GUILTY OH - Jonathan Minard, 14, found deceased, Carroll County, 13 April 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Looks like they are crossing their Ts....

The sheriff's office said the discovery of Minard's body is just the first step in their investigation. They will continue to evaluate all evidence in its entirety. At the appropriate time there may be criminal charges pressed based on said evidence.

Officials said no additional information will be provided at this time as they "will not compromise the investigation."

Body of missing 14-year-old Carroll County boy found buried on farm in Washington Township

Carroll County Sheriff's Office Ohio
7 mins ·
*******************PRESS RELEASE*******************

At 10:15am on this day April 19, 2019, the body of missing juvenile Jonathon E. Minard was recovered from a farm in Washington Township in Carroll County where he was buried in a shallow grave. Jonathon’s body has since been transferred to the Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner for a complete autopsy. Results of the autopsy are not expected to return for several weeks. At this time, no further questions will be answered as the investigation remains pending. The Carroll County Sheriff’s Office will continue to gather evidence until the investigation is complete. We ask that the public and media respect the Minard family’s space and privacy at this time.

Washington Township is right near Carrollton.
Google Maps
Thanks for the map. Since they aren't releasing the address, could be very close, might not be. If he was never taken to Carrolton and went from New Harrisburg, farther.
I think there are some unknown players we've not yet heard about.

All MHOO IMHO JMO
My heart goes out to Jonathan's friends and family.

ETA: As reported earlier 4/18. Reportedly, JM's mother never got a call from her son.

The search for an Ohio teen who disappeared on Saturday has shifted to a criminal investigation, with police ID'ing a person of interest in the case.

Jonathan Minard, 14, was last seen working on a farm in New Harrisburg, about eight miles from his home in Dellroy. bbm

According to investigators, Minard was helping his 29-year-old friend on the dairy farm of the friend's dad when he began to complain of a toothache, The Canton Repository reported. The pair are said to have headed to the friend’s home to call the teen's mother.
Ohio police peg person of interest in case of missing boy, 14

Last edited:
Thanks for the map. Since they aren't releasing the address, could be very close, might not be. If he was never taken to Carrolton and went from New Harrisburg, farther.
I think there are some unknown players we've not yet heard about.

All MHOO IMHO JMO
My heart goes out to Jonathan's friends and family.
I am not certain about the locations mentioned in the stories so far. My understanding was the friend lived in New Harrisburg and Jonathon went with that friend to that friend's father's dairy farm. If I have the right people (and I think I do) then my best guess is that Jonathon never left the father's farm (which if I have the right people is in Washington Township).

I'm having a bad day to begin with. This has just pushed me over the edge. I'm so so sorry to hear this horrible news. He appeared to be such a sweet boy. Why? Why? Why? I hope justice is swift. I pray for his dear soul, his parents, and everyone that knew him and for those of us here that are grieving.

Carroll County Sheriff's Office Ohio
7 mins ·
*******************PRESS RELEASE*******************

At 10:15am on this day April 19, 2019, the body of missing juvenile Jonathon E. Minard was recovered from a farm in Washington Township in Carroll County where he was buried in a shallow grave. Jonathon’s body has since been transferred to the Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner for a complete autopsy. Results of the autopsy are not expected to return for several weeks. At this time, no further questions will be answered as the investigation remains pending. The Carroll County Sheriff’s Office will continue to gather evidence until the investigation is complete. We ask that the public and media respect the Minard family’s space and privacy at this time.
Just an observation on my own post -- neither Carrollton, New Harrisburg, or Dellroy, are located in Cuyahoga County.

Any reason why LE would say body was recovered in Carroll County if not true? Carroll County does have coroner office. MOO

Just an observation on my own post -- neither Carrollton, New Harrisburg, or Dellroy, are located in Cuyahoga County.

Any reason why LE would say body was recovered in Carroll County if not true? Carroll County does have coroner office. MOO

Any farming towns in C
Carroll County may have a coroner but not a medical examiner.The counties may share services of the medical examiner.

countyweb.jpg

Area County Map...

Interestingly, when I googled Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner, every web site emphasized their expertise with the opioid epidemic. I wonder if JM was taken there because of the possibility of drug involvement.

Looks like they are crossing their Ts....

The sheriff's office said the discovery of Minard's body is just the first step in their investigation. They will continue to evaluate all evidence in its entirety. At the appropriate time there may be criminal charges pressed based on said evidence.

Officials said no additional information will be provided at this time as they "will not compromise the investigation."

Body of missing 14-year-old Carroll County boy found buried on farm in Washington Township

I think you are right!

BTW, I got so excited to see you posted that I almost tipped over my laptop.
upload_2019-4-19_18-10-11.jpeg

OMG.
Was away for a while and came back to this !
No arrests yet, it looks like.
Is the 29 yr. old named and/or a suspect ?

Eta : Buried on a different farm.
But still. BURIED.
SICK ('s).

I wonder if the poi did something to Jonathan, panicked, and called in a friend from the other farm to 'help him' ?
If those farms weren't too far apart, maybe the poi knew them ?

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back