OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just wondering if he smokes a lot of pot and that is why he is so iffy with his facts. Why do you think they call it dope?

I do not get 'bad' feelings from him, like I do from the Powells for example. But his stories seem so off. Like tonight when he told NG that he never took a polygraph. WTH?

And his whole thing about trying to make her feel better about 'missing' the burning of her bank stuff, so he tells her she can watch HIS papers burn? THAT makes no sense at all. I think the reason she wanted to see her stuff burn was to feel confident it was fully destroyed. Why would she want to see him burn his stuff? Weird.

I agree, I dated a guy once who JC reminds me a lot of, he smoked a lot of pot and also was probably not that bright to begin with and said a lot of weird things like that. But seriously, to not be able to keep ANY details of his story straight??? I just don't know what to think of that.

And also, I can't imagine JC making up the story about her wanting to see her stuff get burned -- why would he invent THAT for their final conversation? That would make absolutely no sense. I could see if he just said she texted something like "Ok, thanks for burning my stuff." But for him to invent a conversation that makes no sense ... makes no sense !!! :waitasec:

. Why do you think they call it dope?

BBM I don't know, why? :floorlaugh:

And his whole thing about trying to make her feel better about 'missing' the burning of her bank stuff, so he tells her she can watch HIS papers burn? THAT makes no sense at all. I think the reason she wanted to see her stuff burn was to feel confident it was fully destroyed. Why would she want to see him burn his stuff? Weird.

I think her wanting to be there was more of a romantic thing. Not that she didn't trust him or that she wanted to see him burn papers. She wanted to be with him. Nighttime, a romantic fire, smores. Kissy face, huggy bear and all that stuff.

JeannieC.. I totally agree with you. They seemed like the BEST of friends and had so many common interests... Sigh. Their pics together showed a couple that enjoyed each other and JC seemed so dedicated to KM :(

I see that kind of, but I also get the feeling she was wanting some space and maybe wanting to spread her wings a bit. All of her pictures with him were mostly goofy, funny, joky and she looked like she was having fun. But her most recent pictures showed a new side of her. There was a more sophisticated, mature and beautiful Katelyn showing through. I just got the sense that she was getting some recognition and attention from more mature and successful men, perhaps from her Art museum internship, for example.

I might be wrong, but it is a nagging thought niggling at me. Like she was wondering if JC was too safe, and she was 'settling' for her long time best friend,as opposed to going out on her own for awhile. I think that is a very real crossroads that many young women experience at her age. With graduation comes those kinds of decisions.

I think her wanting to be there was more of a romantic thing. Not that she didn't trust him or that she wanted to see him burn papers. She wanted to be with him. Nighttime, a romantic fire, smores. Kissy face, huggy bear and all that stuff.

Yes, but that's the thing. I don't really get that 'kissy-face' feeling because if she wanted to be with him, all romantic, then why the heck did she let him leave her condo at midnight? If they were all lovey-dovey they would have stayed together either at the condo or both at the pit-burning. Nope, I got the feeling she wanted some space from him. imoo

OH, NO! Not smores again!!:floorlaugh:

Is that some kind of water treatment plant in between KM's house and Sacred Heart Church?

(looking at Google maps)

It also looks like there is a cell phone tower right there too. Don't know if that makes a difference.

I see that kind of, but I also get the feeling she was wanting some space and maybe wanting to spread her wings a bit. All of her pictures with him were mostly goofy, funny, joky and she looked like she was having fun. But her most recent pictures showed a new side of her. There was a more sophisticated, mature and beautiful Katelyn showing through. I just got the sense that she was getting some recognition and attention from more mature and successful men, perhaps from her Art museum internship, for example.

I might be wrong, but it is a nagging thought niggling at me. Like she was wondering if JC was too safe, and she was 'settling' for her long time best friend,as opposed to going out on her own for awhile. I think that is a very real crossroads that many young women experience at her age. With graduation comes those kinds of decisions.

I agree Katy and was waiting for someone else to mention something like this. I dated a guy from the time I was 16, got engaged at 19 and by 21 I was a totally different person (and we parted). She was going to school, working 2 jobs and pursuing a life ... he was... well, delivering pizza, sleeping til 4:30 PM and playing video games. I'm SO not putting that down because if I had known better back then, i would have chosen the dedicated guy as opposed to venturing.... But, at her age.. you don't know that yet AND she was definitely blossoming and a beautiful girl..... I could see him drowning in grief if she truly wanted to (or did) move on.
maybe the whole "we'll get married at 25" thing' was some kind of ultimatum for him to grow up???

I agree completely. I do believe she loved JC but she also saw the down side. She had grown up and he wasn't ready. Like I said before she had goals and dreams and he didn't as far as I could see.

Just moving to Colorado doesn't make him have more incentive. He was going to be 25 soon and wasn't doing anything to better himself. I believe he said he was going to school but has anyone confirmed that he had gone or was attending?

He still lived with his mother. How was it going to be better for them if they moved to Colorado if he didn't move forward in a career.

Men probably were looking at her and seeing her as a woman not a girl. I'm not sure he did. He lacks maturity in many ways.

Maybe they did argue and maybe he did loose control or maybe someone else did. Its hard to say until they find her.

I agree Katy and was waiting for someone else to mention something like this. I dated a guy from the time I was 16, got engaged at 19 and by 21 I was a totally different person (and we parted). She was going to school, working 2 jobs and pursuing a life ... he was... well, delivering pizza, sleeping til 4:30 PM and playing video games. I'm SO not putting that down because if I had known better back then, i would have chosen the dedicated guy as opposed to venturing.... But, at her age.. you don't know that yet AND she was definitely blossoming and a beautiful girl..... I could see him drowning in grief if she truly wanted to (or did) move on.
maybe the whole "we'll get married at 25" thing' was some kind of ultimatum for him to grow up???

YES! I was 'engaged' at 21 to my high school boy friend and they remind me of us back then. Funny pictures, lots of laughs, very close and loving, after 4 years of dating, BUT we became kind of like brother and sister in my experience.

And that is the feeling I got from their many pictures. I know he was madly in love with her. But maybe because of my own experiences at her age, I sensed a reticence in her. Like she was growing and beginning to see how beautiful she had become, and she was probably getting attention from hotter, older guys for a change. It is hard to turn your back on that experience and marry someone 'forever' without ever dating someone new.

ETA: When I did finally break it off with my fiance, a very sweet and laid back, calm guy, he FREAKED. I had never seen him so emotional and so ANGRY. He blew up and drove off so fast, leaving me in a restaurant parking place. I went back in crying and called my house. While I was waiting for a ride home he came flying back and demanded I get in the car and talk. I didn't do it luckily, but it would have gotten ugly I am sure.

YES! I was 'engaged' at 21 to my high school boy friend and they remind me of us back then. Funny pictures, lots of laughs, very close and loving, after 4 years of dating, BUT we became kind of like brother and sister in my experience.

And that is the feeling I got from their many pictures. I know he was madly in love with her. But maybe because of my own experiences at her age, I sensed a reticence in her. Like she was growing and beginning to see how beautiful she had become, and she was probably getting attention from hotter, older guys for a change. It is hard to turn your back on that experience and marry someone 'forever' without ever dating someone new.

You are so right. She was 14 when she started dating him. I think she had a desire to have her own business and a big career. Maybe his was to get married and have children. (If he had one). Not meant to put him down, I just don't think he looked beyond the moment. jmo

:tyou: A News Junkie!! One day you need to teach me how to do this!!!

I will give classes in the parking lot once we find Katelyn.

Off to bed, and if I feel better tomorrow try to go help TES.

Night all!:eek:fftobed::pillowfight::eek:fftobed:

Yes, but that's the thing. I don't really get that 'kissy-face' feeling because if she wanted to be with him, all romantic, then why the heck did she let him leave her condo at midnight? If they were all lovey-dovey they would have stayed together either at the condo or both at the pit-burning. Nope, I got the feeling she wanted some space from him. imoo

Sadly I think she was already deceased.

I wonder if she had kept a diary.

I hope they catch him on video somewhere.

Praying they find her safe. Praying for her family and friends to be strong.

:praying::praying::praying:

I made this map based on my observations of Google Maps/street view of the area.

Attachments

• Katelyn Markham map.jpg
    Katelyn Markham map.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 33
Kamille posted on the 29th, providing this quote from an early article:

[JC's mother] says Markham texted her son around midnight Saturday Night/ Sunday morning, but didn't respond to his texts on Sunday. Since she normally couldn't text or take phone calls while at her job at a bridal store, they waited until Sunday evening to try to contact, then went to her apartment and found her car and purse still there.

Obviously, obeying everyday company policy is an absurd reason for not checking on someone in an emergency circumstance. But that aside, I wonder how long KM's shift was on Saturday? If she worked all day, from 10 am to 7 pm, then she accessed Facebook at least twice from work - presumably from her phone - in late morning and early afternoon.

Anyway, why would John keep texting and calling and worrying about her lack of response (as he claims in interviews) if it was normal for her phone to be off limits during work hours?

And why would his mother say they waited till evening to contact KM (and note that she mentioned text and phone calls specifically!) if John HAD in fact being trying to reach her all day, as he claims?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goldengoose1997