OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #51

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question...It seems like it reads that it only covers comments that the defendants don't initiate, correct?

Correct. Every word the defendants say without initiation from someone else, can and will be used against them. And before this motion was detailed on April 4, Jake had already spilled his guts to someone. All just my opinion.

Well if you would go back and listen to old news interviews that was did with Lenard Manley, he said that things have been covered up in Pike County for many years and the law suits that FW put against people she was selling land to on land contacts with a interested rate that is not heard of, for a county attorney and the local judge to let the Wagners by with all the run in that they had with the law for all those years to end up with innocent kids being executed like they where, so yes I do think that any political person that has been in office in that county over the past 10 years need to be checked out by the state, JMO

Thanks.

The only lesser sentence is LWOP. There would be riots in the streets at the Waverly Courthouse if Jake got any less. They wouldn't want him back in their community..2 Cents

I always wondered why they were not charged with Child Endangerment ?

If you murder someone and leave their children alone -- even if you didn't know there were children in the home -- seems you should be held accountable but I never see those kinds of charges come up for anyone....HUMMM....?

CC, I haven't had time to research again, but can't more charges be added up until trial? JMO

Forgive me if this has been brought up, but does anyone know the type of weapons used?
If .22's were used theoretically a 20oz pop bottle could have been used as a silencer. This theory would also account for the overkill. Moo

CC, I haven't had time to research again, but can't more charges be added up until trial? JMO

https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/can-they-give-you-extra-charges-after-your-arrest--623102.html
th

"I hear this question at least once per week. The short answer is -- YES. The DA (felonies) or Solicitor (misdemeanors) has the discretion to add any additional charges that they believe are appropriate based on the "facts" of the case as documented by law enforcement."

"Yes, the prosecutor has charging decision power and can modify or add charges based on the facts as presented to them."

https://www.ronaslamlaw.com/the-pol...ance-the-charges-once-the-case-goes-to-court/
Ron Aslam Law Office

"In general, prosecutors are able to amend a charge to whatever they think they can prove up until the time that jeopardy attaches (i.e., the trial has begun). In some limited, rare circumstances, prosecutors may even be allowed to alter a defendant’s charges after a trial begins. One example may be an attempted murder case in which a body is found during the course of the trial."

Last edited:
Forgive me if this has been brought up, but does anyone know the type of weapons used?
If .22's were used theoretically a 20oz pop bottle could have been used as a silencer. This theory would also account for the overkill. Moo

This is all I can find....

Listed in Discovery:

Photos of 1911.22 (2)
BCI Firearm Files (5/20/17) (20 pp)
BCI Firearm Images (9 pp)

Mentioned in the Indictments:

"...had a firearm that is an automatic firearm or that was equipped with a firearm muffler or suppressor..."

Newly-released documents shed light on Rhoden family murders

"...The report said a cousin, 38-year-old Gary Rhoden, suffered three contact gunshot wounds to the head with large caliber bullets...""

Anytime, Berrybell! You just keep on sleuthing. You add great stuff to the discussion. So, thank you!

Thank you everyone has been very kind I do enjoy reading everyone's opinions and the keeping us updated on legal issues. I am amazed at the insight and sleuthing I would want you good people on my side.

Billy Wagner has some wounds on his face that looks like buckshot had hit him, does anyone have the year when the photo was taken, JMO

Those are driver license photos put out for the laser focus in June 2017. In Ohio you have to go in person and renew your drivers license every 4 years which includes a vision test and a new photo is taken. So those photos were taken anywhere from 2013 - 2017.

The only lesser sentence is LWOP. There would be riots in the streets at the Waverly Courthouse if Jake got any less. They wouldn't want him back in their community..2 Cents

If you murder someone and leave their children alone -- even if you didn't know there were children in the home -- seems you should be held accountable but I never see those kinds of charges come up for anyone....HUMMM....?
YES I AGREE

Excellent point!

I was thinking something very long, like 40 to life or something. But you're right, I think most people would find it unconscionable to offer any of them a deal.

On a similar topic, what are y'alls thoughts on what the people of Pike county think of the Ws now? Do you think most of the doubt is gone and people see them as the likely murderers? I know shortly after the arrest some people seemed to be in disbelief. TIA

I was thinking something very long, like 40 to life or something. But you're right, I think most people would find it unconscionable to offer any of them a deal.

On a similar topic, what are y'alls thoughts on what the people of Pike county think of the Ws now? Do you think most of the doubt is gone and people see them as the likely murderers? I know shortly after the arrest some people seemed to be in disbelief. TIA

At long last, murder charges bring relief, healing to Pike County

Bill Harbert, a barber said the arrests amounted to “putting a band-aid on an open wound. It’s definitely trying to heal itself now.”
“We feel a little safer now, thinking that they’re off the street.

Morty Throckmorton, manager of the Smart Mart discount store said
“This put a hurtin’ on this little town, You could see people who was scared”
“It’s going to be a scar, but with time it will heal.”

Saundra Ford, a co-worker of Dana Rhoden’s, said the community’s attention turned to the Wagners when they moved to Alaska last year. We’re not shocked”
“The minute they left town everybody started speculating,” she said.

Matt Lucas, managing editor of the Pike County News Watchman said
"the process is just beginning and it’s not over by a long stretch, it’s in the early stages as far as closure.”

Phil Fulton, pastor at Union Hill Church in Adams County, said he was “ecstatic” when he found out about the arrests.

Kelly Cinereski, an Alaskan pastor and friend of the family, told the Dayton Daily News he was shocked by their arrests. "These people wept over dogs, I can't imagine them taking people's lives," he said.

Pike County investigation: 8 deaths and multiple arrests were tied to one key factor — child custody

At the time the Wagners had left Ohio for Alaska’s remote Kenai peninsula locals felt their suspicions — that a family once friendly with the Rhodens could be suspects in their cold-blooded murders — could be true.

Pirul Patel, the owner of the local Sunoco station said they came to her store for gasoline, Subway sandwiches, and cigarettes.

When she learned about the arrests from Wednesday morning’s local newspaper, Patel said she was shocked.

That scared me because I see them all the time,” she said. “I can’t believe that would happen.”

Last edited:
At long last, murder charges bring relief, healing to Pike County

Bill Harbert, a barber said the arrests amounted to “putting a band-aid on an open wound. It’s definitely trying to heal itself now.”
“We feel a little safer now, thinking that they’re off the street,

Saundra Ford, a co-worker of Dana Rhoden’s, said the community’s attention turned to the Wagners when they moved to Alaska last year. We’re not shocked”
“The minute they left town everybody started speculating,” she said.

But while the community is feeling relief, it may be a while before they get closure, said Matt Lucas, managing editor of the Pike County News Watchman.

Phil Fulton, pastor at Union Hill Church in Adams County, said he was “ecstatic” when he found out about the arrests.

Kelly Cinereski, an Alaskan pastor and friend of the family, told the Dayton Daily News he was shocked by their arrests. "These people wept over dogs, I can't imagine them taking people's lives," he said.

Pike County investigation: 8 deaths and multiple arrests were tied to one key factor — child custody

At the time, the Wagners had left Ohio for Alaska’s remote Kenai peninsula. It was then that locals felt their suspicions — that a family once friendly with the Rhodens could be suspects in their cold-blooded murders — could be true.

Pirul Patel, the owner of the local Sunoco station. said, they came to her store for gasoline, Subway sandwiches, and cigarettes.

When she learned about the arrests from Wednesday morning’s local newspaper, Patel said she was shocked.

“That scared me because I see them all the time,” she said. “I can’t believe that would happen.”

Thanks, Cool. Good to know that the community feels a sense of relief and seemed to have suspected the Ws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke