OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason, I am having the feeling she wasn't killed in her house if she was killed.

If Katelyn had gone to bed, and an intruder leapt from the closet, for example, there would be no reason for her phone to be missing. Even the most gadget-loving girl probably releases hold of the thing when she is asleep. Unless the perp had a reason to "lose" the phone, which would mean he knew her, she knew him. So...she either let someone in and/or left with someone she knows or she was not there when she went "missing", she went missing from someplace else. JMO

Excellent point, cluciano...

Also, no evidence of forced entry, no pry marks around door frame. I mean if it was an intruder I think it would be a neighbor who was watching her routine and saw JC leave the house and maybe rang the bell or knocked on the door. I could see her opening the door to a neighbor she recognized. (Maybe)

joe friday

You make a valid point about JC's ankle/leg injury. But I'm one of the few that happen to think there's an outside possibility that they may have gotten into a heated argument elsewhere....not in Katelyn's townhouse itself. I think it could have happened earlier in the evening and he returned to her home and staged it to look as neat and tidy as if she had been in bed at l:00am returning her purse and keys in the process. That's when he may have started posting as KM and sending the "picture of a picture". I think he may have sent that picture and turned his phone off then drove to the friend's home and turned his phone back on seven minutes later.

I dunno what happened...just my humble opinion

One thing to remember is that if something did happen to her outside the house, he would still have to dispose of her somehow.

It wouldn't be impossible for him to do it with that ankle, but it would be much easier and attract less attention if he had help. So that brings into question, was this a solo or group effort?

Maybe the reason his ankle is bothering him so much lately has nothing to do with the searches. Maybe it has to do with something altogether different.

Excellent point, cluciano...

Also, no evidence of forced entry, no pry marks around door frame. I mean if it was an intruder I think it would be a neighbor who was watching her routine and saw JC leave the house and maybe rang the bell or knocked on the door. I could see her opening the door to a neighbor she recognized. (Maybe)

Trying to picture this...so the doorbell rings, she answers it, maybe has the phone in her hand. And then what? Wouldn't there be a struggle, wouldn't she scream for help, try to press 911 even? She had neighbors close by, from the looks of it, and the person would then have to drag or carry her to the car, wherever he parked. And if she agreed to go with him, grab your keys, that is only normal, I do not believe you go out of your apartment after midnight and leave your place unlocked, leaving your keys inside. Even if she went out for a smoke, you'd still have to have the struggle, the screams, something if she was being hauled away against her will...

The keys bug me...I know some have said they might their place unlocked for a few minutes if lured to the car, for example, with a friend...I guess that could have happened...but why take the time to lock up the dog and then leave the place without your keys? Too many questions...

cluciano:

I am so glad that you brought up the experts on the Nancy Grace show. That so-called "psychologist" or psychiatrist should have been laughed off the show. From what I recall, she is the one who thought the fact that JC had that "dream" of his demonstrated to her that he couldn't possibly have had the frame of mind to commit a homicide.

Here's the clincher....when they asked JC what the dream was about he said right then and there THAT HE COULDN'T REMEMBER THE DREAM! I was flabbergasted that a professional would actually give an expert opinion on something that JC can't even remember.

I just couldn't freaking BELIEVE IT!

I had the same feeling.
And I don't imagine that I''ll ever watch her again, she is so rude:floorlaugh:

But I also agree with the post that doubts JC is cunning enough to cover this up
so well

Here's my story and I'm stickin to it.

JC left Saturday night. She was sitting on the bed. She sent him a picture of her. A copy of the picture her friend had taken. Very good picture and she was proud of it.

Decided to go outside and smoke. Closed the bedroom door leaving the dog inside.
Took her phone with her.

Someone, possibly a stranger, probably a neighbor, or a stalker cut through,came into the parking lot, or met her on the patio. Stopped to talk to her, she was very personable and didn't seem to be afraid of people. Maybe he had a cigarette with her. Next thing he either grabbed her, pulled a gun or a knife, and abducted her.

We are creatures of habit. Someone who had watched her or lived close by would know if she went out for a smoke every night before going to bed. Maybe he had heard her talking on the phone at night or seen her texting.

Probably he had talked to her outside on other occasions. Might have been someone who also went out every night for a smoke or to walk his dog.

My guess, a single or divorced man, over 40, keeps to himself, possibly a dog owner. Not very attractive, lonely, obsessed with Katelyn but appears to be her older friend. Listens to her problems.

jmo

Well, I'm sure they sent in criminalists to dust the place for fingerprints on doors, windows, and surfaces in the home and used "luminol" to check for blood spatter or spots where someone attempted to clean up blood. I would also assume her computer was checked for prints.

This is an active investigation and these LE individuals are a pretty smart group of people. They know a lot about this case but aren't at liberty to discuss it. That's fine with me. Anything that protects the integrity of the investigation and right person is held accountable for this crime. I still don't think she left town to start a new life....

JC left Saturday night. She was sitting on the bed. She sent him a picture of her. A copy of the picture her friend had taken. Very good picture and she was proud of it.

Decided to go outside and smoke. Closed the bedroom door leaving the dog inside.
Took her phone with her.

Someone, possibly a stranger, probably a neighbor, or a stalker cut through,came into the parking lot, or met her on the patio. Stopped to talk to her, she was very personable and didn't seem to be afraid of people. Maybe he had a cigarette with her. Next thing he either grabbed her, pulled a gun or a knife, and abducted her.

We are creatures of habit. Someone who had watched her or lived close by would know if she went out for a smoke every night before going to bed. Maybe he had heard her talking on the phone at night or seen her texting.

Probably he had talked to her outside on other occasions. Might have been someone who also went out every night for a smoke or to walk his dog.

My guess, a single or divorced man, over 40, keeps to himself, possibly a dog owner. Not very attractive, lonely, obsessed with Katelyn but appears to be her older friend. Listens to her problems.

jmo

And did what with her?
Where is she?
Whether JC or someone else, they would still have to get her, or her body, into a car, away from there, etc...
I doubt she is locked up in an apartment a few doors down two weeks later...but who knows...

Trying to picture this...so the doorbell rings, she answers it, maybe has the phone in her hand. And then what? Wouldn't there be a struggle, wouldn't she scream for help, try to press 911 even? She had neighbors close by, from the looks of it, and the person would then have to drag or carry her to the car, wherever he parked. And if she agreed to go with him, grab your keys, that is only normal, I do not believe you go out of your apartment after midnight and leave your place unlocked, leaving your keys inside. Even if she went out for a smoke, you'd still have to have the struggle, the screams, something if she was being hauled away against her will...

The keys bug me...I know some have said they might their place unlocked for a few minutes if lured to the car, for example, with a friend...I guess that could have happened...but why take the time to lock up the dog and then leave the place without your keys? Too many questions...

I've been thinking, since someone posted that she was a smoker. In the pictures there is a table and a chair. This is what I picture.

She's sitting out there having a smoke, it could be middle of the night or early morning. Jc said she wanted to go to bed because she got up early.

Someone, most likely a neighbor, comes over and engages in a conversation, maybe asked for a light or to borrow a cig.

Then makes up a reason for her to come over the his/her apartment.

It's too bad the police didn't ask to search all the apartments.

Or says, "How bout a breakfast sandwich" Mc Donalds is right down the road, she gets into the car and ..........

I don't think it could be a stranger just passing by, because her parking area is small and not easily accessible.

Also on the phone, if the battery goes dead my phone shuts off. I wonder if that could have happened.

As to the dog in the bedroom, I accidently shut my dogs in rooms all the time, they follow me and I shut the door without thinking.

Also sometimes a gust of wind can slam a door.

Just some things for you all to think about:twocents:

personally, if i heard a knock at the door or someone texted/called for me to come to the door, i would have taken my dog with me. same thing if i were going out for a smoke. i used to be home alone a lot when i was younger and at night i would keep my dog with me at all times, even though he didn't have a mean bone in his body. it was just comforting for me to have him there 'just in case'.

Took her phone with her.

jmo

I really like this theory too, and it is basically where I am if I were gambling girl, but I haven't ruled out younger men who are her age. What makes you (JeannieC) think 40s (out of curiosity)?

I especially like the "single/divorced" theory, because this unsub likely lives alone.

Further, this man could also be a friendly with her dad, who is in his 40s and lived there recently.

I'd like to say if she was abducted for sexual purposes by a neighbor, for example, she should have been found by now...

But lately, I am in despair of anyone being found, ever...

But here's my question....why would she have to go outside to smoke? Was this her pattern? If her dad had a rule about it but he wasn't home at the time why not just smoke in the room? I would have been too lazy to go outside having to lock the dog up in the room, putting on clothes and shoes. I would have just opened the window and smoked.

Took her phone with her.

jmo

In the pouring rain???

And did what with her?
Where is she?
Whether JC or someone else, they would still have to get her, or her body, into a car, away from there, etc...
I doubt she is locked up in an apartment a few doors down two weeks later...but who knows...

Might have taken her to his apartment, the woods, or to his car. That I don't know. Depends on how close his apartment is and where the car was parked. There have been others who were in an apartment or house for two or more weeks.

I hope the search reveals where she was taken.

And did what with her?
Where is she?

If someone was able to get her away from her apt. without causing a scene, and without being seen or heard, then he has endless possibilities to dispose of her. He could have driven to a secluded place he knows of already, like a hunting cabin or camping area, and put her in an area where nobody is searching. He could have stashed her away live somewhere, like an underground basement even.

I don't know where these perps are hiding their victims, but Hailey Dunn, Holly Bobo, little Kyron, Susan Powell, and hundreds of other lost souls are hidden somewhere. I only wish I knew where. :rose:

If someone was able to get her away from her apt. without causing a scene, and without being seen or heard, then he has endless possibilities to dispose of her. He could have driven to a secluded place he knows of already, like a hunting cabin or amping area, and put her in an area where nobody is searching.

I don't know where these perps are hiding their victims, but Hailey Dunn, Holly Bobo, little Kyron, Susan Powell, and hundreds of other lost souls are hidden somewhere. I only wish I knew where. :rose:

I know, I no longer believe anyone of them will be found. :( It is very depressing. When someone is finally found, years later, it is almost always by accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member