GUILTY OH - Jonathan Minard, 14, found deceased, Carroll County, 13 April 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wednesday, Sept. 11th:
*Arraignment Hearing (@ 10am ET) – OH – Jonathon E. Minard (14) (last seen going to farm to milk cows, 4/13/19 Washington Township near New Harrisburg, found in shallow grave on the farm on 4/19/19) - *Matthew Herbert Little (30) indicted, arrested & charged (9/5/19) with 4 counts of involuntary manslaughter, 2 counts corruption of another with drugs, 1 count of tampering with evidence, 1 count of cross abuse of a corpse, 2 counts of permitting drug use, 1 count of endangering children, 1 count of reckless homicide, 1 count of possession of heroin, 1 count of falsification & 1 count of failure to report knowledge of a death.. $10M bond.
9/5/19 Update: Arraignment on 9/10.
9/10/19 Update: Arraignment moved to 9/11.

Marking my spot.

From above post; "1 count gross abuse of a corpse..."
How horrible for his parents to hear/read this. :(
Just him burying the body by an unauthorized person can generate this charge in Ohio. This charge doesn’t necessarily imply any more untoward actions than this. But it could mean worse.

Bond reduced for man charged in Carroll County teen’s death
Matthew Little faces 15 charges in Jonathan Minard’s death, including three counts of involuntary manslaughter.

September 11, 2019

"...Little's defense team on Wednesday requested the judge reduce his bond from $10 million to $500,000 on claims he has not been a flight risk. The judge agreed to reduce Little's bond to $1 million on several conditions, including an ankle monitor. Little must remain on his farm property and within 500 yards of his home. He also can't have any contact with the Minard family.

Court records show Little has a lengthy criminal history, with numerous charges for drug and gun crimes.

You can watch the full court hearing HERE:.."

Matthew Little faces 15 charges in Jonathan Minard’s death, including three counts of involuntary manslaughter.

September 11, 2019

"...Little's defense team on Wednesday requested the judge reduce his bond from $10 million to $500,000 on claims he has not been a flight risk. The judge agreed to reduce Little's bond to $1 million on several conditions, including an ankle monitor. Little must remain on his farm property and within 500 yards of his home. He also can't have any contact with the Minard family.

Court records show Little has a lengthy criminal history, with numerous charges for drug and gun crimes.

You can watch the full court hearing HERE:.."

Disappointing. He'll be out in no time, hanging at the farm and doing drugs again.

JMO, there needs to be some sanction against the owners of the farm. They need to be restricted from allowing any underage persons on the property for work. And both properties need to be thoroughly searched for drugs, weapons, etc. All should be confiscated. This is also a workplace crime and should be reported to the Dept. of Labor and OSHA for unsafe working conditions.

Disappointing. He'll be out in no time, hanging at the farm and doing drugs again.

JMO, there needs to be some sanction against the owners of the farm. They need to be restricted from allowing any underage persons on the property for work. And both properties need to be thoroughly searched for drugs, weapons, etc. All should be confiscated. This is also a workplace crime and should be reported to the Dept. of Labor and OSHA for unsafe working conditions.
I wonder if it will be reported. Once that door is opened, there will be not only the workplace violations you mention but the IRS will be involved. No employee/employer taxes were likely filed for Jonathon. No state taxes or local taxes were likely filed. No Workers Comp was likely in place. His parents should sue the daylights out of this horror show of a farm business and the people who own it.

This guy has connections to bigger fish and that monitoring band, staying on the farm, etc. hopefully will reel them in. His parents had to have been aware of something, somewhere. But yet, they let him live there. Just my opinion but parents who enable their adult kids just annoy me to no end.

Confirming MHL is still in custody - has not been released on reduced $1M bail...

Offender Name
:
LITTLE, MATTHEW HERBERT
Custody Status:
In Custody
Race:
White
Contact Facility:

Offender ID:

Date of Birth:
03/18/1989

Just him burying the body by an unauthorized person can generate this charge in Ohio. This charge doesn’t necessarily imply any more untoward actions than this. But it could mean worse.

Relative to Ohio's gross abuse of a corpse - the saddest fact is the charge is only a 5th degree felony -- the lowest felony.

OH teen from Warren County (Skylar Richardson) indicted for murdering her newborn daughter and burying her in her backyard in 2017 was found not guilty on all charges except abuse of a corpse today. (Baby's body so decomposed limited evidence for prosecutor).

The max sentence is 12 months, and 5th degree felony can be sealed meaning after 3 years probation, it can be entirely removed from her record.

Jurors instructions for abuse of corpse /defined:

Lauren Pack‏ @LPackJN
Instructions of law given to the jury states: abuse of a corpse is to recklessly treat human corpse in a way that would outrage reasonable community sensibilities without being authorized by law to do so @journalnews

11:43 AM - 12 Sep 2019

I wonder if it will be reported. Once that door is opened, there will be not only the workplace violations you mention but the IRS will be involved. No employee/employer taxes were likely filed for Jonathon. No state taxes or local taxes were likely filed. No Workers Comp was likely in place. His parents should sue the daylights out of this horror show of a farm business and the people who own it.

This guy has connections to bigger fish and that monitoring band, staying on the farm, etc. hopefully will reel them in. His parents had to have been aware of something, somewhere. But yet, they let him live there. Just my opinion but parents who enable their adult kids just annoy me to no end.
Agricultural labor has many different requirements for minimum wage, unemployment, fica, withholding, etc. as compared to non-farm labor. None may have been legally required.

Agricultural labor has many different requirements for minimum wage, unemployment, fica, withholding, etc. as compared to non-farm labor. None may have been legally required.

Yes, it's sad that farms are exempt from some safety and workplace regulations. Hopefully there will be an exception in this case. No farm owner deserves protection from such horrible abuse of a child who was recruited to work on their farm, knowing the risks that child faced in being exposed to supervisors addicted to and using extremely dangerous and lethal drugs.

@Seattle1 - I have not read this thread before - I see you tagged me here! That means I have a TON of posts to read! LOL!

Unfortunately I'm leaving on a road trip this weekend and won't be able to catch up until Monday. I see I have until Tuesday to catch up.... I'll try!

Anyone want to give a short synopsis on this case?

I see some info in post #783 that I can use. Seattle do you have a link to the court site for Carroll County - I don't have that one. TIA! :)
@Niner safe travels and thank you for your work on the court system - we appreciate it so much !

and just in case I don't get to post this - as I will be flying on Oct. 1st.

Tuesday, Oct. 1st:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ 1pm ET) – OH – Jonathon E. Minard (14) (last seen going to farm to milk cows, 4/13/19 Washington Township near New Harrisburg, found in shallow grave on the farm on 4/19/19) - *Matthew Herbert Little (30) indicted, arrested & charged (9/5/19) & arraigned (9/11/19) with 4 counts of involuntary manslaughter, 2 counts corruption of another with drugs, 1 count of tampering with evidence, 1 count of cross abuse of a corpse, 2 counts of permitting drug use, 1 count of endangering children, 1 count of reckless homicide, 1 count of possession of heroin, 1 count of falsification & 1 count of failure to report knowledge of a death. Plead not guilty. $10M bond was reduced (9/11/19) to $1M.
Carroll County #2019CR06403
9/5/19 Update: Arraignment on 9/10. 9/10/19 Update: Arraignment moved to 9/11.
9/11/19 Update: Plead not guilty to all charges. Motion for bond reduction granted. From $10M to $1M on several conditions, including an ankle monitor. Little must remain on his farm property and within 500 yards of his home. He also can't have any contact with the Minard family. A pretrial is scheduled for Oct. 1 at 1 p.m.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tkm0284
Back