OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #51

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which of the four is the one "None of us were anywhere near that place that night. "

Good catch, Dudly. I'm speculating FW meant "that place" was CRsr's home, because during the interview she seemed kind of obsessed with making a point of CRsr and BW's alleged friendship. That BW being best friends with CRsr made her whole family vulnerable to being murdered as well, hence the purchase of the bullet-proof vests. At the time of that interview, the BPV and her court case were a big deal.
JMO/MOO

The buyer asked the price of the horse she wanted to buy and Angela quoted a price. So soon after the buyer gets a phone call and it's from Fred! Fred said that Angie quoted the wrong price, that this was a prized more valuable horse and is selling for a higher amount than what she was quoted. The buyer could buy the horse but at the higher price.
So the buyer told Fred no way and ended the call. So a short time later Fred calls again and says she changed her mind, the buyer can have the horse at the original quoted lower price. So the buyer bought the horse.
Just my opinion, but that's a typical scam operation - quote one price, then when the party is interested, say sorry, can't sell it for that - hoping to hook the higher price. All to say, my opinion only, that FW and AW were long experienced at running price-change scams. The people who got gouged aren't going to come forward to say, "oh, they snookered me, too!"

In other words, FW and AW are long-time partners - FW has to be very careful not to say the wrong thing, because AW'd sell her out to LE (or the IRS) in a heartbeat, jmo. MOO - but their partnership makes me think FW is more involved than we imagine, if the W4 are the murderers.

I think I am misunderstanding. Did she say that one of them was unaccounted for that night? I'm sorry, I've not watched the her hearing.
The four she is referring to isn’t a person, it’s a place. There were four murder scenes. The poster is asking which one and another poster replied with Chris Sr.

Just my opinion, but that's a typical scam operation - quote one price, then when the party is interested, say sorry, can't sell it for that - hoping to hook the higher price. All to say, my opinion only, that FW and AW were long experienced at running price-change scams. The people who got gouged aren't going to come forward to say, "oh, they snookered me, too!"

In other words, FW and AW are long-time partners - FW has to be very careful not to say the wrong thing, because AW'd sell her out to LE (or the IRS) in a heartbeat, jmo. MOO - but their partnership makes me think FW is more involved than we imagine, if the W4 are the murderers.

Good observation! Didn't realize there was such a scheme, but it fits. Both women sold "boutique" (for lack of a better word) animals. They probably had a lot in common. Having some kind of side business for extra money seems typical for the area, understandably so given the unpredictable local economy. I doubt there was much that went on in that area that FW wasn't aware of. The same probably applied to her husband when he was alive and healthy. Not to say they were involved in any illegal business, but they were high ranking people in the community and likely knew a lot about other people's business enterprises.

FW has promoted the "cartel" theory, one which doesn't really hold water any longer. CR1 and KR's grow op wasn't big enough to represent a challenge to any big time drug dealers. But she made reference to ISIS and cartels when defending buying the BPVs, as you say, inferring it was because Billy Wagner and Chris Rhoden Sr were friends and business partners.

Interesting, I looked up Linda Richter and her expertise is pretty specialized. I'm assuming this is the same LR that has been called in by the defense team.

"Applied social and public health research into the effects of adversity on children and families is the major focus of Professor Linda Richter’s work, particularly with regard to early child development and the role of men and fathers in child development."

I'm speculating they are angling at Billy's influence on IV's childhood.

https://www.nrf.ac.za/content/professor-linda-richter

‘With all do respect for your thoughts, JMOO, but I don’t think our Ohio budget would pay to get a professional who is currently employed in South Africa. Think maybe this is another professional with a similar name.

Good observation! Didn't realize there was such a scheme, but it fits. Both women sold "boutique" (for lack of a better word) animals. They probably had a lot in common. Having some kind of side business for extra money seems typical for the area, understandably so given the unpredictable local economy. I doubt there was much that went on in that area that FW wasn't aware of. The same probably applied to her husband when he was alive and healthy. Not to say they were involved in any illegal business, but they were high ranking people in the community and likely knew a lot about other people's business enterprises.

FW has promoted the "cartel" theory, one which doesn't really hold water any longer. CR1 and KR's grow op wasn't big enough to represent a challenge to any big time drug dealers. But she made reference to ISIS and cartels when defending buying the BPVs, as you say, inferring it was because Billy Wagner and Chris Rhoden Sr were friends and business partners.

Will be interesting to see this grow op...
A few dozen plants...a warehouse...underground facilities???

Will be interesting to see this grow op...
A few dozen plants...a warehouse...underground facilities???

Yeah, I'm not sure it was all that big. We do know part of it was in that little shed that KR had near his camper/home.
Just some trays with a few small plants, IIRC. Perhaps CR1 had something larger, but photos from the crime scene that day only showed the BCI crime scene inspectors looking at an old shed, etc. behind CR1's trailer. Yes, it will be interesting to finally hear the details about that. Looking back at discovery, it doesn't appear any evidence on the lists is related to the grow ops.

Wonder what the large item was that LE was dragging out of the woods behind CR's? Pretty sure I recall two trucks moving it, one pulling, one pushing. It was seen in the aerial news video on 4/22 or 4/23. Don't have a link so this is my opinion based upon watching the news coverage.

PS- I knew the posted video was a parody, but one can always hope. Potential test subjects are lined up and awaiting confirmation by a jury of their peers.

ADMIN NOTE to answer some queries we've had about discussion of the death penalty ...

General discussion of the death penalty is not allowed at Websleuths. For members who say they've discussed it before and their post was not removed, your post was only a non-issue because WS staff were not made aware of your post.

Like religion, gun control, race, politics, discussion of the DP is just one of those issues that will never be resolved through discussion on this website. In our experience, such discussion leads to nothing but bickering among members.

You may refer to the fact that the prosecution is seeking the DP in this case but you may not get into discussion of your personal opinions/beliefs in that regard.

Thanks.

Yeah, I'm not sure it was all that big. We do know part of it was in that little shed that KR had near his camper/home.
Just some trays with a few small plants, IIRC. Perhaps CR1 had something larger, but photos from the crime scene that day only showed the BCI crime scene inspectors looking at an old shed, etc. behind CR1's trailer. Yes, it will be interesting to finally hear the details about that. Looking back at discovery, it doesn't appear any evidence on the lists is related to the grow ops.

I think that shed is where the hog was kept. They mentioned one being on the property. I figured any indoor grow would have to have been in the mobile home and/or above the garage where CRsr worked on cars.

Wonder what the large item was that LE was dragging out of the woods behind CR's? Pretty sure I recall two trucks moving it, one pulling, one pushing. It was seen in the aerial news video on 4/22 or 4/23. Don't have a link so this is my opinion based upon watching the news coverage.

PS- I knew the posted video was a parody, but one can always hope. Potential test subjects are lined up and awaiting confirmation by a jury of their peers.

I don't recall that, does anyone else? Was it a video or still photo? I recall reading they removed some earth moving equipment that belonged to CR1, some of which hasn't been returned.

Eight unsolved murders in Pike County, Ohio

James and Leonard (Manley) said authorities still haven’t returned the backhoe, Bobcat, and other heavy equipment that they confiscated early on in the investigation.

I think that shed is where the hog was kept. They mentioned one being on the property. I figured any indoor grow would have to have been in the mobile home and/or above the garage where CRsr worked on cars.

Going back through old news articles, it's amazing how many different details about the grow op were reported. From one site to 3 sites, thousands of MJ plants to 100. One news story said some of the grow sites were in the woods, etc.:D

We'll probably find out during the trials, but I no longer hazard any guesses about which report is accurate. :cool:

I don't recall that, does anyone else? Was it a video or still photo? I recall reading they removed some earth moving equipment that belonged to CR1, some of which hasn't been returned.

BBM

BBM

Found the video:

From 1:00 to 2:10

BBM

I've been checking the news video from that time and still haven't found it. I don't recall seeing it, either.

I did find this CBS News report/interview with DeWine and Reader asking about threats made to Chris Jr on Facebook before the murders. It makes me wonder about the fake social media accounts and the ones that the Wagners, specifically, JW, hacked in the days before and after the murders. Apparently LE tracked all of that online activity and traced it back to some of the 4 Wagners. Now, that will be interesting to see when the trials begin - all the comments and posts they made on other people's accounts, fake texts, messages and emails, etc.

Found the video:

From 1:00 to 2:10

Ok, I've seen this video before. Are you looking at some vehicles at the very top of the video frame? I can't tell if those are moving or whether it's an illusion created by old vehicles behind trees that change because of the movement of the helicopter as it circles the scene. At the end, once the camera pulls back to a wide shot, the vehicles aren't moving. IDK.

In the foreground are the BCI crime scene investigators (NOT wearing hazmat suits). They're looking around the black shed-like building, which many of us speculated held one of the grow ops.

ETA: That's one of the better helo videos from very early after the murders, giving a good view of the 2 UHR crime scenes. Recall, after a while, LE stopped the news copters from flying over the scenes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member