GUILTY OH - Melinda Pleskovic, 49, murdered in her Strongsville home, 23 Oct 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe the son-in-law gave the son an coveted privilege--like any unlimited video game time in a room far from the kitchen--to keep him occupied during the murder and after. And the baby was napping or safe in a play yard or crib. Let's hope anyway that neither witnessed the murder or their mother/grandmother dead on the kitchen floor.

The son-in-law's description of the person he said was trying to break in was diabolical. He places himself in the house during the incident and can also explain away any witnesses who say it was him outside the house.

This must have been planned for a long time. Why do it the week of the wedding?

File this under somewhat off topic....
I know it’s semantics and all but it’s always bothered me that in the 911 call BP refers to JS as “my new son in law.” They were 4 days shy of the wedding...”my daughter’s finance” rolls off the tongue easier. or if he truly saw him as his SIL then just say “my son in law.”
Idk why it bothers me. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

File this under somewhat off topic....
I know it’s semantics and all but it’s always bothered me that in the 911 call BP refers to JS as “my new son in law.” They were 4 days shy of the wedding...”my daughter’s finance” rolls off the tongue easier. or if he truly saw him as his SIL then just say “my son in law.”
Idk why it bothers me. Lol

Yes!! I so agree with that, just such an odd way to describe someone. Not like he has other SIL where it could be confusing.
I have a hard time with the timing. It seems like SIL took extra precautions to have his alibi established. So in my opinion it’s premeditated. If that’s the case, why do it right before his wedding? Just odd. Clearly he would know that was approaching and can’t imagine he would think the wedding would still go on regardless. Also- who decided to make her funeral the day of the wedding??? That’s just gut wrenching to me and I’m not a part of the family. I can’t imagine what the guests were thinking.

The "new son in law" sure was looking around before getting in the vehicle!
I am guessing this is police footage??
If so, happy to know they we're there watching [emoji102]

m
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Odd that the husband didn't ride with the family in the hearse.

Maybe it was too much for his son?
MOO

Sent from my DL1008M using Tapatalk

I hope his Dad gets therapy for Kyle. Poor young man.

I just saw the article on the Daily Mail. I'm shocked. There has to be more about what happened.

I'm not very shocked but very saddened for Melinda.

We all suspected this was an insider job, I never had strong suspicions against the husband though. I suspected any of the remaining family members.

Could very well be two killers because of two manners of killing (gun and knife).

An argument between Melinda, JC and daughter that got out of hand? Or was it premeditated? I guess we will find out in the coming days.

So sad :(

jmo

I think you are reading my mind! Curiousier and curiousier!

I am wondering how much range the car alarm/remote start have. It looks like for at least some of the car manufacturer's component systems you would have to be in a fairly small radius of their home at 4:30 and 7 AM to do that.

Most only work for about 50 feet. I have tried many times to find my car in the mall parking lot, and the alarm never beeps until I get with about 50 feet of the car.

I think it makes sense now about the car remote control being used to set off the alarm. JS had the remote in the house all along.

The son-in-law's description of the person he said was trying to break in was diabolical. He places himself in the house during the incident and can also explain away any witnesses who say it was him outside the house.

This must have been planned for a long time. Why do it the week of the wedding?

bbm - Good point! Maybe he didn't want to get married, felt forced into this relationship for whatever reason?

Also, without being married to Melinda's daughter he probably wouldn't have any financial gain if there was a life insurance policy? So if money was the motive the marriage would be an important part of it, making it even more odd that he would murder her just before the wedding.

I think this was more a personal thing, or as discussed above, possibly Melinda found out something regarding child abuse and confronted him. (But that would not really fit with our assumption that he made up all the attempted break-ins since January.)

We can sleuth him now, can anyone find more details about his past?

I still believe the husband or daughter is in some way involved. Usually the actual murderer is arrested first because of evidence. It’s harder to arrest someone on circumstantial evidence, so that takes time and digging. That is why I have the feeling the husband or daughter haven’t been arrested. They are asking for more tips from the public so they can build their case against whomever conspired with the SIL.

I still believe the husband or daughter is in some way involved. Usually the actual murderer is arrested first because of evidence. It’s harder to arrest someone on circumstantial evidence, so that takes time and digging. That is why I have the feeling the husband or daughter haven’t been arrested. They are asking for more tips from the public so they can build their case against whomever conspired with the SIL.

Exactly. Look at the Sievers case. Took a while for Mark to be arrested after the actual murderers were.

bbm - Good point! Maybe he didn't want to get married, felt forced into this relationship for whatever reason?

Also, without being married to Melinda's daughter he probably wouldn't have any financial gain if there was a life insurance policy? So if money was the motive the marriage would be an important part of it, making it even more odd that he would murder her just before the wedding.

I think this was more a personal thing, or as discussed above, possibly Melinda found out something regarding child abuse and confronted him. (But that would not really fit with our assumption that he made up all the attempted break-ins since January.)

We can sleuth him now, can anyone find more details about his past?

There's not much out there about him. Friends/neighbors say he was a good kid, no criminal record.

http://www.wkyc.com/mobile/article/...ing-strongsvilles-melinda-pleskovic/488081730

If someone else was involved they're gonna have restless nights now, fearing he'll be talking.

Hope whomever (if anyone) was involved is sick with worry.
As in... their day-to-day interactions shown strain.
This case is so heinous.

My $$ is on the hubby either being involved or knowing something. That 911 call was off the charts in weirdness ; imo. Saying he was at dinner... his explanations about the 'break ins', etc.
Just not sensing any grief... except maybe from the children.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forensicsdropout
Back