OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Katelyn somehow died during all that mushroom stuff, would JC and friend(s) think it was smarter to take her body there than call for help?
Probably. Jail might have seemed worse than disposing of Katelyn.

IMO, and hypothetically speaking. I am on the fence about whodunit, but the fence leans a bit.

Wow, I am stunned. Katelyn is one of my "pet" cases and I had her thread bookmarked so I could glance at it every so often. Less and less, I shamefully admit, as it seemed to have grown cold almost from the moment it started.

Rest in peace, Katelyn. Time for your justice.

If Katelyn somehow died during all that mushroom stuff, would JC and friend(s) think it was smarter to take her body there than call for help?
Probably. Jail might have seemed worse than disposing of Katelyn.

IMO, and hypothetically speaking. I am on the fence about whodunit, but the fence leans a bit.

If JC didnt kill her I think this is what happened. I sure dont believe anyone else did.

How would a random serial have gotten a hold of her ? Wasn't she home and in her apt. all alone?

Yes, and if one had, she would have been found in her apartment.
Exactly. Not many serial killers go to the trouble of disposing of their victims at another site. Certainly not 20+ miles away.

Yes, and if one had, she would have been found in her apartment.

I was thinking the same thing. If a serial killer came in, wouldn't there be signs of foul play at the condo or something - any kind of clue that someone else was there?

I was thinking the same thing. If a serial killer came in, wouldn't there be signs of foul play at the condo or something - any kind of clue that someone else was there?

Yes, I agree, and I have been thinking about the dog being in the bedroom

It would explain any signs of a struggle, saying "the dog did it" and
if there was a wet spot on the carpet where someone cleaned up something
the police may find interesting, they could just say "the dog had a boo boo
and I had to clean the carpet"

But on the textes back and forth, I'm thinking 2 people involved

I'm thinking, as someone said maybe an overdose and "they" panicked, and snowballed

I don't believe Katelynn died at the hands of a SK, but killers do sometimes abduct women from their homes. Derek Todd Lee is one who immediately comes to mind. Several of his victims were abducted from their homes with no signs of foul play left behind. Israel Keyes abducted the Curriers from their home and drove them to a farmhouse to torture and kill them. Denise Lee was a young mother in Florida when Michael King kidnapped her from her home. Her husband returned from work to find her missing, and their two little children left alone. So it does happen. Doesn't seem likely to be the case here, though.

I feel so bad for Katelyn and her family. She was so young, whole life ahead of her, entering adulthood, about to do something with her life. (graduate, career, etc.) I bet if she hadn't been violently taken, she would have wised the heck up and dumped JC within a couple of years, after she had realized what the rest of the world had to offer.

I didn't know her, but am just so sad she is no longer here. I wish she still was, so that I could learn about her through her art and not some horrible crime. Rest in Peace, Katelyn. Peace be with your family.

There are a few things about JC and his story that are a little hinky, but nothing that rally nails him. Sexual predators have been known to abduct women from their homes; usually not without signs of forced entry, not when the victim owns dog, and not in a multi-family buildings but is has happened.

At 12:45 PM the "photo-of-a-photo" is sent and the the phone is immediately powered off. An abductor didn't do it, her neighbor was awake and heard the "box-like" vehicle enter the driveway and leave a minute or so later at that time. He would have heard something of Katelyn and her abductor.

Did Katelyn turn it off herself? Was there a pattern of her turning it off when she went to sleep? Hopefully LE got phone records and knows the answer (I'm guessing "NO"). If she did, it would mean our abductor snatched the phone while he was abducting her but never powered it up. I don't buy it. If he took the phone he would either use to make free calls, sell it or use it set up some sort of "red herring".

Did Katelyn go somewhere without her keys or purse but with her powered off phone? This would mean she left the door unlocked? Is it reasonable that she would be going long enough, far enough away, to warrant bringing her(powered off) phone, but not to bother locking her door? Just doesn't feel right.

The only situation I could see her taking he phone but not her keys would be if she went with someone who had their own set; her father or JC.

Of all the things JC has said, the thing I am most disinclined to believe is his claim to not being aware whether or not Katelyn's door was locked when he went to check on her. He could/should/would have know if it was't locked.

'

Yes, I agree, and I have been thinking about the dog being in the bedroom

It would explain any signs of a struggle, saying "the dog did it" and
if there was a wet spot on the carpet where someone cleaned up something
the police may find interesting, they could just say "the dog had a boo boo
and I had to clean the carpet"

But on the textes back and forth, I'm thinking 2 people involve

i feel like i read or heard an interview with JC early on where he went out of his way to blame some things in her room being knocked over on the dog being locked in the room. i wish i could find that again. i could be remembering it wrong, but i thought the fact that he brought the dog up so readily and shared that it went to the bathroom in her room was strange, and rather convenient, as well...

as for the texts, i need to consult a time line because my understanding was that the last text sent from "katelyn" and was that weird picture of a picture" and that was the only thing she texted to JC. the rest of the texts were unanswered messages from JC to katelyn turned off phone.

Like several others here, this case was my first on Websleuths.

I'm still adjusting to the news. After checking in on this case regularly over the months while Katelyn was missing and there was little or no movement, this is quite a shock to say the least.

i feel like i read or heard an interview with JC early on where he went out of his way to blame some things in her room being knocked over on the dog being locked in the room. i wish i could find that again. i could be remembering it wrong, but i thought the fact that he brought the dog up so readily and shared that it went to the bathroom in her room was strange, and rather convenient, as well...
You remembered right. The relevant parts are in the first third of this interview, taken 2 days after she was reported missing:

http://kmdce.livejournal.com/1945.html

You remembered right. The relevant parts are in the first third of this interview, taken 2 days after she was reported missing:

http://kmdce.livejournal.com/1945.html

yup that was it! thank you!

it just struck me as odd that he shared about specific things in her room that were out of place because the dog was in there... rereading it, it still seems like a weird thing to focus on. if my fiance is missing i am not going to detail the state of his pencil cup and hats... i am going to repeatedly get his description out there for fellow searchers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid