OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can no longer watch NG, due to my loathing of her, so if someone can report anything useful? Would be appreciated...

For a good part of the show she kept calling Katelyn a "bride" :waitasec: Which was uhhh...interesting????
She was covering old territory IMO, the found objects from the park, etc. --the cell phone, shoe, and hoop earring. Unfortunately I think I fell asleep while she was talking to JC. Too bad, I only heard her ask him where he went at 11:30 at night and he said "I'm 22 years old" which NG had a heyday with. The rest of the interrogation was probably interesting.

ETA:I can see others didn't fall asleep during the broadcast and they have posted better summaries than I can! I posted this as soon as I saw your request, cluciano, and didn't see these other posts.

BTW--why in the NG interview does he never mention that he burned the papers? He says he was hanging out with friends, and that is all...WTH?

Okay......even if we buy that he is of sub-par intelligence, which has not been verified other than by his word soup, do you believe LE never asked him to? That seems beyond believable, to me.

I would think they would. But I don't know if they actually do that every time or when, during the investigation, they ask for it. Maybe we are all so used to the idea because of t.v. and it's not used right away. Have they labled him a suspect yet? I mean, besides the last person to see her/it's usually the sig. other kind of suspect. Ya know, out right say it? They might wait until after.

Are we sure he hasn't lawyered up?

Just wanted to point out that a pizza delivery person would likely not start work until around 5pm. Not much use for a delivery person before that. Perhaps it was when he was on his way to work around 5pm that he drove by her home and noticed the car there when she was supposed to still be at work. Then he got worried and asked his boss to leave around 7pm.

MOO

To be fair to the guy how many of us would think that LE was being 'hinky' with us if they asked you for a so called 'voice recognition test', I've never heard of such a thing.

I would be thinking LE are playing games.

All of a sudden he is too "slow" to keep a simple story straight? I believe that is possible, but it is usually with people who are literally below average. Do people really think JC is mentally retarded? (And mentally retarded is still the term used for people who have below average IQs so I am not trying to be offensive!).
If so, he should NOT be talking to anyone AT ALL. No interviews and no speaking unless with a lawyer directly to LE.

For a good part of the show she kept calling Katelyn a "bride" :waitasec: Which was uhhh...interesting????
She was covering old territory IMO, the found objects from the park, etc. --the cell phone, shoe, and hoop earring. Unfortunately I think I fell asleep while she was talking to JC. Too bad, I only heard her ask him where he went at 11:30 at night and he said "I'm 22 years old" which NG had a heyday with. The rest of the interrogation was probably interesting.

I broke down and watched...thanks though...it was worth it, for once.

I would think they would. But I don't know if they actually do that every time or when, during the investigation, they ask for it. Maybe we are all so used to the idea because of t.v. and it's not used right away. Have they labled him a suspect yet? I mean, besides the last person to see her/it's usually the sig. other kind of suspect. Ya know, out right say it? They might wait until after.

Are we sure he hasn't lawyered up?

If he has, it must be the worst lawyer on the planet.

Is this the picture of the found phone that was shown on NG tonight?

15q2kw5.jpg

It looks like it, but the showed it pretty fast.

Oh no! Guess I have to watch that rude women one more time :maddening:

But after reading everyones thoughts, I have a new one.

She could have run the garbage out. Or, if it was going to rain she may have
run out to check her windows.
Or a neighbor could have knocked on the door saying here windows were
open and it was going to rain.
Or she wanted to get something out of her car.

I'm really starting to think seriously about a neighbor
I like to watch true crime shows and I can't tell you how many times the
perp was a neighbor

And the people saying an older man, is a good one. Who would be afraid of a
guy your dads age or even older? :twocents:

And yet, there are many creeps in that age group, too--maybe a young person couldn't detect the creep factor in an older guy.

Is this the picture of the found phone that was shown on NG tonight?

15q2kw5.jpg

YES! Thank you-I believe it is! And now that I can see it clearly, this appears to be a very odd looking phone. It looks like the speaker is up by the screen and it's hard to see if there are any keys. Maybe it's a strange cover that was on the actual phone? :waitasec:

Off to google search...

YES! Thank you-I believe it is! And now that I can see it clearly, this appears to be a very odd looking phone. It looks like the speaker is up by the screen and it's hard to see if there are any keys. Maybe it's a strange cover that was on the actual phone? :waitasec:

Off to google search...

Well it is definitely not a red blackberry pearl phone. If it's not a cover, then it almost looks like a flip phone to me. :waitasec:

I would honestly be more afraid of an older guy approaching me in the middle of the night than a younger one. Men like my dad are in bed by 1 or later and are not approaching random girls.

All of a sudden he is too "slow" to keep a simple story straight? I believe that is possible, but it is usually with people who are literally below average. Do people really think JC is mentally retarded? (And mentally retarded is still the term used for people who have below average IQs so I am not trying to be offensive!).
If so, he should NOT be talking to anyone AT ALL. No interviews and no speaking unless with a lawyer directly to LE.

People have been saying he was really slow for the whole time. I personally don't think he's slow. I think he is probably average intelligence (although my BF says that's only an IQ of 90 and the mental retardation level is 70, I don't know if that's true though. :) ) and I think he thinks he's smarter than every one else and that is why he keeps changing his story/explaining before being asked to. When he sees that someone is smart enough to see through it, he changes it a little to try and throw them off.....if he's guilty.....

[/B]

And yet, there are many creeps in that age group, too--maybe a young person couldn't detect the creep factor in an older guy.

O you are right for sure. Lots of creeps all ages.

But, if the older guy looked nice, clean cut etc.
And especially if she knew him, however slightly.
Like a neighbor or a friend of her dads.

But, after nancy Grace I'm off the neighbor thilng

If he is completely innocent and someone really came along and took her away...well, I will be beyond shocked...I've not seen an innocent person make such a mess of telling a simple tale, if that is the case.

It is really, really hard to believe in JC's innocence right now. Would there be any reasons why a sane, rational, innocent man would make so many little mistakes/lies?

The only thing I can say is, "The truth stays the same"

Actually that COULD be a blackberry pearl. I can't imagine the police couldn't figure out whether it was a blackberry or not to rule it out as her phone. Do we know how old her phone was? It could definitely be an older model. The pearl is a slim phone, not square like other blackberry phones.

O you are right for sure. Lots of creeps all ages.

But, if the older guy looked nice, clean cut etc.
And especially if she knew him, however slightly.
Like a neighbor or a friend of her dads.

But, after nancy Grace I'm off the neighbor thilng

I believe LE will be too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members