GUILTY OH - Jonathan Minard, 14, found deceased, Carroll County, 13 April 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This poor little boy, such a giving heart to go help and have his light snuffed out.

CARROLL COUNTY, Ohio — The Carroll County Sheriff’s Office has confirmed the death of Jonathon Minard, a 14-year-old boy who went missing over the weekend.

Police say Jonathon was found buried at farm in Washington Township.

Jonathon was last seen on April 13. On Wednesday, authorities announced that there was a person of interest in the case.

The person of interest, who authorities have not named, has been questioned twice. That person agreed to take a polygraph test but later changed their mind, according to the sheriff’s office.

On Tuesday, over 100 volunteers searched a six-mile area around the Dellroy Fire House, scouring the hilly and wooded terrain for any sign of the missing boy.

Relatives said Jonathon was picked up on Friday to do some work, including milking cows, on a farm in New Harrisburg and later was taken to a family friend's home closer to Carrollton.

Investigators said the boy complained of a toothache and was left alone at the residence. After that, he vanished.

Missing 14-year-old boy found dead after days of searching

I wonder what kind of drugs the POI was arrested for previously. I did see in the victims SM that his friends were very into pot. Which is quite normal for a 14 yr old. So it might not mean anything.

But I do wonder if the visit might have included a deal to buy or be given some pot in exchange for the farm labor? And if that brought in a 3rd party to the deal?

I sure hope they have the evidence they need to make one soon. I doubt this was an accidental death. MOO.
I agree.
May have missed/misunderstood it, but if he was found at a farm in Washington Township this couldn't be the same farm in Carrolton, OH mentioned right? What I understand both are in Carroll County. I just don't know where.

I think there was no toothache, but maybe he decided to "try" something or was given without his knowing and it went wrong. He didn't dig his own grave.

MHOO, JMO, IMHOO

RIP Jonathan

I agree.
May have missed/misunderstood it, but if he was found at a farm in Washington Township this couldn't be the same farm in Carrolton, OH mentioned right? What I understand both are in Carroll County. I just don't know where.

I think there was no toothache, but maybe he decided to "try" something or was given without his knowing and it went wrong. He didn't dig his own grave.

MHOO, JMO, IMHOO

RIP Jonathan
Washington Township is right near Carrollton.
Google Maps

Search for Jonathan Minard expands into criminal probe

ETA: Report prior to being found on farm in Washington Township

4/18/19

Two days of canvassing areas for Jonathan Minard proved fruitless.

“We do have a person of interest,” the sheriff said. “There have been no arrests.”

Minard remains missing after he was last seen visiting a 29-year-old friend for the weekend.

A massive search that began the morning of April 15 and continued a day later in the Dellroy/New Harrisburg areas involved hundreds of law enforcement officers and volunteers, drones, fixed aircraft and other equipment designed to help locate the missing teen.

“We searched all day yesterday and the night before and came up with absolutely nothing,” Williams said. “We’re not doing any more physical searches today. We’re working on (the case) from a different angle.”
[...]
Dellroy and New Harrisburg are about 7-8 miles apart, north and west of Carrollton.

The teen’s friend lives in New Harrisburg. The friend’s father owns a dairy farm where the boy and his friend helped out, authorities said.

Investigators were told the boy and his friend went to the farm to work April 13, but the boy later complained that he had a toothache. He reportedly returned to the friend’s home to try to reach his parents, and has not been seen since.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back