OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #51

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just getting ready to run errands before I checked in here. Will stay and see if I can transcribe. I'm putting headphones on.

Thanks for the link, Loomis!

ETA: LOL, I can even go check the mailbox with my bluetooth speaker.

Some woman in background (can't see) is talking about traveling, being able to go somewhere. A man asks her how far it is from South Webster to someplace, she talks about Oak Hill and Portsmouth.

What does that mean that she has her eyes covered? Blind justice? Not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

I think this is RN talking to her attorney.

Artist did a good job of painting the flag.

Oops, they stopped talking.

Talking about a long trip from somewhere.

"I think all the action takes place in there" referring to judge's chambers

Men indistinct crosstalk, said something about Fredericka.

Last edited:
Well yes and no.I had,had a link,but it would be against TOS to post it.But I think it was Dewine himself who said his wife had to tell him what those little houses at FR were for.

I had a link below:

Ohio AG: Unknown if cockfighting, marijuana grows are relevant in killings

Excerpt:

The one thing I saw were chickens out there. These would be cockfighting chickens,” he said explaining his wife, Fran DeWine, could identify the types of coops used for fighting chickens from the aerial views of the scene shown on television.

Last edited:
Judge Deering in, reading intro

Parties have resolved everything.

Ordered transcript of RN's GJ testimony, has been done. Pages 2-8 have not been provided, but they don't include any testimony. Defense wants those provided, state is objecting because none of her testimony is on pages 2-8.

Court ruling pages 2-8 don't have to be provided.

Balance has been provided.

He has audio interview of agents interviews of RN. He also wants audio of RN's GJ testimony. AC says he didn't ask for that, he has written portion.

AC says technically it can be done. Judge says to provide the audio portion of RN's GJ testimony.

Discussed counsel only material. Defense wanted that to be removed.

Agreement reached will still make it counsel only, but he can review the contents of those documents with her in his office, but not give her copies of the docs. Gerlach agrees. Pertains to GJ testimony and handwriting expert.

Forensic report of (RN's?) computer. Copy has been provided to defense, certain info redacted. Defense wants it included, state's objection related to relevance. Agreement that 1 part will be unredacted. Prosecution will provide unredacted to judge for his ruling whether all or only part should be redacted.

AC agreed to send unredacted part she already approved to Gerlach today.

Criminal Rule 16K
Curriculum vitae of experts, counsel has provided. Defense says CV's dont contain info about case numbers where some of these experts have testified before. AC suggests they have a conversation about it.

Judge is reading the law, says it only requires a summary of expert witness qualifications. Judge says summary is all that's required, if there's a valid argument, they can bring it up at trial. 3 experts CV's at issue. Judge rules for state on that one, says defense can cross examine expert witnesses about that at trial.

Trial Date

Junk says need a new date because lead investigator can't make it. Trial date will be moved to another date. If agreed, court will approve. Can be done within 30 days of current scheduled date of Oct 21.

Nothing further adjourned

Last edited:
Judge Deering in, reading intro

Parties have resolved everything.

Ordered transcript of RN's GJ testimony, has been done. Pages 2-8 have not been provided, but they don't include any testimony. Defense wants those provided, state is objecting because none of her testimony is on pages 2-8.

Court ruling pages 2-8 don't have to be provided.

Balance has been provided.

He has audio interview of agents interviews of RN. He also wants audio of RN's GJ testimony. AC says he didn't ask for that, he has written portion.

AC says technically it can be done. Judge says to provide the audio portion of RN's GJ testimony.

Discussed counsel only material. Defense wanted that to be removed.

Agreement reached will still make it counsel only, but he can review the contents of those documents with her in his office, but not give her copies of the docs. Gerlach agrees. Pertains to GJ testimony and handwriting expert.

Forensic report of (RN's?) computer. Copy has been provided to defense, certain info redacted. Defense wants it included, state's objection related to relevance. Agreement that 1 part will be unredacted. Prosecution will provide unredacted to judge for his ruling whether all or only part should be redacted.

AC agreed to send unredacted part she already approved to Gerlach today.

Criminal Rule 16K
Curriculum vitae of experts, counsel has provided. Defense says CV's dont contain info about case numbers where some of these experts have testified before. AC suggests they have a conversation about it.

Judge is reading the law, says it only requires a summary of expert witness qualifications. Judge says summary is all that's required, if there's a valid argument, they can bring it up at trial. 3 experts CV's at issue. Judge rules for state on that one, says defense can cross examine expert witnesses about that at trial.

Trial Date

Junk says need a new date because lead investigator can't make it. Trial date will be moved to another date. If agreed, court will approve. Can be done within 30 days of current scheduled date of Oct 21.

Nothing further adjourned
Thank you so much Betty! If I could like this twice I would!

I always thought Grand Jury proceedings were guaranteed to be secret. IMO, seems many rulings on these motions contradict that. But I have limited knowledge about this stuff.

(IIRC, FW's attorney actually wanted names of GJ members. Of course it was not granted though)

Does it happen often that defense team asks for live recordings and/or transcripts of GJ proceedings?

I always thought Grand Jury proceedings were guaranteed to be secret. IMO, seems many rulings on these motions contradict that. But I have limited knowledge about this stuff.

(IIRC, FW's attorney actually wanted names of GJ members. Of course it was not granted though)

Does it happen often that defense team asks for live recordings and/or transcripts of GJ proceedings?

IDK, but some of us researched this on the internet a while back. IIRC, information shared about GJ proceedings is kept secret. There are some small exceptions, like this - a defendant's own testimony - but for the most part it's still kept secret. Most articles site a few Supreme Court cases (IIRC) that confirm this, especially about identity of people who serve on the jury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke