GUILTY OH - Jonathan Minard, 14, found deceased, Carroll County, 13 April 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Jordan Miller‏ @J_MillerTV
BREAKING: Matt Little’s bond has been set at $10,000,000. The look on Little’s parents face in the back of the court room was astonishing when judge Michael Repella announced the bond amount. @wkyc

EDuNCRfWkAEdIwD.jpg

11:47 AM - 5 Sep 2019

Considering that bond is not meant to be punishment, I looked for bond schedule for Carroll County, Ohio in anticipation of new motion for reasonable bail for applicable involuntary manslaughter and the additional felony charges. (F5 - F1 range $20,000 - $200,000; M4 - M1 at $2,500 - $20,000).

However, I no longer believe a new motion for bail applicable as Judge made it known narcotic drugs in this case are the basis for this $10 mil bail. (Take note the judge is required to use the minimum range when citing public safety so bond maximum is actually higher than $10mil -- wow)!

Bond set at $10M for man accused in death of 14-year-old Carroll County boy

The Carroll County coroner determined he suffered a fentanyl overdose.

The judge said Little's bond was set so high because "there were drugs involved here and the danger to the community is real." bbm

Little's arraignment was scheduled for Tuesday, Sept. 10.

@Niner

Marijuana could be laced with fentanyl, right? In any case, it doesn't matter if Jonathan asked for drugs. Little was the adult in the situation and his only option should have been to say no, period. A 14-year-old kid and this is not okay. He caused his dead, there's no way around it.

Does anyone think they might be hinting/claiming the mj was laced with Fentanyl?

It is absolutely possible the marijuana or whatever he gave Jonathan was laced with fentanyl as it takes just a small amount to cause overdose. It is a deadly substance with deadly consequences. RIP and justice for Jonathan.

Marijuana could be laced with fentanyl, right? In any case, it doesn't matter if Jonathan asked for drugs. Little was the adult in the situation and his only option should have been to say no, period. A 14-year-old kid and this is not okay. He caused his dead, there's no way around it.

From what I'm reading so far online, that combination is very rare thus far. IIRC, there was no mention of it in last year's DEA threat assessment report. It's possible, but at this time is very rare, with no known cases of overdose deaths.

Fentanyl mixed with marijuana is very dangerous for recreational marijuana users. This mix could turn a relatively safe street drug deadly and lead to an increase in overdoses and in addictions developing. While the incidence of fentanyl-laced marijuana is still thought to be relatively low, people who are in areas where this mix has been found should be particularly careful if considering using marijuana. It remains to been seen if the combination is a new trend or if it is a localized incident.

Reports of Marijuana Laced with Fentanyl in New York

Police warn of Fentanyl-laced marijuana

The defendant, Matthew Little was also charged with possession of heroin. Some addicts will mix heroin with MJ to smoke it. Fentanyl? Who knows?

Carroll County man charged in death of Jonathan Minard

CARROLLTON A Carroll County man has been arrested in connection with the death of a 14-year-old boy whose body was found in a shallow grave on a Washington Township farm in April.

Matthew Little was arrested Wednesday afternoon after a grand jury indicted him on 15 criminal charges stemming from the death of Jonathan E. Minard, of Dellroy.

Carroll County man charged in death of Jonathan Minard
Finally!!!

Can't get Jonathan Minards sweet face off my mind.

@Seattle1 - I have not read this thread before - I see you tagged me here! That means I have a TON of posts to read! LOL!

Unfortunately I'm leaving on a road trip this weekend and won't be able to catch up until Monday. I see I have until Tuesday to catch up.... I'll try!

Anyone want to give a short synopsis on this case?

I see some info in post #783 that I can use. Seattle do you have a link to the court site for Carroll County - I don't have that one. TIA! :)

Okay - fast put together - here's what I came up with just from the post I mentioned that Seattle1 posted above.

*Arraignment Hearing (@ am ET) – OH – Jonathon Minard (14) (last seen going to farm to milk cows, 4/13/19, found in shallow grave in Washington Township 4/19/19) - *Matthew Little (30) arrested () & charged (9/5/19) with involuntary manslaughter, corruption of another with drugs, tampering with evidence & cross abuse of a corpse. $10M bond. Carroll County
9/5/19 Update: Arraignment on 9/10.

was he arrested the same day he was charged? Oh & what is the town Jonathon went missing from? TIA!

@Seattle1 - I have not read this thread before - I see you tagged me here! That means I have a TON of posts to read! LOL!

Unfortunately I'm leaving on a road trip this weekend and won't be able to catch up until Monday. I see I have until Tuesday to catch up.... I'll try!

Anyone want to give a short synopsis on this case?

I see some info in post #783 that I can use. Seattle do you have a link to the court site for Carroll County - I don't have that one. TIA! :)

14 yr old victim Jonathan Minard died from a fentanyl overdose, and was found buried in a shallow grave on small farm he worked at after school in New Harrisburg, OH (Carroll County).

Court history for this case is very slim:

Grand Jury met yesterday 9/4/19, and suspect Matthew H. Little 30, was arrested later in the afternoon after 15 count indictment.

Today, 9/5/19, the judge set his bail at $10 million dollars - citing drugs involved and real danger to the community.

Court link: Search - CourtView Justice Solutions

Thanks @Seattle1 for the court site link - here's an update for my notes:

*Arraignment Hearing (@ 9am ET) – OH – Jonathon Minard (14) (last seen going to farm to milk cows, 4/13/19, Washington Township near New Harrisburg, found in shallow grave on the farm on 4/19/19) - *Matthew Herbert Little (30) indicted, arrested & charged (9/5/19) with 4 counts of involuntary manslaughter, 2 counts corruption of another with drugs, 1 count of tampering with evidence, 1 count of cross abuse of a corpse, 2 counts of permitting drug use, 1 count of endangering children, 1 count of reckless homicide, 1 count of possession of heroin, 1 count of falsification & 1 count of failure to report knowledge of a death. $10M bond.
Carroll County #2019CR06403

*Arraignment Hearing (@ 9am ET) – OH – Jonathon Minard (14) (last seen going to farm to milk cows, 4/13/19, Washington Township near New Harrisburg, found in shallow grave on the farm on 4/19/19) - *Matthew Herbert Little (30) indicted, arrested & charged (9/5/19) with 4 counts of involuntary manslaughter, 2 counts corruption of another with drugs, 1 count of tampering with evidence, 1 count of cross abuse of a corpse, 2 counts of permitting drug use, 1 count of endangering children, 1 count of reckless homicide, 1 count of possession of heroin, 1 count of falsification & 1 count of failure to report knowledge of a death. $10M bond.

Great to have you here Niner. You can get the basics of this case by reading the first few pages and the last few pages, no need to read the whole thread. Majority of posts here were our compassionate members frustrated at no movement in the case. Jonathan's body was found fairly quickly after he disappeared (within days). We all knew he didn't bury himself but it took months for the autopsy results to give us the cause of death (drug overdose). Then we had to wait again for an arrest. The suspect was named from the beginning as the person last with Jonathan when he disappeared and he is also a known drug user with previous drug-related arrests. But he was not arrested for Jonathan's case until right after the Grand Jury met. The wheels of Justice have turned very slowly in this case. Seeing the suspect arrested and given a ten million dollar bond is like sweet music after months of silence.

MOO.

PS: Enjoy your road trip.

Thank you, Niner! As always, you're the best. Poor Jonathon! JMO he never intended to ingest fentanyl. It's not a drug that 14 yo boys are interested in, especially when he had likely never done drugs before. Fentanyl usually only appeals to much older people who have a history of abusing powerful, addictive drugs, like heroin or oxycontin.

Like the Rhoden Massacre trials, this may be more interesting adventures in the rural Ohio criminal justice system. ;)

$10 million bond set in Ohio teen’s fentanyl death

September 6, 2019

"CARROLL COUNTY, Ohio (CNN) — An Ohio man accused in the death of a 14-year-old boy was in court Thursday for a bond hearing.

The teen, Jonathan Minard, went missing back in April. Later that same month, his body was discovered in a shallow grave on a farm.

Wednesday, the Carroll County Sheriffs Office arrested 30-year-old Matthew Little, who had worked with Minard on the farm.

Thursday, a judge set little’s bond at a whopping $10 million. The prosecutor said it was a reasonable amount based on the allegations....

He is expected back in court next week for an arraignment hearing."

$10 million bond set in Ohio teen’s fentanyl death
---

J-Minard-obit-pic-42519.jpg

(Jonathan E. Minard, 14)

10 million is way higher than I expected for a manslaughter case. wow. But I agree with the judge that fentanyl is highly dangerous and that deems it an appropriate bond amount.

Tuesday, Sept. 10th:
*Arraignment Hearing (@ 9am ET) – OH – Jonathon E. Minard (14) (last seen going to farm to milk cows, 4/13/19 Washington Township near New Harrisburg, found in shallow grave on the farm on 4/19/19) - *Matthew Herbert Little (30) indicted, arrested & charged (9/5/19) with 4 counts of involuntary manslaughter, 2 counts corruption of another with drugs, 1 count of tampering with evidence, 1 count of cross abuse of a corpse, 2 counts of permitting drug use, 1 count of endangering children, 1 count of reckless homicide, 1 count of possession of heroin, 1 count of falsification & 1 count of failure to report knowledge of a death.. $10M bond.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pennypiper
Back