GUILTY OH - Jonathan Minard, 14, found deceased, Carroll County, 13 April 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
CARROLL COUNTY, Ohio - The Carroll County sheriff is making a statement about who isn't a suspect in the death of 14-year-old Jonathon Minard.

The teen's body was found buried on a farm in Washington Township on April 19.

His body was found during a search for the teen, who had been missing for several days.

No one has been arrested or named as a suspect in the case.

Sheriff Dale Williams is setting the record straight on who isn't responsible.

"Let me be very clear, Jonathon's parents had no involvement with this tragic outcome," the sheriff wrote on the Carroll County Facebook page.
Carroll County Sheriff says parents had no involvement in death of teen

I don't believe I was aware that parents had been accused -- how terrible.

Sounds like the local citizens are doing the right thing by keeping the case in the news and staying on top of the investigation.

I could not find any posts in FB.

This case is what brought me to web sleuths.

I guess all “websleuths” have that first case that gets them. This one is mine.

Something about it hit me so hard when the news broke. I actually cried real tears and have been checking daily for updates via google search, but nada for a while now.

I’m saddened that news outlets aren’t keeping the story alive. I don’t see that locals are keeping the story going either. And the poor family only raised half of their goal.

Poor, poor Jonathan.

Search for Jonathan Minard expands into criminal probe

ETA: Report prior to being found on farm in Washington Township

4/18/19

Two days of canvassing areas for Jonathan Minard proved fruitless.

“We do have a person of interest,” the sheriff said. “There have been no arrests.”

Minard remains missing after he was last seen visiting a 29-year-old friend for the weekend.

A massive search that began the morning of April 15 and continued a day later in the Dellroy/New Harrisburg areas involved hundreds of law enforcement officers and volunteers, drones, fixed aircraft and other equipment designed to help locate the missing teen.

“We searched all day yesterday and the night before and came up with absolutely nothing,” Williams said. “We’re not doing any more physical searches today. We’re working on (the case) from a different angle.”
[...]
Dellroy and New Harrisburg are about 7-8 miles apart, north and west of Carrollton.

The teen’s friend lives in New Harrisburg. The friend’s father owns a dairy farm where the boy and his friend helped out, authorities said.

Investigators were told the boy and his friend went to the farm to work April 13, but the boy later complained that he had a toothache. He reportedly returned to the friend’s home to try to reach his parents, and has not been seen since.

Bump post from the day before JM was located on the family friends farm in a shallow grave. No additional details from investigators since this date. :eek:

Wow. How can they be so certain it's a homicide?

My guess is bc JM was a 14yr old boy who was with those that are legally considered adults around the time that the fatal dose was put into his body.

Couple that with the fact that somebody buried him and I think it at the very least shows criminal actions.

Now what charges the prosecutor eventually feels that they can prove, well that may be less than actual murder charges

But there is some sort of legal liability for those involved imo

My guess is bc JM was a 14yr old boy who was with those that are legally considered adults around the time that the fatal dose was put into his body.

Couple that with the fact that somebody buried him and I think it at the very least shows criminal actions.

Now what charges the prosecutor eventually feels that they can prove, well that may be less than actual murder charges

I believe that you're correct!

Can a person be charged with homicide if JM took the fentanyl himself and someone found him dead and buried him? If it were that situation, how could it be proven that the person who found him didn't just panic and bury him?
There must be other evidence on his body because it was the ME who ruled that the means of death was the fentanyl overdose and the manner was homicide. The ME couldn't say homicide with only evidence of fetanyl toxicity could he?

Can a person be charged with homicide if JM took the fentanyl himself and someone found him dead and buried him? If it were that situation, how could it be proven that the person who found him didn't just panic and bury him?
There must be other evidence on his body because it was the ME who ruled that the means of death was the fentanyl overdose and the manner was homicide. The ME couldn't say homicide with only evidence of fetanyl toxicity could he?

Right, that's specifically what I was asking. I understand that there is liability for his death from whomever provided the drugs, but homicide is a stretch in that scenario. Burying or disposing of a body is also not homicide.

I was not expecting this but I know others were kicking around the idea of accidental overdose/drugs.

Hmmm. You just never know.

So why bury him? Why not just call 911? They may have been able to save him.

Sad

I was not expecting this but I know others were kicking around the idea of accidental overdose/drugs.

Hmmm. You just never know.

So why bury him? Why not just call 911? They may have been able to save him.

Sad
From the little bit of research I did (i.e., reading the first couple googled links), overdose by fentanyl is almost instantaneous. So, maybe whoever was with him knew that to be the case. No reason to call 911 if you already know he's dead. CYA mode. So sad for Jonathan and his family; they will likely never have true answers.

Here's another thought....

Was he the ONLY one doing drugs? Were others partaking? How is that he's the only one dead?

Could he really have done this alone, and then someone came upon him? They panicked, etc. etc.

And now I wonder about the toothache story. Maybe he did have a toothache and someone gave him something for it and whatever that was had fentanyl in it?

Still so many questions.

Here's another thought....

Was he the ONLY one doing drugs? Were others partaking? How is that he's the only one dead?

Could he really have done this alone, and then someone came upon him? They panicked, etc. etc.

And now I wonder about the toothache story. Maybe he did have a toothache and someone gave him something for it and whatever that was had fentanyl in it?

Still so many questions.
Exactly what I was thinking. There was a grain of truth to the toothache story. Except instead of an aspirin, they gave him something way too powerful. Poor little guy. I pray his family finds peace.

Exactly what I was thinking. There was a grain of truth to the toothache story. Except instead of an aspirin, they gave him something way too powerful. Poor little guy. I pray his family finds peace.
ITA but what else could the ME have found that led him to determine that the manner of death (ingesting fentanyl) was an act of homicide?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back