OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With TM saying they have absolutely nothing to go on to begin their search, maybe that means the phone, etc. that were found really are NOT hers.

Forgive me for just jumping in and I'm not caught up on Katelyn's thread due to work this week not allowing me to be here much but....

After hearing JC on Nancy Grace last night, I must ask WTH???? He watched TV that night after leaving Katelyn but doesn't know what he watched??? He stated previously that he had tried texting Katelyn all day that Sunday but stated last night that he actually didn't even wake up until 4:30??? There's just something not right here with his discrepancies and as much as I don't want to believe that he's involved in whatever happened, I'm leaning more and more that way.

Going back to get caught up now....

ETA: Oh, and last night he also stated that LE hasn't asked him to take a polygraph but he'd be willing. WTH??? Why wouldn't LE have given him a polygraph already when he was the last person to see Katelyn?? Also thought he had taken one already and passed. Guess that could have been a private poly but I'm just not thinking so. Hmmmm....

Yes, but that's the thing. I don't really get that 'kissy-face' feeling because if she wanted to be with him, all romantic, then why the heck did she let him leave her condo at midnight? If they were all lovey-dovey they would have stayed together either at the condo or both at the pit-burning. Nope, I got the feeling she wanted some space from him. imoo

You could be right. I gathered from something her Dad said that she needed her sleep at night. I don't remember the exact conversation but she had said to JC that she had to go to bed and so he left. Her Dad said something to the effect, That was Katelyn.........meaning when she was ready to go to sleep she sent people home. I have a friend who does that.

I do agree she might have wanted more freedom but I think she was conflicted. Possibly sending out mixed signals. She has been in this relationship for 6 years. That's a long time for a 22 year old.

She might have really been struggling with it. If he was pushing her at all it could have caused her to blow. Let all her feelings and thoughts spill out. Maybe even ask for a timeout to sort her thoughts.

Would he accept it or blow? I don't think he would take it well. jmo

Forgive me for just jumping in and I'm not caught up on Katelyn's thread due to work this week not allowing me to be here much but....

After hearing JC on Nancy Grace last night, I must ask WTH???? He watched TV that night after leaving Katelyn but doesn't know what he watched??? He stated previously that he had tried texting Katelyn all day that Sunday but stated last night that he actually didn't even wake up until 4:30??? There's just something not right here with his discrepancies and as much as I don't want to believe that he's involved in whatever happened, I'm leaning more and more that way.

Going back to get caught up now....

ETA: Oh, and last night he also stated that LE hasn't asked him to take a polygraph but he'd be willing. WTH??? Why wouldn't LE have given him a polygraph already when he was the last person to see Katelyn?? Also thought he had taken one already and passed. Guess that could have been a private poly but I'm just not thinking so. Hmmmm....

I was wondering if they were watching something he would rather not say on national television...although if as previously stated, he was smoking pot instead of burning documents, that could be why he doesn't remember. They could have just worded it that way in the text messages in case the cops ever saw the texts for some reason.....but at this point I'd rather have a slap on the wrist for pot than go to jail for murder.

I'm going to ask a question here that will no doubt shock or horrify some people. I do not mean it disrespectuflly. I have looked at many, many pictures here and watched JC on all the videos I could find. I have heard some here questioning whether JC may be a bit "slow". I believe it is possible, but after viewing everything I can find on this case, I'm wondering if both of them, KM and JC were a bit "slow", whatever that means. There is something about her pictures that makes me wonder.

If I've offended anyone, I don't mean to, I'm asking a simple question in the most polite way I know how to ask it.

My opinion only

I don't think KM was slow. What I see is a lack of maturity. Something of a teenage mind set. imo To mature you take on responsibilty, which she had and you sometimes have to re-evaluate friendships. I believe she was moving on without him. She had personal growth but he was still 17. That's just my opinion.......

People who smoke a lot pot don't mature normally, have very little ambition, and appear to be lazy.

STEFF- :wagon: :welcome: :fireworks:

It's nice to have you here!

I agree that KM wasn't necessarily slow, but more likely immature.

Looking at her posts (older and more recent), she reminds me very much of a girl I knew at VT who was also 21, lived off campus, but had her parents pay her bills, rent, expenses, her car costs, etc. This girl had started at VT a year early so she was set to graduate, but she had the maturity level of a freshman because she didn't have many responsibilities put on her outside of her job and classes.

Now, not saying that KM hadn't grown up at least somewhat with the working 2 jobs, going to school, getting ready to graduate, etc, but I think if she had been living with her dad for awhile, some responsibility had recently been put on her shoulders when he moved out.

That makes you moody and stressed out, and if her dad moved out recently I don't know that she'd gotten more mature by living on her own, handling bills, etc, just yet.

Also (and I know this one from personal experience), hanging out with people who are less mature than you can have one of two effects: 1) you outgrow them or 2) they hold you back.

I'm a little split on what the case was with KM and JC.

Does anyone know the admissions requirements of the art institute she went to?

I don't think KM was slow. What I see is a lack of maturity. Something of a teenage mind set. imo To mature you take on responsibilty, which she had and you sometimes have to re-evaluate friendships. I believe she was moving on without him. She had personal growth but he was still 17. That's just my opinion.......

I think you're on to something here. This has kind of been my thinking all along. IF he did something to her, I think this could have been his motive.

Also, and this is absolutely just rumor and speculation, but apparently his FB page had some posts that caused some people to believe Katelyn was pregnant (they have since been deleted, but someone called him "papa," he made a comment that his best friends didn't know yet, etc.). If she did happen to be pregnant, I think a young woman in her position is bound to start doing some re-evaluation of her relationships, especially if she is considering keeping the baby.

I live in the area, and have been following the story and the FB pages. I don't know Katelyn or John personally. I have seen people on FB saying that John is "slow."

Respectfully snipped

I hope TES finds something today. The big search started about 1/2 hour ago, and I think was supposed to last at least 8 hours.

This is my first post, so I am sorry if I broke any rules, and I am excited to be in this forum.

Welcome to the :rollercoaster: and :tyou: for joining us.

Well, this is bizarre.

Just went onto FB to try to find the "Katelyn Markham: Consider All Possibilities" group but its not up.

I wonder if family and friends are requesting that groups be taken down when they hit too close to home?

*dunnnnndunnnnnnnDUNNNNNNNNN*

Ive been following this case and Im not sure what to think about the bf yet. I tended to believe him and my first reaction is he isnt involved. After NG last night and some of his stories changing my suspicions have gone up some. I wouldnt rule him off the list as POI but Id also be looking at others too.

Well, this is bizarre.

Just went onto FB to try to find the "Katelyn Markham: Consider All Possibilities" group but its not up.

I wonder if family and friends are requesting that groups be taken down when they hit too close to home?

*dunnnnndunnnnnnnDUNNNNNNNNN*

I just looked it up and it's still out there... "Katelyn Markham's Disappearance: Considering Everything".

Regarding the "brightness" issue, to me, based on having my own learning difference (ADHD), and having a partner with dyslexia, and lots of friends and family with dyslexia and ADHD, I believe JC and KM show similar traits.

My dyslexic friends will not use punctuation well, will consistently spell certain words incorrectly, say statements kinda jumbled/strangely, and have trouble expressing things verbally. They might misremember data (numbers, qualities, etc.) or get that data flipped. Dyslexia is like having the wires in your brain hooked up differently than "regular people."

ADHD people can have trouble resisting impulses, staying on task, making plans and getting organized, and they can blurt things out that they immediately regret. My favorite book on adult ADHD is telling of what the disease looks like to others, "You mean I'm not Lazy, Stupid, or Crazy!?" because an unmedicated ADHD sufferer might appear to be any of those adjectives. This can be really frustrating and distressing for them.

ADHD and Dyslexia sufferers might find it difficult to speak publicly, because they feel like their mind is spinning or going in the wrong directions. They're often very creative, high functioning people, and can be very intelligent, but it might be hard to see at first.

JC reminds me so much of a friend of mine with dyslexia and ADHD, I think that's why I keep giving him the benefit of the doubt, because I could see that dyslexic friend of mine saying the same odd things.

ETA: Plus, you throw marijuana in the loop... Things get SO jumbled.

People who smoke a lot pot don't mature normally, have very little ambition, and appear to be lazy.

Yikes, that last is a rather sweeping statement...I smoked pot throughout my twenties, graduated college, worked, etc...as did many people I know.

I think you're on to something here. This has kind of been my thinking all along. IF he did something to her, I think this could have been his motive.

Also, and this is absolutely just rumor and speculation, but apparently his FB page had some posts that caused some people to believe Katelyn was pregnant (they have since been deleted, but someone called him "papa," he made a comment that his best friends didn't know yet, etc.). If she did happen to be pregnant, I think a young woman in her position is bound to start doing some re-evaluation of her relationships, especially if she is considering keeping the baby.

You are so right and he said something in an interview that sounded like "he hoped they found them". That could also account for her being too tired to have night company, needing her sleep even more, and emotional swings (not to say that she had any but just saying).

OMG A light just came on :eek:hwow:. The Haunted Bridge previously mentioned.....the story is of a girl who haunts the bridge, had a baby, if you ask where her baby is she shows up............ Near the place where "the phone" was suppose to have been found. (if it was her phone).

Do you think he (if it was JC) would have taken her there? He probably knew the legend and might have seen that at the place to take her.

OK, OK, so I'm the slow one.........the last one to catch on to the reference to the haunted bridge......... :ghost:

Areas mapped out are areas not searched before, quite frankly, they are areas where someone would put a body, like here, right behind a busy road.

Dave Rader, Assistant Search Director: "These are places, might be busy in the day, at night little lighting, people wouldn't even know back here."

Rader is helping map out areas for tomorrow's search that will start at the p-l-s... point last seen... and go 8 or ten miles in different directions. Hundreds are expected to help in the search. They don't want to reveal targeted areas in case there is evidence someone wants to move or destroy.

http://www.local12.com/news/local/story/Mapping-Out-The-Search-For-Katelyn-Markham/yLfF9HFkWkatu7y4LqbFWg.cspx

Yikes, that last is a rather sweeping statement...I smoked pot throughout my twenties, graduated college, worked, etc...as did many people I know.

The operative words are " people who smoke a lot of pot" not people who smoke pot. I know a lot of people who have smoked it for years and lead productive lives, nothing abnormal, and I've known many, many who smoked a lot of pot (more than just social) and did nothing with their lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StacyStacyStacy