OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ChasingHalo's I can't find your post where you asked for someone to let you know when this discussion is back on topic, but I want to apologize if I did something wrong posting the link to the message from TES. The message was made in reference to this case and Katelyn's name was used twice in it, so I thought it was within the topic.

I am going to now put myself in 48 hour timeout, since I have obviously communicated poorly today.

On topic - I sure hope Katelyn is found and safe and sound would be best!

With TES not searching anymore for the time being, and LE saying nothing at all, I really feel as though this case is just plain stuck. If indeed pings are not of much help, i.e if they are too local to her home and JC's for example and nothing unusual or out of the immediate area, how on earth to know where to search next, once the town has been searched from end to end? Someone mentioned Morgan H. here I think...and it may be that she (Katelyn) is found by accident sometime far into the future, if ever. It is mind boggling how few people seem to be found anymore...the only ones I can remember who have been found on a case I have followed from the start are Phylicia Barnes and Celina Cass. Both Hailey and Haleigh, Kyron, Lauren, Holly, and many others...just gone.

ChasingHalo's I can't find your post where you asked for someone to let you know when this discussion is back on topic, but I want to apologize if I did something wrong posting the link to the message from TES. The message was made in reference to this case and Katelyn's name was used twice in it, so I thought it was within the topic.

I am going to now put myself in 48 hour timeout, since I have obviously communicated poorly today.

I mostly lurk on this thread, and elsewhere for that matter. But I would just like to say, you have not communicated poorly. I have followed you 100%, and I agree with your posts.

We all need a breather now and then. But please don't sell yourself short.

I think TES, sadly, is misguided. Not that what I think makes any difference. As a lawyer, I have a basic premise about information: it's always good, always worth working for, always valuable. The task of sorting it out is a task that requires skills. But getting it in the first place is a prerequisite to that.

I am still eternally hopeful (and maybe sometimes a bit naive) that LE has it mostly figured out and is just waiting to put some pieces together before finding her and arresting someone if arresting is needed. The timeline is definitely messed up if neighbors are reporting differences with the cars. Not sure how LE would proceed if they have caught JC in some sort of timeline lie, but that is all the evidence they have.

I mostly lurk on this thread, and elsewhere for that matter. But I would just like to say, you have not communicated poorly. I have followed you 100%, and I agree with your posts.

We all need a breather now and then. But please don't sell yourself short.

I think TES, sadly, is misguided. Not that what I think makes any difference. As a lawyer, I have a basic premise about information: it's always good, always worth working for, always valuable. The task of sorting it out is a task that requires skills. But getting it in the first place is a prerequisite to that.

BBM

Amen to that!!!

I am still eternally hopeful (and maybe sometimes a bit naive) that LE has it mostly figured out and is just waiting to put some pieces together before finding her and arresting someone if arresting is needed. The timeline is definitely messed up if neighbors are reporting differences with the cars. Not sure how LE would proceed if they have caught JC in some sort of timeline lie, but that is all the evidence they have.

Lucky you...:(
I have become so cynical...I never expect anyone to be found anymore, much as I wish and hope for it to happen...and I am coming to not expect much from LE as far as missing persons cases go. I just don't think there is a clear way to handle them and they so often get muddled from the start. I also mostly disagree with the highly secretive way most are handled by LE, especially as more and more time passes. How can LE generate leads when they seem to catagorically refuse to release even the most basic info, at times, that may trigger something from the public?

Lucky you...:(
I have become so cynical...I never expect anyone to be found anymore, much as I wish and hope for it to happen...and I am coming to not expect much from LE as far as missing persons cases go. I just don't think there is a clear way to handle them and they so often get muddled from the start. I also mostly disagree with the highly secretive way most are handled by LE, especially as more and more time passes. How can LE generate leads when they seem to catagorically refuse to release even the most basic info, at times, that may trigger something from the public?

BBM

Reading your words triggered my memory about the massive manhunt for Martin Luther King's killer, who turned out to be James Earl Ray, in a book I read recently, Hellhound on His Trail by Hampton Sides.

The American public was brought into this ultimately successful manhunt by LE's sharing what little information they had and their asking for more--in any form from anyone.

I owe my life to successful domestic violence intervention by LE in the small town in northern New England where I was living at the time, and so I am not inclined to criticize any efforts made by LE at any level; on the other hand, I am currently following on WS the boards on Maura Murray, the Jamison family, Gail Nowacki Palmgren, Lauren Spierer, Celina Cass, and Katelyn Markham--all of which may yield helpful information if LE would open up just a little bit.

Thank you for an inspiring post.

I think if his car was seen after midnight, that's important because it may conflict with his alibi and cast doubt on folks providing that alibi. I say 'may' because we don't know who is who on the internet ;) If his car was seen as late as all of the texting going on, that is very important, clearly.

If his car wasn't there early, I wonder about their routines. Since they lived so close, he might have walked over frequently. Maybe (speculation, obviously) he brought the car back to deal with transport of a body.

I'm not at all interested in painting the boyfriend as guilty for any reason other than that's where my speculation has been leading. Everyone should know that we won't know anything one way or the other; we're nobody, frankly. However, if it causes someone local to remember something to tell the police, that could help immensely.

I certainly hope everyone with real connections to the case are being open and honest with law enforcement. That seems like the key thing to emphasize to me.

Not sure if this is allowed, but...

What is the link to the facebook page mentioned in the article? Not the one that starts with Missing!

Back to Katelyn. The latest rumor on FB is that a neighbor told the admin they never saw JM's car at her townhouse that evening. At least not until midnight.

If this were the case, what would you speculate happened?

For me, if this were true, it really makes me wonder if Katelyn ever came back home after the fair.

I don't believe this was a rumor, I believe the admin was making a hypothetical situation. The thread went so wacko and in every different direction, you could hardly tell what the opening post was originally about.

Has it ever been mentioned if LE has utilized HRD dogs at the landfill(s) where dumpsters were emptied soon after the Sacred Hearts festival and/or from local restaurants/businesses??
IMHO they may be overlookng a crucial search spot(s) Thinking of it keeps bothering me.

I don't believe this was a rumor, I believe the admin was making a hypothetical situation. The thread went so wacko and in every different direction, you could hardly tell what the opening post was originally about.

I think you are right. The original post was changed because at first it said that a neighbor stated the deal about his car not being seen but then it was changed within 30 seconds to sound hypothetical. I am just going to totally disregard the statement now. :( So sad that this case is going cold.

Oh my gosh no no no that is so not what I was meaning! I deleted that post of mine re: getting off topic because I knew it might be misconstrued. I am so sorry. Talk about being a poor communicator! Totally all me. I really am sorry. You are one of my favorite posters and I really enjoy talking with you.

<3

Has it ever been mentioned if LE has utilized HRD dogs at the landfill(s) where dumpsters were emptied soon after the Sacred Hearts festival and/or from local restaurants/businesses??
IMHO they may be overlookng a crucial search spot(s) Thinking of it keeps bothering me.

The dumpsters were brought up but as far a we know they were not searched and neither was the lanfill. I don't understand why they were overlooked, if in fact they were.

I would love to know what was said or what provoked him to say this.

I can tell you a little bit about that. I know that at least one of John's family members has complained to TM about the FB page. She posted this as well as said that John is going to sue everyone that has made accusations against him. This is not hearsay. She said she was making screen shots of everyone that has accused John of doing something to Katelyn.

I can tell you a little bit about that. I know that at least one of John's family members has complained to TM about the FB page. She posted this as well as said that John is going to sue everyone that has made accusations against him. This is not hearsay. She said she was making screen shots of everyone that has accused John of doing something to Katelyn.

But what does this have to do with TM, or searching for Katelyn...I just don't know. Is he being a mouthpiece for the family, and if so, why? That has never really been his role, as far as I know. It seems LE should be the ones to speak up if the investigation is truly being affected.

But what does this have to do with TM, or searching for Katelyn...I just don't know. Is he being a mouthpiece for the family, and if so, why? That has never really been his role, as far as I know. It seems LE should be the ones to speak up if the investigation is truly being affected.

Agree. All this time and energy could be better used if it's re-directed back to finding Katelyn instead of finger pointing - imho. Taking screenshots isn't helping bring Katelyn back. Just how I feel about it...no offense meant in post.

I can tell you it turned a lot of people off when they read it. I think there were numerous members of John's family and friends complaining about it to TM. I can only say for certain about the one though because she said she did.

I'm not sure why he thinks it's his place exactly to speak for law enforcement and say that it's hindering their investigation. That's not his place to say that.

I can tell you it turned a lot of people off when they read it. I think there were numerous members of John's family and friends complaining about it to TM. I can only say for certain about the one though because she said she did.

I'm not sure why he thinks it's his place exactly to speak for law enforcement and say that it's hindering their investigation. That's not his place to say that.

If that is what happened and he is there for the search and the search only he should have told her the same thing. If it is creating a problem having John's family on the search than they should be sent home. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove