GUILTY OH - Paris Talley, 3 wks, dies of thermal injuries, Dayton, 30 Aug 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Based on the info that they have released I don't see how they could charge her either. Espcially with other people in the house, why is it they only suspect her. Is it because the boyfriend has his sister backing him and vice versa. I have no idea why they only think she did it.

I would like to know what the evidence is, too, that suggests a microwave was involved.

Someone would have to be pretty sick to actually open the microwave door, put the baby in and turn the dial to turn it on or push buttons or however the thing works. And where were the sons/the other children?
No one had seen or heard anything out of the ordinary??
I would think the baby would have to be screaming pretty badly.
God, the poor thing. I just hate even thinking about her dying :(

Staff Writer

DAYTON — Dayton police arrested China Arnold in the death of her infant daughter, saying she "admitted to committing the offense," according to a court document filed to seek an arrest warrant.

The document, filed Nov. 22 in Dayton Municipal Court, also says DNA evidence links her to the death.

More at link

mindi77 said:
Staff Writer

DAYTON — Dayton police arrested China Arnold in the death of her infant daughter, saying she "admitted to committing the offense," according to a court document filed to seek an arrest warrant.

The document, filed Nov. 22 in Dayton Municipal Court, also says DNA evidence links her to the death.

More at link
what link!!??

mindi77 said:
Thanks. So WHEN did she allegedly admit to doing this? The document was filed on 11/22 - did she all of the sudden confess her guilt to this detective? I mean this must be new information - the baby died a year ago. Is her confession the "new" evidence they moved on?

What DNA evidence could possibly link anyone to microwaving a baby?

I'm really having trouble seeing this. She admits to the crime one day and then vehemently denies it the next?

Help me out here.

southcitymom said:
Thanks. So WHEN did she allegedly admit to doing this? The document was filed on 11/22 - did she all of the sudden confess her guilt to this detective? I mean this must be new information - the baby died a year ago. Is her confession the "new" evidence they moved on?

What DNA evidence could possibly link anyone to microwaving a baby?

I'm really having trouble seeing this. She admits to the crime one day and then vehemently denies it the next?

Help me out here.

I wish I could help you out here but I am just as lost as you are. I just got that tonight in my email that I get from dayton daily news. I don't know why it would take a year to arrest her if she admitted or what ever they are doing. And I am with you on how and what kind of DNA evidence? If I see or hear more on the news I will post it

mindi77 said:
I wish I could help you out here but I am just as lost as you are. I just got that tonight in my email that I get from dayton daily news. I don't know why it would take a year to arrest her if she admitted or what ever they are doing. And I am with you on how and what kind of DNA evidence? If I see or hear more on the news I will post it
Thanks for posting it. It's nice to know what got them the arrest warrant. Maybe they will be releasing more information.

I mean if the "confession" happened more than a year ago and was along the lines of a grieving mother crying "It's all my fault," I'm not buying it.

I'd think China's DNA would be all over Paris and the microwave regardless of WHAT happened...very very curious.

I'm betting she "admitted" it to a friend, and the friend told the police.

http://www.whiotv.com/news/10434655/detail.html

Defense Attorney Speaks Out About Mother Charged With Murder

NewsCenter 7 first told you Wednesday about shocking information in the case of a Dayton mother charged with killing her newborn baby in a microwave oven.

Court documents said that police and prosecutors have DNA evidence to support their case against China Arnold.

Jon Paul Rion said, "From everyone's version of events including the police, China Arnold never admitted anything. She told the police she had no idea who or what caused the death of her child. The document filed in court was simply a form document that meant to say that she had made statements."

more at link

Iwas an bused women but I fought back & swore NEVER again .I did the same thing this young women & betterd myself to raise my three boy's & I made it WithOUT a man..Inathis kind of relationship the man will try knock DOWN your self esteem. they do any thing to make you feel NEED them. I don't believe this LADY killed her BABY.LIKE I said they Will DO anything to screw your head up & when that doesnt work they Do anything they TO HURT YOU( back.) ask a pschiatirist who treats baterd women & I can promise you he will say this is true.This women did not kill her baby!!! I don't hate men just lowlifes like thisone. I find it so hard To believe the police the police not to know about all how these LOWLIFES work .They can screw up your head Sooooo bad & they thrive on knowing the they can causeyou.BUwhen they get frustated they wiil sink the bottomless to make they get their way.Makes no differnce BIOLOGICAL father ornot. I WILL PRAY for this lady. the violence is his RECORD & history.This women is innocent.god bless her.my prayers are with her & family:blowkiss: :blowkiss: .

mindi77 said:
http://www.whiotv.com/news/10434655/detail.html

Defense Attorney Speaks Out About Mother Charged With Murder

NewsCenter 7 first told you Wednesday about shocking information in the case of a Dayton mother charged with killing her newborn baby in a microwave oven.

Court documents said that police and prosecutors have DNA evidence to support their case against China Arnold.

Jon Paul Rion said, "From everyone's version of events including the police, China Arnold never admitted anything. She told the police she had no idea who or what caused the death of her child. The document filed in court was simply a form document that meant to say that she had made statements."

more at link
From this article:

"Dayton police told NewsCenter 7 that Arnold did not make a confession in this case despite the wording on the court documents, but they said they definitely do have DNA evidence in the case."

Well, that settles that - China never confessed that she did it.

I remain flummoxed as to what DNA evidence could show her guilt.

crypto6 said:
I was thinking along your lines of a medical event; there are several conditions, and MH is one, where core temperature can rise dramatically. If the baby died by microwave, the burns that EMS saw would remain. I wonder exactly what EMS saw that made them think of burns….

Crypto6
I have been tossing this idea around too. I remember seeing something on TV once about parents who were accused of murdering their child by poisoning him. Turns out he had a rare medical condition that caused his body to produce a certain chemical, and that same chemical was also found in a product they had in their home (some type of household product, maybe cleaning fluid...can't remember). Anyway, all they had was circumstantial evidence. I think they had another child and the same thing happened to that child, and that is when authorities started taking a closer look at things :waitasec:

My thoughts on the DNA evidence - they do not mean to say that the Mother's or Baby's dna is present and indicatative of a crime - Instead, I think they mean that their evidence indicates that dna DAMAGE to the brain cells, etc., is present in the baby, indicating that the baby was killed by being microwaved. So it's dna evidence proving the METHOD of death, not proving WHO did the microwaving.

Marie said:
My thoughts on the DNA evidence - they do not mean to say that the Mother's or Baby's dna is present and indicatative of a crime - Instead, I think they mean that their evidence indicates that dna DAMAGE to the brain cells, etc., is present in the baby, indicating that the baby was killed by being microwaved. So it's dna evidence proving the METHOD of death, not proving WHO did the microwaving.
I don't think so. The article that references the DNA evidence states:

"The document, filed Nov. 22, 2006, in Dayton Municipal Court, also says DNA evidence links her (China) to the death."

It was this DNA evidence that allowed them, at least in part, to get the arrest warrant for China. So it's definitely about WHO and I can't imagine what it could be!

I suggested fingerprints on the microwave as a stupid idea for LE to use as evidence because imo it is. So would hair, nails or anything like that that I can think of because she's the baby's mother and lives there. However if the babysitter changed her and the mother had not handled the baby that's what they're trying to use for evidence. I really doubt that they have anything like that they can get around to specifically say we found this and it shouldn't be there or that it proves she had to be the one to do it.

Ok so if China made the statement that she went straight to bed and then didn't get up until the boyfriend called her LE then finds her fingerprints on the baby's diaper. That is why they were making a big fuss on NG about how she checked the baby when she got home and thought the baby was sleeping. There are discrepencies about the father being there and feeding the baby as well. If she carried the baby to the hospital but denies handling her through the night, the diaper is underneath a sleeper so they couldn't have gotten there that way.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzyQuinn
Back