OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was posted early morning on the missing page, then posted on the consider everything page (removed I think) as a copy of what was posted (and removed) on the missing page. Then a person came on the considering everything page saying someone she knows in the local police dept told her about this ping information. Then later acted like she had no idea it was not to be released. Talked of the searches and being treated rudely. ((My hunch was maybe this was to distract attention from true area of interest.......maybe???))

I copied the posts and would provide them to LE if I felt they wanted them, but I am sure they can get the info.

I hope that isn't true that someone in LE is leaking information to their friends. If so that could be really bad news for someone. Could cost someone their job.

Pynkfish,

No, just a hunch. Wish I DID have inside information!

But why no press conferences? Does anyone else think it's strange that there have been none at all?

There were multiple PC's in the Morgan Harrington, Lauren Speirer cases just to name a few...relatives appear on camera pleading with the person who is responsible for the disappearance to please release their loved one....the police take questions, etc.

????????

I really wish every LE treated these cases as LE did in little Kienan's case. Pressers, info (none that harmed the case but got the public involved and helped people understand) were all part of an intense search that continued and took hundreds of LE and volunteers.

It was posted early morning on the missing page, then posted on the consider everything page (removed I think) as a copy of what was posted (and removed) on the missing page. Then a person came on the considering everything page saying someone she knows in the local police dept told her about this ping information. Then later acted like she had no idea it was not to be released. Talked of the searches and being treated rudely. ((My hunch was maybe this was to distract attention from true area of interest.......maybe???))

I copied the posts and would provide them to LE if I felt they wanted them, but I am sure they can get the info.

It's impossible to keep a search area secret once the search has started. People do live in these areas. They do notice when a group of people with ATV's, horses, and dogs show up and start walking through their neighborhoods. They would have no idea that what they are seeing is not to be talked about. The area she was talking about is not in the Fairfield Police jurisdiction. It's even in a different township. Same county (Butler) but a different township. Local police could be the township police, or the county sheriff personel. Her informent may have overheard the 'ping' information and passed it on to her when asked 'why are they looking here?' Not knowing it's a big secret. Absolutely no information has been released to the public, so far. It is a madly frustrating case for local citizens to deal with. ANY tiny bit of information is jumped on immediately. I find it quite understandable.

It's impossible to keep a search area secret once the search has started. People do live in these areas. They do notice when a group of people with ATV's, horses, and dogs show up and start walking through their neighborhoods. They would have no idea that what they are seeing is not to be talked about. The area she was talking about is not in the Fairfield Police jurisdiction. It's even in a different township. Same county (Butler) but a different township. Local police could be the township police, or the county sheriff personel. Her informent may have overheard the 'ping' information and passed it on to her when asked 'why are they looking here?' Not knowing it's a big secret. Absolutely no information has been released to the public, so far. It is a madly frustrating case for local citizens to deal with. ANY tiny bit of information is jumped on immediately. I find it quite understandable.

True enough, but this is not information, it is a rumor on a FB page at this point.

True enough, but this is not information, it is a rumor on a FB page at this point.

Everything is rumor. All we know for certain is that she and her cell phone are missing. We don't even know what she was wearing when last seen. According to her boy friend, she was heading to bed. Were the clothes she was last seen wearing found at her apt? We don't know, we know nothing! Everything is speculation/rumor. It makes it very difficult. It's been a month, and we still haven't been told anything by the police dept. They may have their reasons (I'm sure they do), but it doesn't help the folks out there trying to find her. This makes rumors fly!

First, of course this was all just rumor posted on FB.
If her 'informant' overheard ping info and does indeed work for LE then he/she sure should have known that FFPD have repeatedly said they are not releasing that info.
If her 'informant' can not say, "It would be inappropriate for me to discuss or speculated on why they are searching here" then IMHO, that person doesn't belong in LE.
IMHO, it has been made clear on local and national tv that LE didn't want the information released and for days on the pages the poster 'spilled the supposed beans' (note, my apprehension the info is even accurate and not bait to try to divert focus) it was discussed as was the TES statement. The poster made a point of wanting to tell how "rude" the searchers were. To me (IE: MY OPINION ONLY) the poster had an agenda.

I was personally hurt that TES issued a statement banning all posters from being volunteers or members (especially if the purported email posted was in fact legitimate) this is probably exactly the type of irresponsible posting that caused that blanket statement to be issued. So these quick finger, in the know, hey look at me -- I have scoop statements have hurt:
people whom want and are willing to put feet on the ground and search without bias
Search organizations and LE (too many ways to even type)
Local search groups (community member led)
but most of all
KATELYN and the truth.

All JMHO

I will never understand what kind of a thrill a person gets for either giving out or making up info and putting it out on Facebook...I wonder if there is a psychological term for it...

I will never understand what kind of a thrill a person gets for either giving out or making up info and putting it out on Facebook...I wonder if there is a psychological term for it...

:waitasec: SMNAAD ........... Social Media Narcissistic Animated Avatar Disorder :waitasec: ? LOL

Anybody know anyone with a cadaver dog in the area? You think we could urge them to take a walk by John's car? :D :D :D

Oh, I wish we knew more. Did they take dogs to Katelyn's condo or John's place (or car)?

OK, if it were JC, he'd have been driving around in his car (or a car) late at night to dispose of the body, correct?

Maybe landowners and farmers and things should be urged to remember if they saw any cars pull in late at night that night. Or someone pulled off the side of the road near woods or abandoned areas. They don't have to have seen anything suspicious to have seen the car used in this crime, imho.

Almino, This Seamus O'Riley site is super educational! If you go to his page and search for KM or JC, you'll see that he has some great feedback regarding the statements JC's made. I definitely get the feeling he (JC) knows/suspects on some level what happened to her, whatever that means.

Now that I haven't heard the audio of the TV/radio interviews with JC in a long time, it's interesting to come back to these transcripts, without his voice/tone in my head. Reading this bit from an interview with NG, something new is jumping out to me. When I read this now, it could be that he was burning this stuff out of anger/punishment... BBM the statements that really jump out as potentially aggressive statements. Bold and Italics by me the statements that jumps out as straight out creepy.

CARTER: Well, to be honest, she had some legal documents, like bills, and like her school schedule, things like that. And she wanted me to dispose of them. And the series of text messages that she sent to me -- I had sent her after I had gotten rid of them. I just said, I got rid of them. They're all gone. And she wanted me to burn them. So it`s, like, I burnt the message -- or I burnt your documents. And she was, like, Oh, I kind of wanted to be there. And I was, like, Well, I have documents I need to burn, so you can be there when I burn mine. And then she just wrote back a message saying, like, Oh, OK. And then she sent me the picture message, and then that was it.

Whem JC got that beautiful pic of Katelyn, what response had he texted to her? I am sure she would of been interested in his response so WHAT WAS IT?

Hi all- I've been away on business for the past 9 days. I was so hoping there would have been some developments in this case while I was gone and that Katelyn would have been found. I could not access FB while I was gone (oh the horrors!) but I was able to pop in here from time to time so thanks for posting and keeping me up to date.

Does anyone know if the so called area of pings was searched ?

It depends upon whether or not you believe the FB rumors...the one who claims to have the info about the ping is also claiming to have been on 3 searches in that very area...

Would the police keep the "pings area" secret and search that area themselves while other searchers search elsewhere? That seems weird.

OK, I didnt pay attention to the details when ES was there. Did ES search an area 15-20 miles away from the scene? If so, they would have had to have a reason. They dont just pick areas to search willy nilly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MB1985