OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It said 18 or 19 days before in the article
How do they know that? I understand it as the date appearing in the document. If the document was forged, then it could have forged anytime.

Only the persons who forged it would know for sure. RN will tell if she is cooperating as it appears. But i don't believe the truth is public information yet.

Prosecutor Angela Canepa said in Pike County Common Pleas Court that a handwriting expert concluded that Newcomb did not sign the documents herself. Canepa said Newcomb admitted to falsely telling a grand jury and investigators that she did so only because her daughter — Angela Wagner, who is among those charged with the killings — told her to.
Even before prompted to say something on her own behalf, Newcomb told Judge Randy D. Deering that she changed her plea because, “It’s not a good Christian thing to lie and I couldn’t live with it anymore.”

Grandmother charged in Rhoden case reaches plea deal with prosecutors

The documents were forged. But when? Before or after the murders?

Is it possible they were forged AFTER the murders and dated earlier to ensure he would get custody?

If this is so, how far does it go in proving the Ws committed the murder?

One could argue he's guilty of gaining custody of the child illegaly but not necessarily guilty of murder.

He did not need any documents to get custody after the murders. All he would need is proof he was the father. Proof he was the only man that accepted her as his daughter and that he was the person she considered her father may have been enough.

I'm not sure which signatures were forged - whether it was RN's on the notary docs or HMRs on the custody/guardianship docs. JMO, it was the latter and RN notarized the fake signature. That's the way I heard it, but ICBW.

Either way, I hope RN is safe in the coming weeks and months. Even though the 4W's are locked up, FW is still out.

I was a little unnerved when Gerlach enthusiastically asked the Judge if it would be ok for RN to have contact now with Fredericka, as if they wanted to get together right away. I think he was shocked when the Judge said 'No'.
Betty, I believe AC said that a handwriting expert deduced that the signature wasn't RN's. They went back several years with her signature, to compare.

Today was a big win for the Prosecution Team - at least I see it that way.
A win for Rita too. She seemed very relieved.
And a win for Rita is a win for Gerlach (never thought I’d be saying that)

Rita did the right thing and admitted that she lied to the GJ and said why she did it. She would not likely have been charged with anything to begin with had she not lied... She made herself right with the Court and with her God and got most of the charges dropped... I believe she was scared to death that she would go to prison over lying for AW...

I
‘IANAL but if she admits it wasn’t her signature then she didn’t notarize it and therefore it’s only her word. AW must have used the stamp and copied RN’s signature. At least the docs are now known to be forged.
And I would say there is your motive right there! All about custody! What a shame that they destroyed those babies lives in the process. I would say that I gained some respect today for Rita, yet she didn’t tell the truth because she felt remorse for the victims, no she told the truth because she didn’t want to go to jail! My opinion only.

Rita did the right thing and admitted that she lied to the GJ and said why she did it. She would not likely have been charged with anything to begin with had she not lied... She made herself right with the Court and with her God and got most of the charges dropped... I believe she was scared to death that she would go to prison over lying for AW...

Oh My, to see the 4W's faces when they got/get the news :eek:

Prosecutor Angela Canepa said in Pike County Common Pleas Court that a handwriting expert concluded that Newcomb did not sign the documents herself. Canepa said Newcomb admitted to falsely telling a grand jury and investigators that she did so only because her daughter — Angela Wagner, who is among those charged with the killings — told her to.
Even before prompted to say something on her own behalf, Newcomb told Judge Randy D. Deering that she changed her plea because, “It’s not a good Christian thing to lie and I couldn’t live with it anymore.”

Grandmother charged in Rhoden case reaches plea deal with prosecutors
The way I see it is this is the first brick to fall in the defense of the W4's. Angie told her mother to lie and say that she (Rita) signed the documents. Why would Angie want her mother to lie and risk jail time unless she is guilty of the murders and is trying to cover up her participation and the participation of her sons and husband in the murders. I can see the defense wall of all 4 Wags starting to crumble after today. Rita will testify against her daughter who will be made to look guilty because if she is not guilty of the murders why ask her mother to lie? I really think more plea deals will come out of this. Namely George who had the least to gain by the murders. If he takes a plea deal in exchange for his testimony then it's all over but the crying.

JMO

He did not need any documents to get custody after the murders. All he would need is proof he was the father. Proof he was the only man that accepted her as his daughter and that he was the person she considered her father may have been enough.
Unless....he can't provide proof he is the father. In that case he would need a backup document to show the court.

JMO

Betty, I believe AC said that a handwriting expert deduced that the signature wasn't RN's. They went back several years with her signature, to compare.

Thanks for the clarification! I missed that part of the testimony, when AC was talking. I had people over, busy this afternoon and evening!

There's still quite a bit of missing information and we may not hear all of it until the trials for the 4W begin. But, yes, this was a solid win for the prosecution! JMO, this was the reason AC filed these charges against the grandmothers - to get someone to talk early and make the path more difficult for the 4W's. Let's hope one of them decides to make a plea agreement.

But we never found out "what's in the box?"

Grandmother in Rhoden case pleads guilty to lesser charge

I

And I would say there is your motive right there! All about custody! What a shame that they destroyed those babies lives in the process. I would say that I gained some respect today for Rita, yet she didn’t tell the truth because she felt remorse for the victims, no she told the truth because she didn’t want to go to jail! My opinion only.
I saw Rita look back at the family, before the hearing started, and after it was over she put her hand lightly on Mrs. R's arm, at the doorway, when she was leaving. I believe she wanted to say she was sorry. Then again, I may have too much empathy. ;)

Thanks for the clarification! I missed that part of the testimony, when AC was talking. I had people over, busy this afternoon and evening!

There's still quite a bit of missing information and we may not hear all of it until the trials for the 4W begin. But, yes, this was a solid win for the prosecution! JMO, this was the reason AC filed these charges against the grandmothers - to get someone to talk early and make the path more difficult for the 4W's. Let's hope one of them decides to make a plea agreement.

But we never found out "what's in the box?"

Grandmother in Rhoden case pleads guilty to lesser charge
I hope you haven't suffered any water damage, Betty. Water is messy enough.

I'm not sure which signatures were forged - whether it was RN's on the notary docs or HMRs on the custody/guardianship docs. JMO, it was the latter and RN notarized the fake signature. That's the way I heard it, but ICBW.

Either way, I hope RN is safe in the coming weeks and months. Even though the 4W's are locked up, FW is still out.

I was a little unnerved when Gerlach enthusiastically asked the Judge if it would be ok for RN to have contact now with Fredericka, as if they wanted to get together right away. I think he was shocked when the Judge said 'No'.

Canepa said handwriting experts could tell it was not Rita's signature on the custody documents and signature means signing your own name. Rita's actual name/signature was forged.

Someone also would have forged Hanna's actual name/signature as well.

Opinion.

Oh, she flipped on AW

Judge talking about obstruction of justice charge now. Is this the one she will plead guilty to?

What if it were to help out in the trial of one of her grandsons? It only says that she asked her to lie that it was she, RN, who signed them. I believe it's possible that JW had access to his grandmother's stamp and used said stamp. RN has seen the light no matter who signed the docs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UncleGrump