OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
2 things:
-do FB chats have a history? Could she have a line of communication that couldn't be tracked?
- if there was another guy in her life, wouldn't he have a lot to lose if she moved in with JC's folk and / or moved to Colorado? Not saying it was a physical thing but maybe the other friend was overly attached.

If you think about it, she was getting ready to graduate/move away she might be looking around at co-workers and classmates with a 'why didn't I hang out with these people more' attitude. Not quite sure how to explain what I mean - nostalgia?

One last thing (yes, that makes 3 things) my friend used to post images and songs intended for the guy she was having an affair with and he would LIKE them. Lame, i know. Anyone check her photos for LIKES?

That whole thing has been bugging me too. He says she texted him saying she wished she could be there...ok, why didn't she go then? She does not work until noon the next day.
And why would he go burn her papers if she said she wanted to be there? Why not wait a day and let her be there?

And his answer is ridiculous. " Ok, you can be here when I burn my papers." WTH? That makes no sense.

And like you said, when did he get the 'bank stuff' from her? Why would she give it to him that night and then whine about wanting to be there?

I know I keep pushing this, but if 'burning papers' is their group's metaphor for smoking pot, it makes perfect sense. If they were actually burning real bank documents and not getting high I will find a hat to eat. If she had to work the next day, she probably wouldn't want to smoke pot. Who cares about 'being there' for burning actual documents?

edit to add: He was probably trying to cover his crap in advance in case the texts were released. He seems to do damage control BEFORE he even needs to a lot of the time.

It was probably his story to LE... and he has to keep that story unless he wants to admit that he is a stoner. And if he wants LE off his back, he'll lie and say he was burning papers instead of partaking in illegal activity. Why would he tell LE one thing and then NG and the media something completely different? They're going to ask about the texts, and if LE would happen to release that info... I dunno. I think he was explaining away just in case.

He's not proven to be smart... but I'm about 99.9% sure he's a stoner and no papers were ever burned.

2 things:

One last thing (yes, that makes 3 things) my friend used to post images and songs intended for the guy she was having an affair with and he would LIKE them. Lame, i know. Anyone check her photos for LIKES?

It's funny you mention this--- my boyfriend and I didn't want our relationship on FB but he I would post videos for him and he'd like everything I posted. Then a woman he was friends with asked to be my friend --- and I see he's liking everything on her page too. He's not my boyfriend anymore.:sick:

But why? Why would someone even think to take the photo of a photo first, then to be all tricky with it?

Especially not JC! The theory is absolutely wonderful and shows great thinking (and lots of work) by Dime Detective, but I think it gives JC more credit than he deserves for being able to think on his feet. He's way too mellow! If he did do something to Katelyn, I think it would have been in the heat of an argument or with lots of anger--in my opinion he could never have conceived of a plan as convoluted as the picture taking theory presented here. Maybe faking texts back and forth, that's possible. JMO, of course....

I have been gone a few days and I haven't yet caught back up. but wanted to share with you all what I know about polygraphs.

My dad has been an arson investigation for 40 years, and is certified to give them. The machines themselves cost $10,000 and that was 10 years ago. He had to have an 8 weeks course out in California to qualify. In my opinion, they do have a purpose, 1. How the subject reacts about giving one, and if they think they are so smart they can beat them. 2. If they do give one, and I am talking specifically about arson cases. He has cracked dozens of them that we were surprised about.

Having said that, I would absolutely would never take one myself. Not, because of any guilt, but because they are not reliable.

Hope this helps.

DimeDetective, this absolutely fascinating!

I have a friend here with me who is a bit techy and whatnot (though it wouldn't be hard to be techier than me), so I had him look at the pics. He questioned whether 1) JC's phone has a flash at all, and 2) whether JC's phone would reflect light in manner shown in the pic, since it seems to have a "skin" on it made of rubber, instead of a smooth glossy finish.

Then, it occurred to me that even if JC did take this infamous "last text" photo with his own phone, he'd still have to send it from her phone to his. Otherwise the phone records wouldn't match his statements.

If he was trying to make it look like she sent him the photo, and her phone was in his possession under his control, why wouldn't he just use hers to take the photo? If he took the photo with his own phone, he'd have to first get it onto her phone by whatever means, then text it to himself from hers. And I can't think why he would do that.

I don't think he is that smart, I really don't. Half of his suspicious behavior imo is that he doesn't think before he speaks, instead he is a lazy speaker..if a word comes out wrong or a day wrong he just figures everyone knows what he means.

Including the talk stops..more like someone who just doesn't bother to correct themself.

Thinking of whose phone to send a pic with etc. just doesn't add up to JC for me

Also...IF someone just killed someone (accidentally or otherwise) what a GREAT cover story to be with friends who can all claim you were not acting weird in anyway because you were so stoned you couldn't help but be mellow and relaxed...And say you were all stoned and you slipped and said something, most people would either be too high to catch it or not remember it..

However, I don't know much about pot (think I shall ask my little brother if I see him today) so maybe the "pot makes you paranoid" thing would just freak him out after all that, maybe it would loosen his lips enough to spill the beans (what if they weren't that high.) If I was drunk and I just did something bad, I would totally talk myself into blabbing. At least hypothetically at first...I have no restraint once drunk LOL. But maybe I would if I drank all the time/habitually. Maybe he wasn't as high as everyone else, just enough to relax, not enough to freak out....why have I never smoked pot to answer these kinds of questions lol.

I don't think he is that smart, I really don't. Half of his suspicious behavior imo is that he doesn't think before he speaks, instead he is a lazy speaker..if a word comes out wrong or a day wrong he just figures everyone knows what he means.

Including the talk stops..more like someone who just doesn't bother to correct themself.

Thinking of whose phone to send a pic with etc. just doesn't add up to JC for me

I agree. I once knew a guy who was a chronic stoner. And this was typical of him. We all accepted it of him, because that was just S. But suspected it was his chronic pot use causing brain damage.

Judging from the guy I knew he wouldn't have been able to make a plan without being high, his brain just wasn't used to being sober. And making plans while high of course they don't always make sense to others, and usually are easily seen through.

I agree. I once knew a guy who was a chronic stoner. And this was typical of him. We all accepted it of him, because that was just S. But suspected it was his chronic pot use causing brain damage.

Judging from the guy I knew he wouldn't have been able to make a plan without being high, his brain just wasn't used to being sober. And making plans while high of course they don't always make sense to others, and usually are easily seen through.

exactly. One of the dangers about following a lot of cases is that we sometimes think to hard about some comments or behaviors or put more possible smarts on a poi than they have because we have seen others do smart things. This guy couldn't plan his way out of a wet paper bag.

Doesn't mean that he didn't kill her, it doesn't take smarts to dump a body in water but I am not convinced or at least his comments and behavior don't make me think he is more likely than anyone else...except he is the last known but thats it.

P.s. there i am being lazy.. last known to have seen her.

I am telling you, and like TyeDyeJedi and a couple others have said...

No documents were ever burned. Burning documents was code for smoking pot. It was raining that night so of course he wasn't burning "documents". If he was there, my guess is they smoked a few fatties and ate some Papa John's Pizza, since as an employee I'm sure he got a discount.

I mean, that's all we used to do when my friends and I got high.

bolded by me.

Is that a regional expression or code, or is it widely used? I'm definitely out of the loop on pot smoking, LOL, but never have heard that one! It sure would explain one big mystery in this case.

Burning isn't regional, but I have never heard burning documents=pot smoking. Burning paper, burning papers, and burning one yes. So, those aren't really that different from burning documents so maybe that is a regional difference?

I wonder if they can tell if documents were actually burned. Real documents. I know when we have burned stuff there would be fresh ashes for a few days or even a charred piece of something left over.

Does anyone else wonder why dad had to move out so soon? I mean, couldn't he have waited another couple of months when Katelyn would be moving to Colorado? I'm guessing the dad moving out would've made it difficult for Katelyn to pay her own rent and that's why she was going to move in with JC's mom. Just wondering why the dad was so rushed to move out. It's not like he couldn't stay with his gf and continue to help Katelyn out for another 2 months or so. Very strange, imo.

My assumption would be perhaps the parents (JCs) were letting them stay "rent free" and then she could save up whatever money she was chipping in at the townhouse. I'm thinking the Dad didn't pay for it all.

bolded by me.

Is that a regional expression or code, or is it widely used? I'm definitely out of the loop on pot smoking, LOL, but never have heard that one! It sure would explain one big mystery in this case.

This is like the game of telephone!! haha

Burning papers is the slang term for smoking pot. This may have been what was in the texts and led to him saying he was burning some "documents" for her

To me, burning papers or records is far more incriminating than smoking weed.

But why? Why would someone even think to take the photo of a photo first, then to be all tricky with it?

And WHY would she have not shown him that night when he was there!?!?
When the story first came out, I thought perhaps she had sent him one of her art pieces that perhaps she had just finished in his absence.......

Burning isn't regional, but I have never heard burning documents=pot smoking. Burning paper, burning papers, and burning one yes. So, those aren't really that different from burning documents so maybe that is a regional difference?

I wonder if they can tell if documents were actually burned. Real documents. I know when we have burned stuff there would be fresh ashes for a few days or even a charred piece of something left over.

bolded by me.

Thanks for your input on burning vs. burning documents.

I've been wondering since day one if LE checked the site of the alleged document burning--if there is one.

I don't like the sound of her fiance,he sounds too comfortable for me.He says one thing, but acts another way.I noticed in this video,he was wearing a band on the wedding finger.Maybe his way of making it known the marriage was going to happen.I wonder if he was possessive and jealous of her."She had friends in college he didn't know."Also on her Facebook,it states her anniversary is September 5, 2005 which I assume this was when they met and that is a long time.There is a lot not being said here.

http://www.wlwt.com/video/28919234/detail.html

http://www.facebook.com/people/Katelyn-Markham/661405950

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members