OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #51

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Haz-Mat suit guys seemed to be standing near a garage size cabin with a peaked roof.
To the right (downhill) side of the cabin is what looks to me, a semi-trailer.
There is also a schoolbus in the vicinity and maybe a lot more chicken coops.

Ok, I've seen this video before. Are you looking at some vehicles at the very top of the video frame? I can't tell if those are moving or whether it's an illusion created by old vehicles behind trees that change because of the movement of the helicopter as it circles the scene. At the end, once the camera pulls back to a wide shot, the vehicles aren't moving. IDK.

In the foreground are the BCI crime scene investigators (NOT wearing hazmat suits). They're looking around the black shed-like building, which many of us speculated held one of the grow ops.

ETA: That's one of the better helo videos from very early after the murders, giving a good view of the 2 UHR crime scenes. Recall, after a while, LE stopped the news copters from flying over the scenes.

At 1:40 the silver truck in the rear is farther from the shed where BCI is standing, at 2:05, the silver truck is closer to the shed. If it was camera angle, the truck would appear farther away at 2:10, because the chopper moved left. There's a lot more green in front of the truck at 1:00 than at 2:10. Silver truck begins approx. 100ft from the shed, and stops very near the corner of the semi trailer.

The bluish/teal truck behind the other barn moves at the same speed as the truck in the rear, and also stops at the same time. Really hard to catch because the camera pans back as the trucks stop.

Admittedly, the silver truck is at an odd angle to be pushing, unless it's job is stop the object from sliding down a slope.

Seems the videos lose some resolution when viewed on this site, but the site automatically embeds youtube. It's easier to see on YT.

It doesn't matter, it could come out at trial. I was just interested to see if anyone had any new ideas on it.

edit: changed times and added semi trailer instead of shed. There's also a person walking ahead of the object at the semi trailer. Object looks to have two wide straps or bands across the top.

Last edited:
The Haz-Mat suit guys seemed to be standing near a garage size cabin with a peaked roof.
To the right (downhill) side of the cabin is what looks to me, a semi-trailer.
There is also a schoolbus in the vicinity and maybe a lot more chicken coops.

Yes, those crime scene photos and video on UHR and LFR are such a puzzle for now. We've spent endless weeks discussing the different buildings, etc. There was speculation about grow ops being on a bus, also in one of the trailers. Wherever it was located out there, it would have needed either a lot of natural light and/or some electrical wiring for grow lights. If grow lights, it would need to be contained in a windowless building or trailer, etc.

Seeing the wrecker in front of CR1's trailer now makes me wonder if any of the Wags hid behind it while one went to knock on the door.

BBM

Wonder what the large item was that LE was dragging out of the woods behind CR's? Pretty sure I recall two trucks moving it, one pulling, one pushing. It was seen in the aerial news video on 4/22 or 4/23. Don't have a link so this is my opinion based upon watching the news coverage.

I remember this, but I don't think it was ever identified. JMO

I remember this, but I don't think it was ever identified. JMO

I wish I could find the footage. I remember a truck moving very slowly, slight difficulty, with something large and apparently real heavy in the back. Speculation was a heavy safe. Lot's of conjecture about a safe. In fact there was a safe removed-- it was listed in a police invoice that someone posted.

Last edited:
I wish I could find the footage. I remember a truck moving very slowly, slight difficulty, with something large and apparently real heavy in the back. Speculation was a heavy safe. Lot's of conjecture about a safe. In fact there was a safe removed-- it was listed in a police invoice that someone posted.

I believe the large safe was secured inside CR's trailer, a contractor was paid to do that.. Wasn't the invoice pretty high for that part of the operation? $5000-11,000?

I believe the large safe was secured inside CR's trailer, a contractor was paid to do that.. Wasn't the invoice pretty high for that part of the operation? $5000-11,000?

What was in the truck was speculation, could'a been the safe though, because the safe was somewhere on the property and there appear to be buildings hidden in the back behind the trees so you never know where it could have been. Maybe the invoice would mention, as you say, it being secured in Chris's trailer.

Someone on Websleuths posted an invoice that mentioned the safe but I can't remember the price for moving it. But like moving a piano-- your right--you have to hire a contractor/movers with the right equipment.

I'm looking back at old WS posts from around that time, very interesting reading. Seeing if I can dig up anything about the safe or the footage of the truck moving something behind Chris's house.

What was in the truck was speculation, could'a been the safe though, because the safe was somewhere on the property and there appear to be buildings hidden in the back behind the trees so you never know where it could have been. Maybe the invoice would mention, as you say, it being secured in Chris's trailer.

Someone on Websleuths posted an invoice that mentioned the safe but I can't remember the price for moving it. But like moving a piano-- your right--you have to hire a contractor/movers with the right equipment.

I'm looking back at old WS posts from around that time, very interesting reading. Seeing if I can dig up anything about the safe or the footage of the truck moving something behind Chris's house.

I posted the video on the previous page.

Found the video:

From 1:00 to 2:10

I watched it about six times and don't see anything being moved. The silver truck is slowly driving forward with people walking in front and along side it. There are a lot of people walking in that area. I think that would have been awfully early in the investigation for things to be moved from their locations. They were still trying to see what all had to be processed at that time. My opinion only...

I watched it about six times and don't see anything being moved. The silver truck is slowly driving forward with people walking in front and along side it. There are a lot of people walking in that area. I think that would have been awfully early in the investigation for things to be moved from their locations. They were still trying to see what all had to be processed at that time. My opinion only...

One thing I never noticed is that the big white barn, looks to have open spaces on the back side. Idk if they wanted it that way, or if it had torn it down, as part of the process, by the time the cameras got there. Another thing I noticed, is that the black barn, starting @ 1:25, has major activity around it. That barn is hard to see too. That might be where they kept the plants. I think what they were rolling around is chicken house barrel to get it out of the way.

If you see the silver truck moving ... You don't see the white 'box' with black bands moving with the truck?

edit: The box looks to be taller than the hood of the truck. Also, the side of the truck looks caved in ... from the box?

Haven't found the invoice for the safe, it may have been scrubbed, however:

The Pike County spending included:
Ohio AG Office: ‘unable to identify’ all Pike County costs

• $12,994.00 for vehicle and mobile home towing
  • $25,148.36 for rental fees, portable restrooms, surveillance cameras, fuel, coolers, undercover truck, and bed bug treatments for one of the Rhoden crime scenes
  • $97,498 to two contractors to move the crime scenes, secure the Union Hill and Left Fork Road properties and evidence preservation
  • $69,130.79 for overtime pay for Pike County deputies.
  • The Pike County spending records on the Rhoden investigation reached $204,771.15, according to the expense records provided by the Pike County sheriff.

Haven't found the invoice for the safe, it may have been scrubbed, however:

The Pike County spending included:
Ohio AG Office: ‘unable to identify’ all Pike County costs

• $12,994.00 for vehicle and mobile home towing
  • $25,148.36 for rental fees, portable restrooms, surveillance cameras, fuel, coolers, undercover truck, and bed bug treatments for one of the Rhoden crime scenes
  • $97,498 to two contractors to move the crime scenes, secure the Union Hill and Left Fork Road properties and evidence preservation
  • $69,130.79 for overtime pay for Pike County deputies.
  • The Pike County spending records on the Rhoden investigation reached $204,771.15, according to the expense records provided by the Pike County sheriff.
Thanks Col for researching for video of truck and invoice information.

If you see the silver truck moving ... You don't see the white 'box' with black bands moving with the truck?

edit: The box looks to be taller than the hood of the truck. Also, the side of the truck looks caved in ... from the box?

What is the time frame that you're looking at if you don't mind. I'm missing it for some reason. I'm looking at around the minute and a half mark.

What is the time frame that you're looking at if you don't mind. I'm missing it for some reason. I'm looking at around the minute and a half mark.

Try 1:40 to 2:10. I doubt anyone can make it out if using a phone or tablet. It's in the right side of the shot, ends up closer to the bunny suit guys.

edit - Seems strange, this early on the 22nd, and they are moving something out already? This report was at 12:49pm on April 22, even before KR was found. Bottom of the screen says "2 adults, 5 children killed".

Last edited:
I remember seeing a picture of a yellow house no longer lived in on the property.

636118217795087496-Chapter-1-little-yellow-house-Rhoden-family0013.jpg

Aug. 25, 2016: The boarded-up little yellow house where Clarence Rhoden once lived sits abandoned on Union Hill Road in Pike County.
THE ENQUIRER/CARRIE COCHRAN

This house is next to the big white building on Chris's property. See in this photo yellow bus behind it:

d1623663443fba49e2b0fd7ab0a2e5d1

636118247914430703-Chapter-2-little-yellow-house013333.jpg

Tony (Tony Rhoden Chris's brother) steeled himself as he stood outside that little yellow house back in the summer. He hadn’t stepped foot inside since his dad Clarence died eight years before.
He went in search of a piece of his family’s heritage, for something to hold onto.

He inhaled deeply and walked up to the house, its paint peeling more than he remembered. He looked at the particle board.
Patient and strong and alone, he methodically worked the nails out of the board and lifted it just enough to slip inside.

He walked across the threshold.
Not much had changed. There were Kenneth’s things, left after he moved out and into his own place on Left Folk Road. A few of his dad’s were there, too.

But he couldn’t find that one thing he came seeking: The white leather-bound family Bible, with photos of happier times stuffed between its pages; and maybe family birthdates and other notes scribbled just inside its cover.

It didn’t take him long to check the rooms before he knew it wasn’t there. It’s most likely in one of those trailers the authorities towed away.
At least he hopes it is.

He fastened the board back in place, brushed the dust and cobwebs off his shirt and headed back down Union Hill Road leaving as he had come.
Empty handed

Pike County: Death in the foothills
CHRIS GRAVES | CINCINNATI ENQUIRER
Originally Published 5:16 p.m. EDT Oct. 15, 2016
Updated 2:42 p.m. EST Nov. 13, 2018

Last edited:

I've got a gaming laptop w/a large screen and I see what you are talking about. Idk what it is but it is moving rather unwieldy, am I right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova