OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
when JC showed his phone on TV it looked like he had a Cricket plan, I have wondered if they shared a plan since he knew so quickly that her phone had been turned off

morning, shouldbworking...

I'm back to JC being the number one suspect again.

I'm still focused on Katelyn having disappeared much earlier in the day. Clearly the people who would be texting with her on a daily basis could provide information as to whether they heard from her at all between Fri. night until the wee hours of Sat. morning. It's not outside the realm of possibility that JC could have been using a disposable phone so that his txt messages wouldn't be recorded. I would imagine the police picked through the pile of trash that he burned that night....one gets to wondering what was so important that he needed to burn it as soon as possible. Bloody clothes, gloves, rope, tape....?

when JC showed his phone on TV it looked like he had a Cricket plan, I have wondered if they shared a plan since he knew so quickly that her phone had been turned off

I'm surprised LE didn't take the phone considering the texts were some of the last clues that may have helped with their investigation? Or maybe they did and returned it to him? :waitasec:

Maybe it was someone she knew and walked with him/her willingly and that's why there are no signs of a struggle or any of the neighbours hearing anything?

What if someone she knew who rang her door bell and said hey let's go to the festival and she went along?

I can't see it, unless she knew the person and did not scream...Holly Bobo apparently got a scream off at some point, alerting a neighbot (not that it helped her...) and that was in the morning. At midnight or after, a scream should have attracted lots of attention, not to mention some sign of a struggle, even if just in the grass, or something dropped, a car pulling away in a hurry...if someone walked up and grabbed her, as you say, wouldn't they have to pull, carry, drag her back past those units to get to a car? Or the other way, still winding up with her out in the street?

exactly, wouldn't the neighbors have heard a struggle? unless she new or trusted the person. the parking spaces are directly behind the back doors of the units. About, 15 -20 ft give or take.

Per Nancy, he passed a poly. I didn't realize he took one yet. Second day she went missing. I wonder who else has taken one.

If this is true, How in Caylee Anthonys case did they get all of the texts 30 or more days later?

And in Kyron Hormans Case TH texts Messages up until 15 days later?

In the Anthony case, I'm pretty sure it was because a lot of Casey's friends still had those text exchanges on their phones, and voluntarily provided that information to LE when they found out what was going on. In Kyron's case I'm not sure, but I would guess it was something similar.

In this case, it'll be tougher because we don't know where Katelyn's phone is and JC could have deleted any exchanges between them already.

JC mentions Katelyn was going to move. I would be very interested in knowing where she was going to move. Was she going to move in with her dad and his gf? On her own? With a friend?

The burning of the documents sounded like she was cleaning up in preparation. Not sure why JC would say Katelyn wanted to be there for the burning? That made no sense to me considering she's the one who asked him to do it to begin with on that same day?

About 30 people gathered Gilmore Park on Thursday night to look for any sign of 23-year-old Katelyn Markham.

"It's hard to focus on daily things with that constantly on the back of your mind, someone missing like that," said Jim Carter, the father of Markham's fiancé.

Carter's son, John, is engaged to Markham. Carter said on Aug. 13, John left Markham's Dorshire Drive apartment at about midnight. Later that night, John Carter said he read a text from her, and the next day she was gone.

"Twelve days later, we're still searching and hoping we find her," Jim Carter said.
He said he brought his dog to help in the search.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/28981831/detail.html#ixzz1W8jT0fO7

Katelyn's future sister-in-law, Megan Meadows, was out, as well. She is determined to find her, and to set the record straight that her brother John Carter had nothing to do with Katelyn's disappearance.

"He's completely heartbroken," said Meadows. "He is not even himself. Katelyn was his soulmate. The love of his life. They've always been together. I can't imagine another way. People are saying just because he's not updating his Facebook or that he's not changing the picture that he's not doing anything. He's spending every single moment of his time planning or searching."

Organizers are also planning another search on Saturday at Harbin Park that one will take place at around noon.

http://www.fox19.com/story/15335537/police-strongly-considering-foul-play-in-missing-fairfield-woman

John Carter, 23, said he's doing whatever he can to help the investigation, even if he feels as if the community is placing the blame on him.

"People are going to say what they're going to say. You can't stop them," Carter said.
Carter said he may not be able to stop the comments being made after his girlfriend of six years disappeared, but he can make sure that people know how he feels.

"I'm not going to acknowledge the ridiculous things that people are saying because I know me. They don't know me, but I know myself. I'd never hurt Katelyn in a million years," Carter said.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/28969078/detail.html#ixzz1W8kIyOcd

Well, there's no sign of forced entry...no pry marks around the doors or windows, no broken windows or entry through a screen or sliding glass door and no signs of a struggle all which would indicate that she opened the door to someone she knew. But is was awfully late to think about going out if we are to believe what JC is telling the public..at least sometime between 12 or l am? And would she not have taken her purse or keys with her so that she could get back in the house on her return home? And why would she take her cell phone along if she just wound up turning it off right before 1am. If this is what happened then she must have been seeing another guy on the side without JC's knowledge. But if she went willingly, I still can't get past the fact that she wouldn't take her purse and keys.

Did anyone here follow Amy Henslee's case? I'll check in a little bit, but I seem to recall that she didn't bring her keys or purse with her either when Junior picked her up that fateful day...

Another theory of mine is that she could have had a secret admirer in the neighborhood. Someone who was smitten with her, possibly a peeping tom who kept an eye on her and knew her routine. She may have spoken to this person a few times in the past and opened her door to him once she recognized him. In this scenario I can imagine her opening the door and even leaving the house for a minute if he was pretty clever and had a story lined up. That could work and might explain why she left without any of her personal belongings.

Did anyone here follow Amy Henslee's case? I'll check in a little bit, but I seem to recall that she didn't bring her keys or purse with her either when Junior picked her up that fateful day...

I followed the case. I don't remember the keys but her purse was left behind.

JC is just so freaking weird. If he isn't guilty then he has one of strangest speech delivery patterns that I've ever witnessed.

I'm going to watch the Nancy Grace program that I recorded but before I even get started I can't get past this panel of experts stating that he doesn't fit the psychological profile. Huh? Well, let's see here...she is engaged to the guy, he is the last one to have laid eyes on her, he is her last known text message recipient, and what are the statistics of women that go missing at the hands of a husband or boyfriend?

Katelyn's future sister-in-law, Megan Meadows, was out, as well. She is determined to find her, and to set the record straight that her brother John Carter had nothing to do with Katelyn's disappearance.

"He's completely heartbroken," said Meadows. "He is not even himself. Katelyn was his soulmate. The love of his life. They've always been together. I can't imagine another way. People are saying just because he's not updating his Facebook or that he's not changing the picture that he's not doing anything. He's spending every single moment of his time planning or searching."

Organizers are also planning another search on Saturday at Harbin Park that one will take place at around noon.

http://www.fox19.com/story/15335537/police-strongly-considering-foul-play-in-missing-fairfield-woman

Well, according to Meadows quote, we must not be the only ones reading Websleuths!

JC is just so freaking weird. If he isn't guilty then he has one of strangest speech delivery patterns that I've ever witnessed.

I'm going to watch the Nancy Grace program that I recorded but before I even get started I can't get past this panel of experts stating that he doesn't fit the psychological profile. Huh? Well, let's see here...she is engaged to the guy, he is the last one to have laid eyes on her, he is her last known text message recipient, and what are the statistics of women that go missing at the hands of a husband or boyfriend?

Well, I think because he's cooperating fully with LE, has taken a polygraph and is out there searching and trying as much as possible to get the word out about Katelyn regardless of what people may think or say about him makes him an unlikely suspect. I think he realizes that the focus is on him and wants to do whatever it takes to be cleared and the focus shifted back on Katelyn where it should be, imo.

I think he's telling the truth even if a lot of the things he says raises some eyebrows and leaves us with more questions than answers.

The picture of the picture may not have been sent by Katelyn. We have to take that into consideration. The perp may have done it for whatever creepy reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pastureraisedoffroadpoke