OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OH NO- I certainly appreciate your efforts...but I did think you were specifically looking at that particular photo as being the one sent...
my apologies.

Does anyone know if the local police have warned the citizens of Fairfield to be careful of a crazy lunatic kidnapping young women in the middle of the night?
Sometimes the police will hint at things to let the public know if everyone is in danger or they think the crime is not random.
If the Police thought this was some random crime, wouldn't they have some sort of warning in the community? Maybe they have.

Haven't heard a PEEP! (No pun intended) :)

I have a confession to make. LOL

I live in a very small town, 68 people (literally, when we get bored we count the people. lol.) However, a new bar that seems to be very popular has moved in 3 lots down on the same block with all kinds of people parking in front of my house. The night before last I was hanging out with some neighbors in their yard, I had mentioned that as long as my bedroom light was on, I was up and they could text or stop by, and not to hesitate if there was a problem with the bar.

Last night at about 11, the door bell rang. Assuming it was them, I opened the door with out thinking, didn't even put a robe on (they are ladies too.) Who else would be coming to the door at 11, after all, and we were just texting a bit about the noise of the tavern.

Well, color me shocked when I open the door and it's the police officer I had called at 1030 (although until I typed this I had that I answered the door at 1030, but when I typed out when I called I remembered I had waited until 1030 to call because that would be a reasonable time most people, on a Sunday, would need to go to bed.)

I didn't check who it was, I didn't even think of it, embarrassingly enough. Even though this case has been on my mind non-stop for weeks. As soon as I saw it wasn't my friends, I though, "Son of a.... I can't believe I just did that, thank God it's the cop.)

I saw someone mention either here or on facebook that one of the t.v. channels did a segment on who would open the door to a stranger and a surprising number of people did....well put me in that group and you should title it "WTF were they thinking." lol

I'm not saying I believe it was a stranger, but I guess opening that door is a little easier than I thought.

Since we're back to talking about the picture, does anyone else notice anything funny about the left side of the picture, right above the flash?

I was staring at the photo the other day when Dime Detective first made their point about the flash, and it *almost* looks like there's a very mucky reflection of part of someone's face or something else showing in the reflection.

I might be thinking about this too hard, or maybe I'm just imagining things. I do do freelance fiction writing on the side, so its always possible my imagination is deciding to see things and planting them in my head.

In any case, there does see to be some sort of odd discoloration on the left side of KM's head in the photograph.

If this doesn't make any sense to anyone, I might be going crazy.

Or I can try pointing out what's bothering me on the actual picture, if anyone wants to see.

OH NO- I certainly appreciate your efforts...but I did think you were specifically looking at that particular photo as being the one sent...
my apologies.

Thanks. I feel/felt as if I can't communicate properly since my original post #1283 said: " I wonder if this is the pic of a pic that he showed reporters. Reason being you see the circle glare, like a photo taken of a screen."
then DD post here addressed it: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OH OH -- Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 #3

Then someone (can't find it now) said they spent a hour or two on this and it just felt like I either can't communicate and need to break my fingers or nobody is reading my posts. :tears: I also felt as if what some of us found interesting to discuss was being attacked (for lack of a better word) instead of just scrolled past as something not of interest. I know this might not interest everyone, but it is a discussion forum and - well, I just felt hurt and misunderstood.

Anywhooooooooo - I LOVE ALL YOU GUYS and :gthanks: for understanding, or reading, but most of all for all EVERYONE is doing to help KATELYN!

Now, everyone in a circle holding hands lets sing
United We Stand - Brotherhood of Man - YouTube

Since we're back to talking about the picture, does anyone else notice anything funny about the left side of the picture, right above the flash?

I was staring at the photo the other day when Dime Detective first made their point about the flash, and it *almost* looks like there's a very mucky reflection of part of someone's face or something else showing in the reflection.

I might be thinking about this too hard, or maybe I'm just imagining things. I do do freelance fiction writing on the side, so its always possible my imagination is deciding to see things and planting them in my head.

In any case, there does see to be some sort of odd discoloration on the left side of KM's head in the photograph.

Or I can try pointing out what's bothering me on the actual picture, if anyone wants to see.

I see it too - wondered for awhile if it was just my 51 year old old lady eyes! I wonder if it was distorted or manipulated (sepia ?? or warping effect) by Katelyn or the photographer. She did this often in her work.

Or it could be the NG production team - they seem to be into graphic distortion and dare I say it........ repeat-itis!

Oh ANJ I surely didn't mean anything bad...I am so sorry...I've read so much here about KM, and then poor Hailey, my gosh for months, and recently delving into Gail Palmgren and then that Micheal Smith...have to admit I get stuff mixed up sometimes:(
I guess I got it in my noodle that the PHOTO itself was the object of scrutiny...one thousands pardons, now smack me up side the head,and get back to your sleuthing!
hugs? hugs.

OMG I saw that at like 3 in the morning after a few beers and it freaked me out and I contributed it to the beers!!! YES I saw it. I am clueless about what it actually is, but I saw it

Watching this 10 minute interview for the first time (saw it referenced, but could never find the link.) There are a few parts where it seems like his voice is shaky and even one time when he points his open hand to the interviewer (sign of honesty,) however, there are a few things that are really messing with my head...

First: He says, about when he called friends and family, 911, "everything I could do to get my fiance back." He didn't really know she was gone at this point. I mean, he could have said find my fiance because he was looking for her, but "get [her] back?"

He touches his nose/ears/head a LOT, but notice WHEN he does it.

Towards then end, when he's not talking about how he feels about her missing, it's almost like he's laughing or about to smile. Like when he's talking about Murphy jumping on things. It looks like he's remembering a fond moment or sharing an anecdote about how silly this dog is, not worrying that this dog was trapped in this room while his fiance could be being hurt at that moment. He looks like the mouse that got the cheese.

When he talks about moving to Colorado, he uses some very cliche words, "safety-net of our parents," "grow up." He says, "we wanted to get out, we wanted to be that way." (listen to how it sounds, like he's pleading) Like he's trying to justify not already being that way, like KM (or someone else) accused him of needing to grow up. Now I see where everyone was getting that before....

After all that he says, "absolutely" while shaking his head no and then touching his ear...I believe the question is there should be something suspicious...

When he talks about if anyone can find the ping on a dead phone that would be the greatest thing ever, he seems to laugh a little, like yeah, no way that's going to happen.

Around the 7:40 mark when he says something happened to her phone, he actually moves back and positions his body at an angle to the interview that sounded like she asked the question. Like he knows it was destroyed and doesn't want the person to ask any more (kind of like when someone hides something and when you ask where is it, the instinctively move closer to where it is hidden to block you from it.)

He says he would always do stuff for her, specifies vacuuming her house... sounds to me like he did that recently

Going to watch it with out the sound now.

http://www.wlwt.com/r/28919291/detail.html scroll to the bottom to see the full interview (for anyone else that missed it or wants to rewatch)

bolded by me because i think they're great points. also... the reporter asked him "any idea of what could have happened?" and he says "i don't even know anyone that would do that" (around the 2 minute mark). then he goes on and says my friends are her friends and her friends are my friends, except for the ones at school"

also... how he talks about the 12:52 text and how slow they can be to come in.

everything he says sounds rehearsed to me. like the guilt he's feeling, he can't stop thinking about it, he's feeling paranoid, so he's freely saying things that he's not even being asked about.

Oh ANJ I surely didn't mean anything bad...I am so sorry...I've read so much here about KM, and then poor Hailey, my gosh for months, and recently delving into Gail Palmgren and then that Micheal Smith...have to admit I get stuff mixed up sometimes:(
I guess I got it in my noodle that the PHOTO itself was the object of scrutiny...one thousands pardons, now smack me up side the head,and get back to your sleuthing!
hugs? hugs.

NEVER! A mild playful :pillowfight:maybe! LOL
But a :grouphug::hug: ALWAYS!!!!!!!!!

Now, what I really need to know before I can focus is:
BaaBaaBlackSheep ----> was the cop cute? Were the PJ's you had on cute and flattering! (Thanks for sharing that story - made me smile!)

I would like to ask this so I'm going to be as delicate as possible:

does anyone think JC sounds just a little bit 'effeminate'?

I had to look this word up!!!!!lol I don't know what it is about him, but I really feel like the term GEEK, sissy lala type fits him!!!!! Just ODD! He also seems slow, flat but not dishonest to me!

I was reading that as well. I am one of those who does not understand the whole idea of putting your life out there on the internet in the first place, and certainly not debating a relative's possible criminal involvement with a bunch of avatars...so it all seems strange to me. I can't imagine anything less important than going on the internet to defend a loved one, when a case like this is going on...why do they care what is said about JC, if Katelyn is really their main concern? I'd be spending my time either searching or at least scouring the internet for similar crimes, looking up RSO's, etc...something to HELP in some way.

I HAVE to wean myself from these FB pages associated with missing persons...I just can't bear the atrocious grammar and spelling; it makes me fear for our country...:(

Well put and AMEN!

I have not read it yet (and maybe won't for the reasons you site so well above - it is getting on my last nerve!) but damage control and their own self centered concern for their reputation would be my guesses. Newsflash to them: Any pain you or your families are in is NOTHING compared to what Katelyn endured or is enduring.

You know, it is so cool and nice out -- maybe I will jump off here and go take a drive with the dogs! There are a few places on google maps that I want to take a look at!

NEVER! A mild playful :pillowfight:maybe! LOL
But a :grouphug::hug: ALWAYS!!!!!!!!!

Now, what I really need to know before I can focus is:
BaaBaaBlackSheep ----> was the cop cute? Were the PJ's you had on cute and flattering! (Thanks for sharing that story - made me smile!)

He was very cute! As was the cop from the night before (this bar is a nightmare for the neighborhood and the neighbors had some property damage.)

I would not say that the pajama's were necessarily cute or flattering :( (just a tank and some light sweats)

My BF would be happy to know that ^^^

*Note to self, buy really cute pj's, put my cute robe on before answering the door, ask who it is before answering the door.

I had to look this word up!!!!!lol I don't know what it is about him, but I really feel like the term GEEK, sissy lala type fits him!!!!! Just ODD! He also seems slow, flat but not dishonest to me!

To me, he seems to lack emotional affect. Blunted or void of emotion. Self serving and his eyes are flat. Of course, just my take -- but it bothers me and reminds me of many a perp we have seen. He really reminds me of Matt Baker. Ewwwwwwwie, on that note -- I need a shower!

I would like to ask this so I'm going to be as delicate as possible:

does anyone think JC sounds just a little bit 'effeminate'?

janitor, I have to say I got that impression of him immediately. Maybe it's because of the way he seems to be a slave to Katelyn, more than an equal in a relationship. It makes me think he's gay but just hasn't come to terms with it yet. He reminds me of Josh Powell who also seems like he wouldn't really be happy married to a woman. Just an impression-- I could be totally wrong. Maybe it's the goatees ! LOL. They sort of look alike.

It also could be the marijuana has mellowed him out to the point where he has lost his boundaries. I don't know.

I'm editing this to add that Josh Powell has a creepy guilty vibe that I don't really get from JC.

Okay. Some of my posts were deleted about the FB shenanigans... can someone let me know WHY?

There was a Q&A session on FB with a relative of JC and I was told this is a tactic for people to understand the "holes" in the stories and sometimes even lawyers will use such tactics to know what to address and review with their client.
Do NOT know if this was the situation but it happens according to 3 LE individuals in my family.

There was a Q&A session on FB with a relative of JC and I was told this is a tactic for people to understand the "holes" in the stories and sometimes even lawyers will use such tactics to know what to address and review with their client.
Do NOT know if this was the situation but it happens according to 3 LE individuals in my family.

Great point. I have been wondering if they come to this site for that very reason....to see the holes and work on the story....as it seems to be a different story each time.

There was even someone (Denise) telling everyone to stop asking the family member questions and pointing out the same tactic, but no one on the group seemed interested in listening.

If JC did do it, the Considering Everything group just gave his side plenty of ammo to build a better defense.....:(

One more reason not to like Facebook, I guess.

Also, I've been trying to post a picture of what I see in the left side of KM's photo to help point it out to those who haven't noticed it, but I can't figure out how. :p

Help? :crazy:

Okay. Some of my posts were deleted about the FB shenanigans... can someone let me know WHY?

I dont know the answer to your question but I love the word shenanigans. I dont use it nearly enough. :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08