OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if my pics are as good as Kitster's but does this help any?
creepyjc-2.jpg

Disclaimer: Photo for illustrative purposes only.

This is the only one where I've actually seen the face. lol.

I guess looking at the face in the flash is reminding me too much of finding little Caylee's fetal outline in the car trunk stain.I can 'see' it, but is it real and or meaningful?

This is starting to remind me of seeing Lauren in the back of the truck (something I never saw) as well as Kyron's photo and the photo of Caylee with her arm on the door...I never see what most people see in these photos...

This is the only one where I've actually seen the face. lol.

OK. My guess is that this is a reflection of her bedroom window....the curtains with the sign in the window and a doll below the window. Looks like boxes or speaker or "stuff" on the floor below the window.

Above the earring looks like a face of an older man. Not JC, imho

:cow:

HELP I NEED A MOD.........THEY'RE GOING TO BEAT ME UP!........

The faces that we are seeing, I have seen them before. A few in my daughters ultra sound pic. Freaked me out at first. Not sure if that helps at all.

I guess looking at the face in the flash is reminding me too much of finding little Caylee's fetal outline in the car trunk stain.I can 'see' it, but is it real and or meaningful?

And I guess this is the big question I have, too. I am 99% sure I see a face (that in my opinion is strikingly similar to JC).

Even assuming this actually IS the "text message" and assuming this IS a picture of JC (two huge assumptions, obviously), what would that mean?

I am not saying it is meaningless, information is information, but what exactly would it tell us.

1) is it a picture on a cell phone screen saver? If so this would give us clues about the type of phone used to take the picture, seems like most camera phones the camera lens is on the other side of the cell phone screen. Also, if a cell phone screen saver and it proves to be the image Katelyn had on her screen, the fact that there is a flash glare in the photo further suggests she did not take the photo (being an artist, etc)

2) If it is not a screen saver pic of a cell phone (or there is consensus that there are no cell phones that have screens that are in the same plane as the camera lens) could a reflection really be so small? Is it a double reflection of sorts (beneath the small face reflection I somewhat make out the hairline and shoulders of the photographer...if for example, the photographer was wearing glasses could there be some strange bounce off reflection (yes, I realize that is a stretch, but reflections are weird and I am going off the opinion that I am near positive I see the top, small face image.

3) Is it possible to compare the distance of the facial parts to a picture of possible POIs to rule them out as suspects or possibly ID a stranger who may have abducted her (etc, something along the theme of establishing this is or isn't a particular POI).

just some ideas/ questions I have...not trying to grasp at straws, I am just trying to rationalize that Face in the pic because I am nearly sure I see it.

Finally, this is a VERY weird question, but I was curious, those of you who can see it, are you left handed? Very silly question, I know, but I ask because of brain function that is possibly associated with left brain relating to detail vs big picture and spatial visualization (noting that left handedness isnt necessarily associated with any specific brain function, it is my own side curiousity..I am left handed and see it clear as a bell, my hubby is right handed sorta sees it, several right handed friends sorta kinda see it, one leftie friend strongly sees it....just wondered if there was any relationship (sorry, the scientist in me had to ask, lol)

And I guess this is the big question I have, too. I am 99% sure I see a face (that in my opinion is strikingly similar to JC).

Even assuming this actually IS the "text message" and assuming this IS a picture of JC (two huge assumptions, obviously), what would that mean?

I am not saying it is meaningless, information is information, but what exactly would it tell us.

1) is it a picture on a cell phone screen saver? If so this would give us clues about the type of phone used to take the picture, seems like most camera phones the camera lens is on the other side of the cell phone screen. Also, if a cell phone screen saver and it proves to be the image Katelyn had on her screen, the fact that there is a flash glare in the photo further suggests she did not take the photo (being an artist, etc)

2) If it is not a screen saver pic of a cell phone (or there is consensus that there are no cell phones that have screens that are in the same plane as the camera lens) could a reflection really be so small? Is it a double reflection of sorts (beneath the small face reflection I somewhat make out the hairline and shoulders of the photographer...if for example, the photographer was wearing glasses could there be some strange bounce off reflection (yes, I realize that is a stretch, but reflections are weird and I am going off the opinion that I am near positive I see the top, small face image.

3) Is it possible to compare the distance of the facial parts to a picture of possible POIs to rule them out as suspects or possibly ID a stranger who may have abducted her (etc, something along the theme of establishing this is or isn't a particular POI).

just some ideas/ questions I have...not trying to grasp at straws, I am just trying to rationalize that Face in the pic because I am nearly sure I see it.

Finally, this is a VERY weird question, but I was curious, those of you who can see it, are you left handed? Very silly question, I know, but I ask because of brain function that is possibly associated with left brain relating to detail vs big picture and spatial visualization (noting that left handedness isnt necessarily associated with any specific brain function, it is my own side curiousity..I am left handed and see it clear as a bell, my hubby is right handed sorta sees it, several right handed friends sorta kinda see it, one leftie friend strongly sees it....just wondered if there was any relationship (sorry, the scientist in me had to ask, lol)

nope, i'm a righty and i see them clear as day! my mom is too. :)

(respectfully snipped by me)

A righty here, weighing in for scientific purposes :smile:, and I just don't see it very strongly. In fact, the most interesting part of the photo to me was the spot below the flash. After photoshopping it I realized it is a button on the shoulder of her jacket. So I'm officially out of ideas. I hope some of you right-brained folks can keep providing insight!

Lurker here, not a poster, but I'm wondering if these *are* faces, could they be somehow reflected from her earring?

Kitster, I'm right handed and can clearly see it....but I had to stare at the picture for about half an hour before I could, if that tells you anything. :p

Anyway, one thing that's bothering me is, and its based off of the comparison photo that A_N_J posted.

The reflection face that Kitster brought up and the unkept picture of JC look disturbingly alike....a little too alike.

In the news and recent photos, JC has a well kept goatee.

Maybe I'm missing something, but the reflection face looks to me as if it has a full beard, as does the unkept photo of JC.

By that logic, I'm staying :fence: and keeping both photoshop and the possibility that JC is innocent in the back of my head.

PS- has anyone seen the "John Carter Is Guilty" FB page? Lynch mob if I ever saw one....

I can't see it being a screen saver from the device taking it, because every device I have ever used, the screen saver or background pic is not displayed in camera mode.

:seeya: Right handed and VERY Visual Spacial !!!!!!!!!!

I actually agree w. you, sphere, the pictures look so similar I was floored, but agree that there could be more to this (the person who did this trying to frame him, etc.)

Note, I am on the fence re: guilt of JC and am looking at the pics from what I think is a pretty unbiased POV, I am leaning towards guilt but not convinced at all.

Also, the unkempt pic of JC is from the JC is guilty FB page which I visited only for informational purpose not because I agree (again, I am on the fence, interested in evidence as data and analysis of the data to come to a conclusion) but when I saw that photo, WOW, actually that photo makes me almost positive that the face I see is JC....but That obviously doesn't mean he definitely took the pic, there are certainly other considerations.

But another thing I was thinking about this picture: it was posted Aug.16, I think this was long before lynch mob mentality hit, it is also nearly identical to the NG picture minus the blur from the TV screen, so in my mind this makes it less likely someone intentionally manipulated the picture.

Note, I definitely did not photoshop anything, and again, anyone could download the pic from FB and do the same contrast changes to see this (not that you in anyway suggested I did photoshop, I just wanted to be clear to anyone reading this, they could acheive the same result from the "original" photo on FB.

(respectfully snipped by me)

A righty here, weighing in for scientific purposes :smile:, and I just don't see it very strongly. In fact, the most interesting part of the photo to me was the spot below the flash. After photoshopping it I realized it is a button on the shoulder of her jacket. So I'm officially out of ideas. I hope some of you right-brained folks can keep providing insight!

Please share your photoshop!!!!!!!!! Button intrigues me, but for me - no matter what I do to the pic, I still get a bright pin-point light (see my pink arrow) so under your theory of a button, was there a shine glare on the original?
Seems to me that if on the original pic the glare (shine) would have been more wide u following circumference of button bottom only with no pinpoint spot. KWIM?

blowupfromthemissingpage-1.jpg

Now, just cause I see things -- you guys still love (and with luck respect) me right? :waitasec:

Kitster, I'm right handed and can clearly see it....but I had to stare at the picture for about half an hour before I could, if that tells you anything. :p

Anyway, one thing that's bothering me is, and its based off of the comparison photo that A_N_J posted.

The reflection face that Kitster brought up and the unkept picture of JC look disturbingly alike....a little too alike.

In the news and recent photos, JC has a well kept goatee.

Maybe I'm missing something, but the reflection face looks to me as if it has a full beard, as does the unkept photo of JC.

By that logic, I'm staying :fence: and keeping both photoshop and the possibility that JC is innocent in the back of my head.

PS- has anyone seen the "John Carter Is Guilty" FB page? Lynch mob if I ever saw one....

Exactly why I want to know when he got his last trims!!!!!!!

Saw that page - last I looked it was quiet, will go have a peek!

I can't see it being a screen saver from the device taking it, because every device I have ever used, the screen saver or background pic is not displayed in camera mode.

:seeya: Right handed and VERY Visual Spacial !!!!!!!!!!

Thank You. I just took a picture with my Blackberry to confirm. But the exaxct second that I press the Camera button the screensaver goes poof. It is gone.

I actually agree w. you, sphere, the pictures look so similar I was floored, but agree that there could be more to this (the person who did this trying to frame him, etc.)

Note, I am on the fence re: guilt of JC and am looking at the pics from what I think is a pretty unbiased POV, I am leaning towards guilt but not convinced at all.

Also, the unkempt pic of JC is from the JC is guilty FB page which I visited only for informational purpose not because I agree (again, I am on the fence, interested in evidence as data and analysis of the data to come to a conclusion) but when I saw that photo, WOW, actually that photo makes me almost positive that the face I see is JC....but That obviously doesn't mean he definitely took the pic, there are certainly other considerations.

But another thing I was thinking about this picture: it was posted Aug.16, I think this was long before lynch mob mentality hit, it is also nearly identical to the NG picture minus the blur from the TV screen, so in my mind this makes it less likely someone intentionally manipulated the picture.

Note, I definitely did not photoshop anything, and again, anyone could download the pic from FB and do the same contrast changes to see this (not that you in anyway suggested I did photoshop, I just wanted to be clear to anyone reading this, they could acheive the same result from the "original" photo on FB.

There is a JC is guilty Page?

LOL
So, question: The left, the right or in the middle?

lol in the middle (as in not the photos of JC you added.)

I am left-handed and seriously did not know what you all were talking about for the longest time. Even with all the circles and arrows. I just though, wow, that's really stretching it.

I still don't think it's an actual face, but I can see what you guys are talking about now and it does look like JC with full beard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member