avail ?

Bumping for Jonathan.
Afaik, there are no recent articles , nor any updates. :(
Not even on SM.
Anyone else find something ?

Sad that this is going unsolved or at least unanswered.
Not even an update about the toxicology test results, which must have been returned by now !

No new info, but some interesting comments. Also if you search Jonathan Minard on FB, one interesting share.

Jordan Miller - WKYC
Thanks !

One item of interest was the new building put up (I'm assuming before Joanthan's death ?) across from his burial site... and that there might be sec. cams on it.

Maybe the FBI or a higher law enforcement than the local LE need to be brought in ?

No new info, but some interesting comments. Also if you search Jonathan Minard on FB, one interesting share.

Jordan Miller - WKYC
Post is dated June 19th at 7:00pm for those searching. (Sometimes hard to search on a phone app.)

Interesting comments for sure and the community is frustrated. This is one of those situations where you have to keep in mind, we have a legal system in this country, not a justice system. They have to make the charges stick forever.

Jordan Miller‏ @J_MillerTV
STILL SEARCHING FOR ANSWERS: Today marks two months since the body of Jonathan Minard was discovered buried on a farm in Carroll County. No arrests have been made in the death of the 14-year-old boy. Many members of the community are still wanting answers. @wkyc

D9dcI9QWwAAr_r2.jpg

4:06 PM - 19 Jun 2019 pst

"I have met with the family and as you might imagine this is an unimaginable grief of epic levels that can't be put into words," said the coroner.

Investigators originally said the 29-year-old family friend was considered a person of interest. Friday, the sheriff would not say whether they consider that person a suspect in Jonathon's death.

"We're not gonna say anything about this until we are done with the investigation," said the sheriff.
‘Unimaginable grief’: Latest on investigation after 14-year-old boy’s body found in shallow grave

Bump with old news -- still no suspect named or cause of death disclosed.

CARROLL COUNTY, Ohio - The Carroll County sheriff is making a statement about who isn't a suspect in the death of 14-year-old Jonathon Minard.

The teen's body was found buried on a farm in Washington Township on April 19.

His body was found during a search for the teen, who had been missing for several days.

No one has been arrested or named as a suspect in the case.

Sheriff Dale Williams is setting the record straight on who isn't responsible.

"Let me be very clear, Jonathon's parents had no involvement with this tragic outcome," the sheriff wrote on the Carroll County Facebook page.
Carroll County Sheriff says parents had no involvement in death of teen

I don't believe I was aware that parents had been accused -- how terrible.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dark spaces
Back