OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered - 4 Wagner Family Members Arrested #87

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it’s the Pike County Common Pleas Court’s original version, the Mods should approve it, right. It’s not up to me. Maybe we should ask them to verify?
AW really got a pretty good deal considering she didn’t give prosecutors much more than her confession. Jake gave them the weapons and more crucial information about the actual crimes.

AW was very lucky.

Have Jake and Angela been moved to a prison yet, or they waiting until after Billy's trial to move them to a prison?
I understand that they are witnesses, and most likely will be protected until they testify against Billy.
Did any of the Wagner's side show up for George's sentencing?

No one was there for GW4.

All of the victim statements were excellent, truthful and revealing of the suffering of those left behind.

Tony's statement was very good in the way he told anecdotes about each victim, made you think of them as they were in life. I loved the story above about Chris Sr. Tony said the bus pulled up in front of the cornfield and every time Chris would take off running into the cornfield. He had to chase him down. Told stories of mud fights, etc. (we did those as kids, too).

If anyone ever does a movie about these murders, I hope they open with the scene of Chris Sr running away in the corn field with Tony chasing him down and putting him on the bus. I don't know why, but I think that would be a great scene to start with. Maybe tell the story through the eyes of the victims families. JMO
I can see Hollywood (HW) making a movie. It would be after all is over AW & JW sentencing. IMO, HW has run out of ideas for making movies anyway. I can see either Clint Eastwood or Sean Penn doing the movie. Your opening movie scene suggestion is excellent. I pictured your idea and it’s an amazing beginning to a tragic ending. If a movie is made, I too hope it’s told through the eyes of the victims families, and not sensationalize. IMO, I would not want a movie done any other way unless the families had their input. The victims' voices/lives need to come through and the movie should not glorify the horrendous crimes or the murderers.

My childhood was spent playing outside most of the time, and we loved playing in the mud (a lot of mud pies). There was no handheld games or computers back then. lol

MOO

List of OH Institutions

IMO, these are all only guesses.

Listed below are institutions some will term "the big house" no longer called penitentiary. Didn't know that institution in Lima, OH closed in 2004.

• GW4 goes to Lucasville or Mansfield
  • JW (after sentencing) goes to Chillicothe or Lebanon
  • AW (after sentencing) goes to Marysville
  • BW3 (once he goes to trial/after sentencing/or plea (doubtful) deal) Mansfield (unless GW4 is sent there, then Lucasville)

MOO

I may have missed it but I did not see much - if any - MSM coverage of the trial while it was in progress, or the conviction and sentencing of GW4. This case was not only the biggest in Ohio history but was a mass murder in the country. Try to think of the cases you've followed that have gotten nat'l attention. Now this one..8 murders in 4 different locations by another family of 4??? I don't get it.

I may have missed it but I did not see much - if any - MSM coverage of the trial while it was in progress, or the conviction and sentencing of GW4. This case was not only the biggest in Ohio history but was a mass murder in the country. Try to think of the cases you've followed that have gotten nat'l attention. Now this one..8 murders in 4 different locations by another family of 4??? I don't get it.

Cincinnati news media covered it. WCPO had a live feed on their web site during the trial. They also sent reporters. Law and Crime also covered it daily.

National news media covered the verdict, but I don't think they had reporters on site. Chris Graves wrote the story that was used by the Washington Post. Daily Mail also ran a story and I think I saw a story in Canadian news media, but that was all I saw for foreign news media.

List of OH Institutions

IMO, these are all only guesses.

Listed below are institutions some will term "the big house" no longer called penitentiary. Didn't know that institution in Lima, OH closed in 2004.

• GW4 goes to Lucasville or Mansfield
  • JW (after sentencing) goes to Chillicothe or Lebanon
  • AW (after sentencing) goes to Marysville
  • BW3 (once he goes to trial/after sentencing/or plea (doubtful) deal) Mansfield (unless GW4 is sent there, then Lucasville)

MOO
I’ve learned that there is more than one women’s prison in the state of OH. There are three total, Ohio Reformatory for Women, Dayton Correctional Institution and Northeast Reintegration Center.

So its not a no brainer that AW will go to Marysville (OH Reformatory for Women).

Additionally, changing my initial guess of where GW4 goes.

GW4 London and staying w/original guess of Lucasville

BW3 goes to Mansfield or Lucasville (if not GW4)

JW goes to Lebanon or who knows where?

No one goes to Chillicothe.

Games people play…:rolleyes:
MOO

I’ve learned that there is more than one women’s prison in the state of OH. There are three total, Ohio Reformatory for Women, Dayton Correctional Institution and Northeast Reintegration Center.

So its not a no brainer that AW will go to Marysville (OH Reformatory for Women).

Additionally, changing my initial guess of where GW4 goes.

GW4 London and staying w/original guess of Lucasville

BW3 goes to Mansfield or Lucasville (if not GW4)

JW goes to Lebanon or who knows where?

No one goes to Chillicothe.

Games people play…:rolleyes:
MOO

JMO, Marysville is the most likely option for AW. Not sure about the men, we'll see.

Cincinnati news media covered it. WCPO had a live feed on their web site during the trial. They also sent reporters. Law and Crime also covered it daily.

National news media covered the verdict, but I don't think they had reporters on site. Chris Graves wrote the story that was used by the Washington Post. Daily Mail also ran a story and I think I saw a story in Canadian news media, but that was all I saw for foreign news media.
Columbus Dispatch covered the trial live on YouTube and posted several articles on a regular basis.

One of Wagner IV’s lawyers talked to FOX19 NOW’s Mike Schell following the sentencing.

“He is absolutely sorry for the loss of the members of the families. Feels horrible for those folks but he maintains his innocence.”

This is the first I have heard of George's attorney making a remark to a journalist.

One of Wagner IV’s lawyers talked to FOX19 NOW’s Mike Schell following the sentencing.

“He is absolutely sorry for the loss of the members of the families. Feels horrible for those folks but he maintains his innocence.”

This is the first I have heard of George's attorney making a remark to a journalist.

Well, they were all under gag orders until GW4s sentencing. There wasn’t much they could say to the news media.

Well, they were all under gag orders until GW4s sentencing. There wasn’t much they could say to the news media.

Right, but I meant I didn't think they said anything to the media after George's sentencing was over.

They left court very quickly. However, this isn't much to say. Really what could they say? They say George maintains his innocence but note his attorneys didn't say THEY think he is innocent. Like when defense attorneys think their client is innocent they usually have stronger words to say to the press.

Looks like George's Case will go to new appellate attorneys.

12/19/2022 DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO APPOINT APPELLATE COUNSEL FILED
Attorney: PARKER, JOHN PATRICK

Does anyone know why AW was so obsessed with children collecting? Wanting to be the mom of her grandkids. Wanting no one with them other than her and her evil spawn. What is the root of this behavior? Did she really want more kids of her own? Was there a reason that wasn't an option?

Probably a waste of time to try to ferret out the logic when the subject is a person so mentally unstable. Just wondering if anyone had any ideas.

Does anyone know why AW was so obsessed with children collecting? Wanting to be the mom of her grandkids. Wanting no one with them other than her and her evil spawn. What is the root of this behavior? Did she really want more kids of her own? Was there a reason that wasn't an option?

Probably a waste of time to try to ferret out the logic when the subject is a person so mentally unstable. Just wondering if anyone had any ideas.

I think Angela had financial motive to "collect" children, this is my opinion.

Her husband left her to go back and live with his wealthy mother. His wealthy mother sold the trailer she let Angela live in, out from under her, well would have, but Angela got mad and burned it down first. His mother gave Angela crappy jobs on the farm and wasn't doing her any favors.

After a life of crime and arson and even burning down her dog kennel, with her dogs inside - well no proof she burned it down but no proof Angela the arsonist didn't. At any rate, Angela found herself as a middle aged single woman without a career without retirement money without financial security in her future, so what did she do?

She depended on her 2 sons to support her. And why would they do that? Because she was raising their children! Her "boys" depended on her for childcare. George said it himself during his testimony, that one reason he didn't move out is for the childcare he got from his mom. I can't remember his exact words but he mentioned childcare.

So we know from their testimony that George's and Jake's wives wanted to move out and have their own homes. So what happened to them? Angela got rid of BOTH of them!

Angela could never allow her "boys" to move out and into their own homes taking their children. They could never financially support her then. They would have their own bills, they couldn't afford to pay her bills also.

So she interfered in George's relationship and arguments he had with his wife Tabby, threatening to shoot her and throwing a board at her. Then when Tabby left she made sure to hire an attorney and get Tabby out of her child's life for good. She made it impossible for Tabby to visit her son then cooked up the idea of keeping Tabby away from her son for a year to then claim Tabby abandoned her son. A date in June was often mentioned, and fake addresses were used. Also, running off to AK then not telling Tabby they were back and so on.

Jake's wife Beth also wanted her own home so how did Angela get rid of her? By accusing her of child @#$%& abuse. George and Angela would not allow Beth around the children. Angela told Jake during a recorded phone call that if he moved out she would never feel his daughter would be safe around Beth. Angela and George voted Jake's wife out of the family. That's why George said "the family has spoken."

Wives were a threat to Angela. George said he would have to tell his son the "cold hard truth that Angela was not his mother." Why did Angela want to be mother?

Because then if George married again there would be no way the new stepmother could step in and be the mom. No chance of George wanting to move to his own home taking his son with him. After all, you can't take a kid away from his mother, right?

Angela depended on those kids to get financial support from her sons, and that is exactly what she got, until she went too far with her selfish financial plans and now sits in jail and then will sit in prison, 26 more years.

And what Angela did is so heinous, so diabolical, so horrendous, that the word "selfish" just doesn't cover it. No amount of words can express the amount of evil that woman schemed up to get her life the way she wanted it to be. Using innocent children to do it.

There is an old saying, by whom I can't recall at the moment:

THE HAND THAT ROCKS THE CRADLE RULES THE WORLD

Last edited:
I keep forgetting that Rita still has to be sentenced. Her 5 felonies were dropped and she was able to plead guilty to just one misdemeanor.

As a reminder.........

NEWCOMB, RITA JO

Charge # 1 - Felony 5th Degree FORGERY

Charge # 2 - Felony 5th Degree FORGERY

Charge # 3 - Felony 5th Degree FORGERY

Charge #4 - Felony 5th Degree OBSTRUCTING JUSTICE

Charge # 5 - Felony 3rd Degree PERJURY

12/02/2019 PLEA OF GUILTY -- DEFENDANT HAS ENTERED A PLEA OF GUILTY TO THE STIPULATED LESSER INCLUDED OFFENSE OF COUNT 4, TO WIT: OBSTRUCTING OFFICIAL BUSINESS, 2921.31, M-2

Obstructing Official Business is typically a 2nd degree misdemeanor under Ohio law. This charge carries a maximum 90 days in jail and a $750 fine.

Canepa said if Rita gives her full cooperation in testifying that the prosecution would ask for her to get a low sentence, probably, I assume, just probation. She was on house arrest for a year but then told the truth and agreed to testify in any trials and she did testify at George's trial and will at Billy's if he has one.

So she will have fulfilled her plea deal with the court, so I think they will recommend she get probation. I have some sympathy towards Rita because Angela told her that if she didn't lie for her then "they will kill me."

Making Rita feel like she had to protect her daughter, possibly from harm or death. Angie took advantage of the mother-daughter bond and twisted it.

Rita got caught up in her daughter's terrible lies and terrible manipulation. I think we have all learned how Angie treats people when she wants her way.

Do I think Rita should have lied, no. Do I understand it? Yes. Should Rita get put in jail? No. But there should be some consequences like fines, community service, probation.....Those types of options other than jail.

Will the families have something to say to her at her sentencing?

We will see.
This reminds me of another thing BCI did in this case that was good. Their handwriting experts found Rita was innocent of forgery.
Her daughter basically framed her.

Hard to find logic where logic didn’t exist.

I think Angela had financial motive to "collect" children, this is my opinion.

Her husband left her to go back and live with his wealthy mother. His wealthy mother sold the trailer she let Angela live in, out from under her, well would have, but Angela got mad and burned it down first. His mother gave Angela crappy jobs on the farm and wasn't doing her any favors.

After a life of crime and arson and even burning down her dog kennel, with her dogs inside - well no proof she burned it down but no proof Angela the arsonist didn't. At any rate, Angela found herself as a middle aged single woman without a career without retirement money without financial security in her future, so what did she do?

She depended on her 2 sons to support her. And why would they do that? Because she was raising their children! Her "boys" depended on her for childcare. George said it himself during his testimony, that one reason he didn't move out is for the childcare he got from his mom. I can't remember his exact words but he mentioned childcare.

So we know from their testimony that George's and Jake's wives wanted to move out and have their own homes. So what happened to them? Angela got rid of BOTH of them!

Angela could never allow her "boys" to move out and into their own homes taking their children. They could never financially support her then. They would have their own bills, they couldn't afford to pay her bills also.

So she interfered in George's relationship and arguments he had with his wife Tabby, threatening to shoot her and throwing a board at her. Then when Tabby left she made sure to hire an attorney and get Tabby out of her child's life for good. She made it impossible for Tabby to visit her son then cooked up the idea of keeping Tabby away from her son for a year to then claim Tabby abandoned her son. A date in June was often mentioned, and fake addresses were used. Also, running off to AK then not telling Tabby they were back and so on.

Jake's wife Beth also wanted her own home so how did Angela get rid of her? By accusing her of child @#$%& abuse. George and Angela would not allow Beth around the children. Angela told Jake during a recorded phone call that if he moved out she would never feel his daughter would be safe around Beth. Angela and George voted Jake's wife out of the family. That's why George said "the family has spoken."

Wives were a threat to Angela. George said he would have to tell his son the "cold hard truth that Angela was not his mother." Why did Angela want to be mother?

Because then if George married again there would be no way the new stepmother could step in and be the mom. No chance of George wanting to move to his own home taking his son with him. After all, you can't take a kid away from his mother, right?

Angela depended on those kids to get financial support from her sons, and that is exactly what she got, until she went too far with her selfish financial plans and now sits in jail and then will sit in prison, 26 more years.

And what Angela did is so heinous, so diabolical, so horrendous, that the word "selfish" just doesn't cover it. No amount of words can express the amount of evil that woman schemed up to get her life the way she wanted it to be. Using innocent children to do it.

There is an old saying, by whom I can't recall at the moment:

THE HAND THAT ROCKS THE CRADLE RULES THE WORLD
I also believe she needed dependents to claim to increase her allotted income. The SSI GWIII was getting is minimal. She had little income if any after the kennel fire…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Purpleflowerrrs