OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be willing to bet sentencing was delayed so AC can see how much RN will spill the beans. AC said RN will provide the Prosecution with info. in exchange for the other charges being dropped...[/QUOTE]
BBM I have to watch it again, I missed this part. :(

I suddenly feel somewhat sorry for RN. She was taken advantage of.

Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems RN probably didn't know
the 4 W's committed these crimes until the arrests.

I don't think RN knew the half of what her daughter had done or what AW was capable of. AW was perfectly fine with letting her innocent mother stand trial and do time.

ETA clarify

Last edited:
:eek:Rita flipped. She is going to cooperate with the State. Angela set her mom up. Rita's signature was faked!!!!:eek:

Now I get why Angela told Rita not to testify against them in those phone calls--she was afraid her mom would flip!!!:eek:

Wow just wow.....
Wait so Rita didn't sign? Does this mean that Angie stole Rita's notary stamp and forged her signature on the custody documents? So Rita is saying she never saw Hanna, Jake or George sign anything and she never notarized any documents for them, custody or otherwise? Oh my. What kind of person steals from her own elderly mother and sets her up for a forgery charge that she could go to prison for? Looks like Rita started thinking it over and probably on the advice from her own mother and other children she decided to cut Angie loose and let her take the fall for her own actions. Will she now testify for the prosecution? If she does will others follow? Namely George since he didn't seem to have a dog in that fight anyway and has a young son he is worried about?

JMO

Amended charge of obstructing official business comes from the fact she admitted she lied to the Grand Jury about signatures.

She's pleading guilty to 2 charges - Obstruction of Justice and Obstructing Official Business.

No sentencing today, hearing later.

AC requests she remain on bond, but allow her to get rid of house arrest and ankle monitor. Other conditions remain - she can't talk to others in the case, including Fredericka, or 4 Ws. Gerlach wanted RN to be able to talk to Fredericka.

No contact with all previously ordered to have no contact with, including victim's families.

Wonder why RN would want to talk to Fredericka?

More from Angenette Levy - Twitter
Newcomb has acknowledged that she was not the individual who signed the 3 separate custody documents at issue in the case. Newcomb is a notary. She had been asked to say that it was her signature by Angela Wagner, her daughter, according to prosecution
@Local12
The custody/guardianship documents in question granted custody to an individual should the parents of the children die. Those documents, according to the indictment, were signed 19 days before the Rhoden murders. @Local12
The documents appointed a guardian for the daughter of Hanna Rhoden and Jake Wagner and the son of Jake's brother, George, in the event of their deaths. (Don't be surprised with the prosecution says Angela Wagner was the appointed guardian on those documents) @Local12
This is a lot to take in. So Rita didn't notarize the documents but when it came down to it she lied to the grand jury and said she did to cover for her daughter.

So basically Rita was innocent of any wrongdoing before the murders and probably didn't even know about the custody documents before the murders. It's a possibility she didn't know about them until long after the murders either. Maybe not until she got in front of the grand jury.

But then when asked she lied for her daughter. While I don't approve of her doing that I can see why she would. Angie is her child. I feel Rita should do her time or serve her probation for lying to the GJ but at this time I feel she did not know about the murders in advance and maybe not until long afterward. At this time, in my own mind, I feel Rita is innocent of having any part in the murders so I will be treating her more as a victim now.

JMO

The documents were forged. But when? Before or after the murders?

Is it possible they were forged AFTER the murders and dated earlier to ensure he would get custody?

If this is so, how far does it go in proving the Ws committed the murder?

One could argue he's guilty of gaining custody of the child illegaly but not necessarily guilty of murder.

This is a lot to take in. So Rita didn't notarize the documents but when it came down to it she lied to the grand jury and said she did to cover for her daughter.

So basically Rita was innocent of any wrongdoing before the murders and probably didn't even know about the custody documents before the murders. It's a possibility she didn't know about them until long after the murders either. Maybe not until she got in front of the grand jury.

But then when asked she lied for her daughter. While I don't approve of her doing that I can see why she would. Angie is her child. I feel Rita should do her time or serve her probation for lying to the GJ but at this time I feel she did not know about the murders in advance and maybe not until long afterward. At this time, in my own mind, I feel Rita is innocent of having any part in the murders so I will be treating her more as a victim now.

JMO
I agree, Raisin, and I will be looking at her as a victim also. I don't think her conscience could take it anymore so she did the right thing.

IANAL, but in moo, RN will not have much more to add unless she heard the W4 say where things were hidden. She is not able to travel cuz she has no transportation so any info she has to give would be heresay. Heresay may be enough for probable cause for warrants but cannot be used in court. Therefore I don’t see much more to be gained unless RN could divulge where things may be hidden. She could testify in court that those are not her signatures and maybe that she loaned her stamper (more likely that she “left it” at AW’s) but she won’t be able to say AW forged them if she did not witness it. Even if AW told her directly that she did it then it would still be heresay. JMOO.

The documents were forged. But when? Before or after the murders?

Is it possible they were forged AFTER the murders and dated earlier to ensure he would get custody?

If this is so, how far does it go in proving the Ws committed the murder?

One could argue he's guilty of gaining custody of the child illegaly but not necessarily guilty of murder.
It said 18 or 19 days before in the article

Wait so Rita didn't sign? Does this mean that Angie stole Rita's notary stamp and forged her signature on the custody documents? So Rita is saying she never saw Hanna, Jake or George sign anything and she never notarized any documents for them, custody or otherwise? Oh my. What kind of person steals from her own elderly mother and sets her up for a forgery charge that she could go to prison for? Looks like Rita started thinking it over and probably on the advice from her own mother and other children she decided to cut Angie loose and let her take the fall for her own actions. Will she now testify for the prosecution? If she does will others follow? Namely George since he didn't seem to have a dog in that fight anyway and has a young son he is worried about?

JMO
Rita's specific signature was faked on the documents--the prosecutions' handwriting experts agreed after looking at years of her notary signatures.

Forged most likely of course, by her loving daughter Angie because then Angie told Rita to lie and say that she signed the documents because Angie thought it would go better for her in court if Rita lied for her. In my opinion Angie didn't want to be found guilty of forgery because then it gives a motive for murder--wanting custody-- just let mom go down for that.

Now what's going on is Rita has a good plea deal going with the prosecution. Rita only gets one lesser charge and all others are dropped. But it doesn't end there, no, as part of the plea deal Rita has agreed to cooperate with the prosecution and then at a later date, after Rita gives full cooperation, the prosecution has said they will recommend a lower sentence for Rita which-- in my opinion--means no jail time. Which also means she will probably testify against Angela in Court.

Rita is off house arrest but still is under Court Services and has to check in with the Court Officer (forgot what they are called) on a regular basis, same as she has been doing all along.

This is my interpretation and opinion of the Hearing today. I might go back and transcribe some of it later word for word then put it here and in the Media Time Line with the link.

Last edited:

JMO

RN basically lied to the GJ saying the signature was hers because AW told her to say that. So RN threw AW under the bus after AW tried to do it to RN. There was mention, don't know the exact wording, that there would be information or cooperation from RN in exchange for the other charges being dropped as I understood it. It sure seems like RN was scared deeply about doing time and knowing her lying for AW got her in that situation. I believe she felt bad about lying...

JMO

I'm not sure which signatures were forged - whether it was RN's on the notary docs or HMRs on the custody/guardianship docs. JMO, it was the latter and RN notarized the fake signature. That's the way I heard it, but ICBW.

Either way, I hope RN is safe in the coming weeks and months. Even though the 4W's are locked up, FW is still out.

I was a little unnerved when Gerlach enthusiastically asked the Judge if it would be ok for RN to have contact now with Fredericka, as if they wanted to get together right away. I think he was shocked when the Judge said 'No'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member