Identified! OH - Lorain Co., WhtFem UP14913, 16-36, off Rte 58, Mar'16 - Angela Hall

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The closest vs bra I have that looks similar in style has a date of 12/04 on it.

I don't thinks it's a broach, I think it's a buckle (maybe from a belt).

The news article calls it a "metal buckle". So, do they know for sure its a buckle? Wish we could see the back. It seems more to me like part of a hair clip. And if it's a "buckle", is it a decorative buckle like from a shoe or is it for sure a belt buckle?

Also, after looking through probably 1,000 images of press on and "artificial nails" which is the term the article used, the only thing I came close with were some grainy images of Claire's press on nails. If they can locate the origin of these, I think they can narrow the time period because the nail business has really progressed in the past 15 or so years. I'm not prepared to say hers were acrylics because I have never had them and wouldn't know. But it doesn't seem like the artwork on them was very progressed. I originally thought: pre-packaged press ons. Still might be? I don't know. I'm asking the nail experts out there. Hellooooo?

My general impression is that this girl is younger than 20.

Specifically thinking a hair broach. Google images for that term and you will see some similar things.

Also, after looking through probably 1,000 images of press on and "artificial nails" which is the term the article used, the only thing I came close with were some grainy images of Claire's press on nails. If they can locate the origin of these, I think they can narrow the time period because the nailbusiness has really progressed in the past 15 or so years. I'm not prepared to say hers were acrylics because I have never had them and wouldn't know. But it doesn't seem like the artwork on them was very progressed. I originally thought: pre-packaged press ons. Still might be? I don't know. I'm asking the nail experts out there. Hellooooo?

Not a nail expert by any means but I used to get acrylic nails religiously and will have periods of my life where I get them done again and keep it that style for months. Her's look manufactured. When you do acrylic nails they use a powder that bonds to the nail and they also get a coloured powder for the nail tips. The nail artists then spend close to an hour filing down the powder to make it as even as possible, but it really never is. When you have acrylic nails they have uneven thickness and are usually a bit more opaque than the ones found with her. That and the nail art is painted on by humans, and humans make mistakes. There would be more unevenness with the petals of the flowers.

Attached are a couple photos of acrylics, One even has nail art on it.

Attachments

• 2016-05-18 (1).jpg
    2016-05-18 (1).jpg
    56 KB · Views: 28
  • 2016-05-18.jpg
    2016-05-18.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 30
Not a nail expert by any means but I used to get acrylic nails religiously and will have periods of my life where I get them done again and keep it that style for months. Her's look manufactured. When you do acrylic nails they use a powder that bonds to the nail and they also get a coloured powder for the nail tips. The nail artists then spend close to an hour filing down the powder to make it as even as possible, but it really never is. When you have acrylic nails they have uneven thickness and are usually a bit more opaque than the ones found with her. That and the nail art is painted on by humans, and humans make mistakes. There would be more unevenness with the petals of the flowers.

Thank you. I was leaning toward prepackaged press on.

I actually had acrylic nails with the same design maybe late 90's, early 2000's. From an Asian owned nail shop and they airbrushed the design.

Bumping my earlier post. I had similar airbrushed nails late 90's, early 2000 and now that I think about it I could have worn that style shrug a bit earlier.

I actually wore those broaches around 2004-6 and those shrugs were in style around the same time. Anyone missing around that time frame?

I actually had acrylic nails with the same design maybe late 90's, early 2000's. From an Asian owned nail shop and they airbrushed the design.

Can any of you tell from looking at them whether they are acrylic or plastic?

I agree that they are acrylic airbrushed nails. I used to get them all the time and the edges would fade just like that.They use a stencil for the design so they aren't hand painted. Also the nails look too thick to be plastic.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/14913

Names added to ruleouts:

Veronica Blumhorst 1969 Illinois

Tonia Stiles 1976 Michigan

That makes a total of 17.

I also noticed that the buckle or broach or whatever it is isn't listed on the clothing and accessories page.

I did a search for a Jalate sweater and found a result on eBay that looks like the sweater (hope this is okay to link):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ladies-Spring-Dress-w-cover-sweater-Size-N-A-Brand-is-Jalate-Spaghetti-Straps-/122003218221?hash=item1c67f55f2d:g:cTcAAOSwHjNV-EQA

For comparison:

View attachment 96829View attachment 96830

The seller is guessing at the size (I'm thinking the tag is missing), so I'm not sure that the seller would have much information. Maybe there's an RN# on a another tag somewhere. Wonder if it's work inquiring about?

If the attachments aren't showing up in the above post, let's try this again.

ebay_sweater_dress.jpgLorain_janedoe_sweater.png

I still think this JD is Patti Adkins. I don't see where she was ruled out yet. I don't know how long it takes to match or rule someone out, but I'm thinking as long as she is on their radar, no news is good news. After all, given the circumstances of her disappearance (possible murder), they've also got to build a case.
I think that would also mean they would arrest the perpetrator first if they have enough evidence before announcing it is her, otherwise, the perp may take off. I'm thinking he's been looking over his shoulder this whole time.

I was born in 1984, and I remember from about 1997 - 2002 my friends and I wore the exact same sweaters and bracelets found with this UID. I never was into getting my nails done, but my friends who liked to, often wore the same design this UID did. French manicure with a flower detail and a little rhinestone.

Someone upthread mentioned the brooch could be a hairclip and I agree. We all used to wear big fancy hairclips, along with those little butterfly shaped ones.

FWIW, I am 31 & single, and don't match my bra & panties, but my 60 year old mother (widowed and doesn't date) DOES match hers religiously lol so that might not necessarily be an age/going out on a date thing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back