OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered - 4 Wagner Family Members Arrested #87

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I haven't watched very many pre trial hearing, but that has to be the shortest one ever. At least BW3 knows how to say yeah and no. It was interesting how his lawyers were getting him to stand up. All IMO.
Just seeing his body language and how he spoke in this hearing, I feel he is going all the way. I feel his energy screamed defiance. One of the podcasts on this case is still putting out new episodes and it's going over the trial as it happened. Just this morning I listened to the latest episode and they played part of that interview with Billy in the vehicle at the grocery store and it just mad my blood boil again hearing him say him and Chris were best friends and all those lies he was telling. I know he presents himself as dumb and like he couldn't plan something like this, but he knew what he was doing in that interview and he was able to get away with all those crimes all these years. I think he's perhaps a bit smarter than he sounds and planned this so that his son and wife looked the most guilty all while he was really behind it. Just hearing him say he hauled cars for Chris Sr.. didn't know about any drugs.. blah blah.. boy he sure did know about all of it, and likely planned some of the drug shipping and dealing that was going on. I think he was in with more of this stuff than we might think. Then he can play the poor dumb country boy that just got wrapped up in something. ugh

BBM How does following a case ensure that? Do you only follow cases in which the defendants are wealthy? The W4 themselves were actually turned down for a home loan, and setting fires for $. Not wealthy. Moderately successful criminals at best. Maybe G3's parents are/were but not his own family. Just curious.

<modsnip - comparing attention/coverage of different case(s) is not allowed>

JMO, it seemed like the Rhodens early on were going to be lumped into that category of "high risk lifestyle", "probably ripped someone off/had a lot of enemies", "local LE doesn't have a lot of staff or budget", etc. Many of those early assumptions about the Rhodens were wrong and news and some social media helped ensure their deaths got the attention they deserved.

ETA: As far as wealth is concerned, its no secret that Billy had a lot of help and resources at his disposal thanks to his parents. Remember when FW's attorneys even showed up in court, sitting at the same table as GW4's attorneys to object to the court allowing the jury to go on FW's property as part of their tour, to see where the murder weapons were hidden? Remember when the state accused FW of trying to control witnesses by hiring attorneys for them and attending meetings? Don't forget all the tv interviews she did trying to convince the public that her family was innocent of the murders.

“The fact that (Fredericka Wagner) commented on her family members’ cases, where gag orders have already been issued, highlights the extreme prejudicial interference that (she) and her counsel have engaged in, and will continue to engage in without a gag order," Junk argued in the motion.

"The statements are improper attempts to influence the public regarding the allegations against (her), along with the matters pending against her family members, in already highly publicized matters where requests have already bee made to change venue due to pretrial publicity.

“It is improper for (Fredericka Wagner) and her counsel to take it upon themselves to generate more publicity that will only serve to frustrate the function of this Court. The actions of (Fredericka Wagner) and her counsel only stand to further complicate the ability to these cases to be tried by fair and impartial jurors from Pike County.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I'm kinda iffy on that. I don't think JW told us everything. Just enough to get himself LWOP and for his family, if he truly even cares about his family.
I think the initial plan was George shot him when he was outside. George was the hunter and the one good with a rifle. I really think he was the one that shot that rifle and the reason that was the plan was because he was a good shot and his dad trusted him to make the shot. Then Chris Sr was on the porch instead of walking back to the house so the shots were fired with him closer to his dad than they planned for. I think it could be why the shots were "off". I suspect the suppressor threw the shots off a bit as well as whoever was shooting that rifle trying to aim away from the left side of the trailer where they knew their dad was inside there. They seemed to go more to the right, which would make sense if someone was trying to hit their target, while also trying to have those bullets go as far away from where they didn't want to hit.

I missed the hearing. If anybody knows where to see a rerun, please post it. I've looked at Court TV and Law & Crime network but can't find any mention of this hearing. TIA

Sometimes it takes a while for the recording to appear, usually before the 6 pm news. Check the local Cincinnati tv station facebook, you tube, etc. sites. The hearing was very short. Not much said, except that there are personnel changes due to the election last fall and mandatory retirement for Judge Deering, effective Feb 8. Rob Junk won the election for Pike County Court of Common Pleas judge. He can't hear Billy's case because he served as prosecutor for the other Wagner cases. When Rob Junk is sworn in as judge, he will send a request to the Ohio Supreme Court for appointment of a visiting judge for Billy's case. Ohio Supremes will appoint a judge. There will also be new appointments to the prosecution team, since Junk is becoming Judge and Andy Wilson was appointed to be Director of Public Safety (?) for Ohio. Assume Junk will be replaced by local pols in Pike County. Gov. DeWine will probably appoint someone to replace Andy Wilson, since Andy had come from DeWine's office.

Well, I haven't watched very many pre trial hearing, but that has to be the shortest one ever. At least BW3 knows how to say yeah and no. It was interesting how his lawyers were getting him to stand up. All IMO.
I didn't watch it, but it sounds as if I missed very little. Yeah, and No, is his standard. Not a "you honor" after? Normally, no.

Just seeing his body language and how he spoke in this hearing, I feel he is going all the way. I feel his energy screamed defiance. One of the podcasts on this case is still putting out new episodes and it's going over the trial as it happened. Just this morning I listened to the latest episode and they played part of that interview with Billy in the vehicle at the grocery store and it just mad my blood boil again hearing him say him and Chris were best friends and all those lies he was telling. I know he presents himself as dumb and like he couldn't plan something like this, but he knew what he was doing in that interview and he was able to get away with all those crimes all these years. I think he's perhaps a bit smarter than he sounds and planned this so that his son and wife looked the most guilty all while he was really behind it. Just hearing him say he hauled cars for Chris Sr.. didn't know about any drugs.. blah blah.. boy he sure did know about all of it, and likely planned some of the drug shipping and dealing that was going on. I think he was in with more of this stuff than we might think. Then he can play the poor dumb country boy that just got wrapped up in something. ugh
I think it's his pure defiance of the law and legal system. He taught his boys to be polite toward LEOs but wanted them in no uniforms. He's going all the way out of the criminal code, just like G4. He gets what he gets. I'd bet his lawyers have tried every which way under the sun to get him to take a plea. He's going to make Ohio pay out of their pockets to put him on trial and prove his guilt.

Nothing big, but Todd Dykes said Billy's attorneys made a comment after the hearing that his trial would be much different from his son's. We'll see, I suppose.
I wonder what "defense" they will present for ole Billy? Blame it all on George and Jake? He was really home having a lovely evening watching a princess movie with his wife and grandkids? You know the first time he was over there overnight in months and then the good caring father and grandfather he is, he decided to stay a few more nights there to ensure everyone felt safe from the big bad murders going around killing his best friend and his entire family? ugh Or was it he was drugged on his pain pills and fell asleep. Didn't know nothing about a murder truck.. his boys must have stole the truck he bought for his niece and kept hidden in the garage and the he woke up that next morning with a wild hair to go gift the truck to her before the sun was even up.. then decided to detail that truck for her one day at the FWF because he's just such a great uncle. :rolleyes: Or maybe mommy trauma or the cartel made him?

I wonder what "defense" they will present for ole Billy? Blame it all on George and Jake? He was really home having a lovely evening watching a princess movie with his wife and grandkids? You know the first time he was over there overnight in months and then the good caring father and grandfather he is, he decided to stay a few more nights there to ensure everyone felt safe from the big bad murders going around killing his best friend and his entire family? ugh Or was it he was drugged on his pain pills and fell asleep. Didn't know nothing about a murder truck.. his boys must have stole the truck he bought for his niece and kept hidden in the garage and the he woke up that next morning with a wild hair to go gift the truck to her before the sun was even up.. then decided to detail that truck for her one day at the FWF because he's just such a great uncle. :rolleyes: Or maybe mommy trauma or the cartel made him?

Those are all pretty interesting scenarios! Billy is the only one who had his phone with him the night of the murders. Will he try to blame one of the others for stealing his phone?? Stole his gun and ammo, too? Will he try to blame Angela, saying she was there instead of him? It's a never ending game of musical chairs for this crime family. Or maybe he has a "wild card" scenario or two up his sleeve - pointing the finger at others. Hard for him to explain away the murder truck. Both of his sons put him at the murder scenes.

I think the initial plan was George shot him when he was outside. George was the hunter and the one good with a rifle. I really think he was the one that shot that rifle and the reason that was the plan was because he was a good shot and his dad trusted him to make the shot. Then Chris Sr was on the porch instead of walking back to the house so the shots were fired with him closer to his dad than they planned for. I think it could be why the shots were "off". I suspect the suppressor threw the shots off a bit as well as whoever was shooting that rifle trying to aim away from the left side of the trailer where they knew their dad was inside there. They seemed to go more to the right, which would make sense if someone was trying to hit their target, while also trying to have those bullets go as far away from where they didn't want to hit.
I'm kinda leery of JW's entire storyline though. It truly didn't match up at all times. JM2¢ on his testimony. I think all four are guilty as sin, and that G4's only possible saving grace is that he truly didn't make a kill shot, but he just as well have, he disabled CR1. Just like he disabled the deer when he shined the lights in their eyes. Then he or his uncle shot them. How low of a sportsman is that? It's like paying to shoot a lion in a cage. Neither he nor his uncle seemed to be starving, by any means. :rolleyes:

I remember him saying something to the effect that his grandmother wouldn't let him "coyote hunt" on her property, because she didn't want him to hurt them. I took that to mean she had no clue what his code for "coyote hunting" was and he wasn't telling her what it meant.;)

I missed the hearing. If anybody knows where to see a rerun, please post it. I've looked at Court TV and Law & Crime network but can't find any mention of this hearing. TIA

Me too. I couldn't find a link that would play in the UK. Someone will probably put a link up, they usually do.

This is kinda to bookmark for myself, so I can keep track in the trial.

The firearm that was used to murder HMR, CR2, DR, HHG, and FR was a .22lr from JW's 1911 Colt.

CR1 was hit once in the arm (.30 caliber round from G4's SKS).

CR1 was hit eight more times, (any of which would have killed him, and one even internally decapitated him), .40 caliber rounds from G3's firearm.

GR was murdered by .40 caliber rounds from G3's firearm.

JW initially said he murdered five and wounded one. Throws a tiny bit of reasonable doubt in for his brother. The man's murdered five people; What's a little doubt for big bro if I mix a few things up? He knew what he as to do. They've been over it. And over it. And over it.

JW murdered five people. His inlaws, basically. He had a bone to pick.

G4 incapacitated CR1, for his father. The family had voted at the table meeting. I don't think G4 necessarily agreed but, it's family.

CR1 is already down from the G4's SKS shot. G4 basically shredded the man's arm off. GR jumps out of the recliner when this happens (wouldn't you?) and G3 turns and shoots him in the head.

G3 then turns back to his old friend, his buddy, who attended his son's wedding, loved him like a brother, and shoots him eight more times. Once at mid-range, seven more at close range. G3 had a bone to pick with CR1. This is my theory and my theory is only based on having watched this unfold since April 22, 2016.

They said the victims were shot "execution style":
An execution-style murder, also known as execution-style killing, a "gang style", or "kill shot" is an act of criminal murder where the perpetrator kills at close range a conscious victim who is under the complete physical control of the assailant and who has been left with no course of resistance or escape.

And she who I think orchestrated a lot of this, orchestrated the least sentence.

Billy's responses to judge's questions:
"yup"
"yup"
"nope"
Zero respect for authority. I replayed his last time in court and it was "yup" and a sort of grin, like WTH, am I supposed to love it here? when the judge asked him if he was satisfied with his treatment so far. I may not be the brightest bulb in the shed, but I think he knows and he does not give a $#%^. What's it matter how he acts? He's going to go to prison for the rest of his life. He can sleep through the trial, or throw a fit. DP or not, he'll die in prison. Unless somehow JW's and AW's entire testimony can be thrown out.

Zero respect for authority. I replayed his last time in court and it was "yup" and a sort of grin, like WTH, am I supposed to love it here? when the judge asked him if he was satisfied with his treatment so far. I may not be the brightest bulb in the shed, but I think he knows and he does not give a $#%^. What's it matter how he acts? He's going to go to prison for the rest of his life. He can sleep through the trial, or throw a fit. DP or not, he'll die in prison. Unless somehow JW's and AW's entire testimony can be thrown out.
Billy's yup, yup and nope were surly and he continues to carry a brutish appearance. The lawyer standing on Billy's right patted Billy on the back more than a few times. There is not a drop of humility in that Wagner body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo