Identified! OH - Lorain Co., WhtFem UP14913, 16-36, off Rte 58, Mar'16 - Angela Hall

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was born in 1984, and I remember from about 1997 - 2002 my friends and I wore the exact same sweaters and bracelets found with this UID. I never was into getting my nails done, but my friends who liked to, often wore the same design this UID did. French manicure with a flower detail and a little rhinestone.

Someone upthread mentioned the brooch could be a hairclip and I agree. We all used to wear big fancy hairclips, along with those little butterfly shaped ones.

FWIW, I am 31 & single, and don't match my bra & panties, but my 60 year old mother (widowed and doesn't date) DOES match hers religiously lol so that might not necessarily be an age/going out on a date thing.

My daughter is 24 and I can remember her wearing these. I just can't remember how old she was when she wore them. She would have been eleven in 2002, so I'm thinking that these tops were around even later than 2002. Maybe now that we have this comparison picture, it should be sent to LE so that they can contact the manufacturer, Jalate? This is a difficult case so far because LE hasn't come out to narrow their 20 year range on how long the remains have been deceased. This may help them narrow that range.

Great find!

I'm thinking not much can be done until the DNA tests are complete. If I had to guess, the current rule out list for this UP is based on dental records or skeletal findings, for example, if the MP had a known broken left femur but the UP has an intact one, that would rule that MP out. I'm not sure how this all works, of course, but for the two possible matches for other cases that I've submitted before the DNA testing was complete, I received a reply stating that when the tests are complete, the results will be compared to all available matches, including the ones I submitted. I would think potential matches would help to narrow down the selection so as to not waste time and resources, but what do I know? Based on the replies I've received, though, it seem pointless submitting tips and matches for MP's that can't be ruled out by other means, if they're not going to do anything until they've run the DNA through CODIS first.

The bra is definitely an unlined, most likely a dream angel style with the sequins and bows. Every VS product has a date on the tag, I'm assuming it's probably unreadable by now, but hopefully someone from the company will know which year the products are from

The only people I know who wear watches these days are little old ladies. I'm sure other people wear watches too, I just don't know anyone.

I've worn a watch all of my life, the same digital since I was preg with my son in 1985. Casio still sells it. I'm 51. The band broke last week, I'm not in the habit of looking at my cell for the time.

I'm not sure if this was mentioned, but if I'm like other women, we don't typically match bra and underwear (especially fancy ones like that) unless we were expecting them to be seen. This is just my own opinion and may have nothing to do with the person found but I thought I'd share my own personal experiences as I think it may make an important point!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

If she is from the 90's the set was probably a gift or a treat to herself. I used to buy from Frederick's of Hollywood and VS back then but don't remember how expensive they were, surely nothing like they are now. If I was getting the bra, I would get the panties too if they were my style

I haven't worn a watch in so long, I can't remember. It's just a personal preference. I realized I really didn't need one, there are clocks everywhere I go, but I do miss my clear/transparent Swatch watch from the 80s. That was my favorite. I wonder if I still have that kicking around. . . that would be so cool.

The Doe Network:

Case File 2069DFOH
AMHall.jpg

Angela Marie Hall
Missing since August 1997 from Elyria, Lorain County, Ohio
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

• [*]Date Of Birth: February 24, 1971
    [*]Age at Time of Disappearance: 26
    [*]Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'10"; 145 lbs.
    [*]Distinguishing Characteristics: White/Hispanic female. Brown hair with blonde streaks; blue eyes.
    [*]

The article says she went missing in 1998 and was 25. Her Doe Network page says she went missing in 1997 and was 26. I'm not sure which is accurate.

http://fox8.com/2016/07/19/lorain-county-sheriff-identifies-remains-found-in-shallow-grave-in-march/

HUNTINGTON TOWNSHIP, OH - Officials have released d the identity of the skeletal remains that were found in a shallow grave in Lorain County back in March.

The remains belong to Angela Hall, who is also known as Angela Serrano. She was a Lorain resident who went missing after she was seen getting into a vehicle in Elyria in January of 1998. She was 25 years old at the time of her disappearance.
Her identity was confirmed through DNA testing after family members provided samples that matched Hall's DNA.
In a previous press conference, police said the woman died more than two years ago. Parts of the remains were under 6 to 8 inches of soil, which could be a result of the elements.

The Doe Network:
Case File 2069DFOH
AMHall.jpg

Angela Marie Hall
Missing since August 1997 from Elyria, Lorain County, Ohio
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

• [*]Date Of Birth: February 24, 1971
    [*]Age at Time of Disappearance: 26
    [*]Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'10"; 145 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White/Hispanic female. Brown hair with blonde streaks; blue eyes.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Hall was last seen in Elyria, Ohio in August 1997.
She was in the company of a black male in his late 20’s. They were last seen in a blue Chevrolet Beretta, license plate number unknown.
Hall was a confidential informant in a drug case, and a former exotic dancer at Bugsy's Speak Easy in Elyria.

In May 1998, Patricia Byrd, pleaded guilty to charges of engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity, trafficking in cocaine, permitting drug abuse and intimidation. Her husband, Michael, was charged with permitting drug abuse and intimidation. He pleaded guilty to those charges. The charges for the couple were to be reduced if they could help prosecutors locate Angela Hall.

Hall, as an informant, purchased cocaine from Patricia Byrd four times from November 15, 1996, to March 7, 1997, according to court records. The Byrds and the man who supplied them with the drugs, were charged with threatening Hall. The Byrds passed a lie-detector test in which they said they had paid Hall to leave the area. But they failed the test when they said they did not know Hall's whereabouts.
The police provided Hall with an apartment in Cleveland, and officers were working to drop some criminal charges.
Hall gave her two children to a friend and disappeared.

So glad they have solved her whereabouts. Peace to her family and may she rest in peace.

So glad she was identified, I just hope now they can fill in the pieces and find out what exactly led to her ending up there.

Rest in peace, Angela. I am so glad she has been ID'd.

I remember Angela Hall! Not personally, of course. She went missing when I was five, but she's one of the more well-known missing persons cases. Every time she came up as a possible uid someone would rant about how police could have done that and whatnot.

I'm so glad she's been found. Although she was one of the ones who I was hoping was laying low and doing her own thing. May she RIP

http://www.mytrimblenews.com/content/downey-enters-guilty-plea-murder-angela-hall

Multiple arrests; her murder was pre-planned, and violent - she was beaten unconscious with baseball bats, stabbed in the throat, and then buried.

IMHO that is a different person, same name but different age and different place & moment of disappearance ~ she was found within days.

From the link:

Hall, a LaGrange resident who was 34 years of age at the time of her death, was reported missing on Friday, Nov. 20, 2015. She had last been seen alive on Nov. 7, 2015, police said. After conducting interviews with witnesses and suspects, troopers with the Kentucky State Police found the remains of Hall in a shallow grave on a farm on Cropper Road in Shelby County on Nov. 23, 2015.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee
Back