GUILTY OH - Melinda Pleskovic, 49, murdered in her Strongsville home, 23 Oct 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This crime happened very near where I live. There's not much news on the local TV about it, altho today they announced she was stabbed and shot. Even my hubby thinks her husband did it (sincerest appologies if he is innocent).
I get more news here than anywhere! You guys are great sources of information!

And he gave way too much info. Ppl are usually lying when they do that. Also why did he call if the SIL had already called?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm in agreement with you...certainly seems like he was setting the scene by stating all the past issues they've had. It's odd but I felt he was more interested in explaining that than he was in getting help for his wife! And the tone in how he said, "we've already got someone on the way" was weird. Then WHY are you calling 911? To vent? Just all around weird. My heart breaks for the family and her students.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stabbed and shot while her son and granddaughter were in the house. And neither could alert for help. If the son was aware I would think he would've tried to go to a neighbor for help. I'm baffled.

Stabbed and shot while her son and granddaughter were in the house. And neither could alert for help. If the son was aware I would think he would've tried to go to a neighbor for help. I'm baffled.

Yes, me too!
So someone broke in, or entered willingly, didn't steal anything (this time), stabbed and shot the mother, left both the infant and older son alive and just bailed?? Hmmmm [emoji1304]

I'm in agreement with you...certainly seems like he was setting the scene by stating all the past issues they've had. It's odd but I felt he was more interested in explaining that than he was in getting help for his wife! And the tone in how he said, "we've already got someone on the way" was weird. Then WHY are you calling 911? To vent? Just all around weird. My heart breaks for the family and her students.

If this was planned, I'll bet the 911 call was planned out as well. Could be the SIL's 911 call didn't fit the plan? Trying to stay within TOS here :wink:

Her son has down syndrome and is non verbal.

Poor lady, as you say PB so much overkill.
With nothing reported stolen and other occupants unharmed, sadly I don’t think this will be an outlier from statistics.

Her son has down syndrome and is non verbal.

I know he's non verbal but I've worked with Downs children for years and they are taught from elementary age how to reach out for help. At his age IMO he was probably capable of messaging an emergency without speaking.

I just get the feeling he wasn't aware of what happened.

How would the "killer" know that the son has down syndrome and is non verbal? Unless the "killer" didn't know he was there, the son would have been killed too. Possibly the young child also would have been killed. A stranger wouldn't know if the young child was verbal or not and able to be a witness.
So many signs point to an inside job.

Mods: Am I allowed to link to Ursula Franco, MD and criminologist?
She has done an analysis of the 911 call.
Technically its a "blog",
so I am going to assume NO!
I just happened to see it when searching for Melinda on twitter.
Very interesting stuff!

AFAIK, it's comparatively rare that a killer shoots and stabs a victim to death. Was there a struggle? Stabbing didn't kill her so perp got the gun out? Or were there two killers?

Has anyone in the family a gun registered to them? Was a gun kept in the house?

Mods: Am I allowed to link to Ursula Franco, MD and criminologist?
She has done an analysis of the 911 call.
Technically its a "blog",
so I am going to assume NO!
I just happened to see it when searching for Melinda on twitter.
Very interesting stuff!

I'm not a mod, but I would suggest finding her interviewed by or quoted in MSM and then link to that.

I'm not a mod, but I would suggest finding her interviewed by or quoted in MSM and then link to that.
I did. She lives in Rome Italy.
She did some work with Michael Peterson's 911 call on Kathleen Savio's case.
I doubt there is any media quoting her (YET)
MOO

According to the news reports about the autopsy results the ME said "gunshot wounds" so it means she was shot more than once. I wonder if investigators found shell casings. They should have.

It seems that gunshots would have been heard by someone. I think they didn't do anything to her son or granddaughter as they felt they could not give any information about them (the suspects)

Thank you for your kind words on the loss of my son. It was 1-30-2002 and he was 21. I guess that is why I try to do my part on missing children/persons.

The husband's 911 call sounded like he was trying to explain the circumstances and lead up as he saw them instead of trying to get her help. His angry complaint about LE sounded like he was trying to blame them for her death. IMO, it sounds like he's trying to push the investigation into the direction he wants it to go, only a few moments after he found her. His tone was somewhat that of a bully trying to put LE on the defensive.

When the operator asks him about doing CPR, he answers "no" and sounds almost as if he doesn't want to. Why didn't anyone do CPR or even check to see if she still had a pulse and respiration?

I can't recall any case where a murderer played pranks on someone before killing them. If a stranger were so intent on killing this poor woman, why were they trying to break into her house? Why not hide and attack her as she left or went outside? So many questions, none of this adds up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back