OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #52

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Later in the hearing, when Judge Deering was greeting all the parties, he mentioned at least one of the young women worked for one of Billy W's attorneys. Possibly the other one, too.

Odd the state has to pay for special consultants to help defense attorneys sort through all the evidence when AC and her team are having to manage all 6 trials. :rolleyes:

Deering announced their names. They're from the two different attorney offices. One has been at every hearing, IIRC. It was stated at the first hearing she attended that she was working for free. Second one appeared yesterday for the first time. JMO

Like the others, she's probably had time to think and worry since the prosecution announced they had recorded the phone calls w/ AW. JMO and just speculation, but they may have picked up something in those calls that was very incriminating for RN. Enough worry about that and the results of the handwriting analysis probably pushed her enough to give up. They had too much solid evidence that she lied. When they offered her a plea down to a misdemeanor charge, she was probably ready to take it. Hard to do, considering its your child and grandchildren, but it must have seemed to her a hopeless situation.

Kind of also makes me think she wasn't aware of the murders and AW & family's involvement until later. MOO
Yes, I forgot one of the most important things---the evidence against her!
I agree Rita's big turn-around could have alot to do with Rita seeing more and more of the evidence stacked against her.

Yes the jail phone calls could play a part, why?
Because Angela prepped Rita on what to say about the custody documents and gave her buzz words to explain it, all right there for the prosecutors to hear!

I agree, CC. Something had Robin upset at the beginning and FW, too, at the end.

....Perhaps reality is finally setting in.

....Billy's not coming home for Christmas...AGAIN, this year, likely never.

....That old saying that "money can't buy happiness" turns out to be true.

It wasn't supposed to be this way! Isn't there a fine he can pay???

This is how I understood it as well.
This really made me angry.
4 terabytes of Discovery Delivered via transfer to hard drives and outlines of.

5000 items or pages I believe is the equivalent mentioned earlier.
It literally took 2 weeks to upload files when they transferred them to defense attorneys.

Besides what they may have found during the latest search (four days) at FWF. (I've heard that they found shell casings, but can't prove it). That's all I have seen reported. Plus whatever may come up due to investigating RN and FW, would complete the Discovery enough to start arguing motions.

They aren't being tried together, so I don't understand why they can defend together with the Prosecution needing to spoon feed them.

I've never followed a court case this much. Meaning pretrials, motions, etc.

Maybe this is normal. Sure can't say these defendants are not getting due process.

Excuse my blast of opinion on top of your post. But I don't understand it. It doesn't seem fair to me.

It's certainly NOT what court appointed attornies usually provide!

Like the others, she's probably had time to think and worry since the prosecution announced they had recorded the phone calls w/ AW. JMO and just speculation, but they may have picked up something in those calls that was very incriminating for RN. Enough worry about that and the results of the handwriting analysis probably pushed her enough to give up. They had too much solid evidence that she lied. When they offered her a plea down to a misdemeanor charge, she was probably ready to take it. Hard to do, considering its your child and grandchildren, but it must have seemed to her a hopeless situation.

Kind of also makes me think she wasn't aware of the murders and AW & family's involvement until later. MOO

Betty, I may be alone in this opinion, which is fine, but I don't believe for one moment that RN is innocent in all this. And I for sure don't buy that she has turned against her daughter. Attorneys get paid well for a reason. JMO

I agree, CC. Something had Robin upset at the beginning and FW, too, at the end.

....Perhaps reality is finally setting in.

....Billy's not coming home for Christmas...AGAIN, this year, likely never.

....That old saying that "money can't buy happiness" turns out to be true.

Your quote:

Wow just wow! I posted that article and quote a few times and it just really hits home..
Billy caught with alot of stolen items at his Bethel Rd. home. Items in his shed and in a trailer on the property.

And the cop wrote in his report that Billy asked if he could just pay some fine.

Well he is well far and away from using momma's money anymore to wreck havoc and pay his way out. He was arrested what? 3 times? Got suspended sentences, slaps on wrist.

Oh yah, reality is now seeping in, especially missing the 2nd Thanksgiving and Christmas. You can see F and R are both upset, no doubt.

...2 Cents....

Does anyone have a link to a video showing FW's appearance at AW's hearing in July? TIA
I have never seen anything showing Fred at any of Angela's hearings. Fred at the other hearings, yes, but not Angela's.

Anyone have a photo or video of Fred in court with Angela please post. Thankx!

BP
What really makes one think that Rita didn’t know anything about the murders before they happened is as Rita was leaving the courthouse she tried to touch Geneva on the arm as to indicate that she was sorry for what the Wagners had did to her family, JMO

Your quote:

Wow just wow! I posted that article and quote a few times and it just really hits home..
Billy caught with alot of stolen items at his Bethel Rd. home. Items in his shed and in a trailer on the property.

And the cop wrote in his report that Billy asked if he could just pay some fine.

Well he is well far and away from using momma's money anymore to wreck havoc and pay his way out. He was arrested what? 3 times? Got suspended sentences, slaps on wrist.

Oh yah, reality is now seeping in, especially missing the 2nd Thanksgiving and Christmas. You can see F and R are both upset, no doubt.

...2 Cents....

Yeah, CC...

The first part just came to me as likely being what the 4Ws are thinking. They weren't supposed to get caught, never considered it possible that "the law" might figure out all that stuff they did. How stupid.

The second part was from Billy. Truly unbelievably arrogant.

JMO

Betty, I may be alone in this opinion, which is fine, but I don't believe for one moment that RN is innocent in all this. And I for sure don't buy that she has turned against her daughter. Attorneys get paid well for a reason. JMO
Your right Loomis Rita is guiltily as sin but I really don’t think she knew that Angela and the other 3 Wagners where going to kill all the Rhodens, Rita was helping Angela and Jake still SW from Hanna just like she helped George 4th get his boy, she still should have been charged with Murder, Rita was contributing to the cause, JMO

AW hearing will be especially telling tomorrow. Her reaction to RN's confession about her telling RN to lie. Also, I look for AW's attorneys to ask for her phone and mail privileges to be restored. Hope Judge Deering will not comply, since RN has no rulings yet, not even a court date. JMO

Your right Loomis Rita is guiltily as sin but I really don’t think she knew that Angela and the other 3 Wagners where going to kill all the Rhodens, Rita was helping Angela and Jake still SW from Hanna just like she helped George 4th get his boy, she still should have been charged with Murder, Rita was contributing to the cause, JMO

Johnny, how could she not know? She was interviewed in June 2017 as the W4 were headed to AK. Then they moved back in early 2018 and lived close to RN's mom. At the time, she had to meet Jake's new wife and know she was running for her life. Then in July 2018 she was questioned by the GJ and lied. RN knew full well the W's killed 8 people in April 2016 and chose to support and hide them. All JMO

I agree! However, Robin went to all the ones through July 3, but none (of AW's) after that. IIRC.

All the Events listed on Angela's Court Docket:

11/29/2018 01:30 PM ARRAIGNMENT - (Robin Wagner goes)
01/07/2019 01:30 PM PRE-TRIAL - (RW goes)
03/20/2019 01:30 PM PRE-TRIAL - (RW goes)
05/16/2019 01:30 PM PRE-TRIAL - (RW goes)

June 26 Fred's charges dismissed

07/03/2019 01:30 PM PRE-TRIAL - (RW goes)
09/16/2019 01:30 PM MOTION - ( RW does not go)

12/11/2019 01:30 PM PRE-TRIAL - ( ? )

In looking this up it shows Robin went to 5 of Angela's court hearings and only missed one so far. We don't know if she has now stopped going altogether, or if she was just busy on September 16. So it will be interesting to see if she keeps coming to support Angela.

Fred on the other hand has missed all 6 of Angela's hearings but 4 of those hearings were during her house arrest so she could not go.
However, Fred was off house arrest for Angela's last 2 hearings so technically she has missed 2. We don't know if she had planned to never go to any of Angela's hearings, or if she was just busy July 3 and September 16. So it will be interesting to see if she shows up to any hearings..:rolleyes: o_O

Betty P said:
Check the links a ways back in the thread for news articles. They'll tell you when RNs next court date occurs. IIRC, its sometime in Jan or Feb.

I must have missed it too. In the court site it has no further court dates on it. Can you give me the dates? Or are you going to make me go back and look thru 61 pages.... :)

OR anyone else that remembers the date! :)

Wednesday, December 11th:
*Motions Hearing (@ 10am ET) - OH - Pike County 8 people dead: Christopher Rhoden, Sr. (40), his ex-wife, Dana Manley Rhoden (37), their three children, Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden (20), Christopher Jr. (16), Hanna Mae (19); Frankie's fiancée, Hannah Hazel Gilley (20), Christopher Rhoden Sr.'s brother, Kenneth Rhoden (44), & a cousin, Gary Rhoden (38). Hanna Rhoden's baby girl (5 days old), another baby (6 mos.) and a young child (3) were unharmed. (April 21-22, 2016, Pebbles) for *Edward Jacob "Jake" Wagner (26) (former boyfriend of Hanna) indicted (11/12/18), arrested (11/13/18), charged (11/15/18) & arraigned (11/27/18) with 8 counts aggravated murder, (plus gun specifications on each), 1 count conspiracy, 4 counts aggravated burglary, 1 count unlawful possession of dangerous ordnance, 3 counts evidence tampering, 1 count forgery, 1 count unauthorized use of property, 1 count interception of wire, oral or electronic communication, 1 count obstructing justice, 1 count engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity & unlawful sexual conduct with a minor. (He’s accused of engaging in sexual contact with Hanna Rhoden when she was 15 & he was 20). Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
Court hearings from 11/27/18 thru 9/17/19 reference post #620 here:
OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #51

10/8/19 Update: Judge Randy Deering heard arguments on approximately 40 motions. The motions mostly dealt with what could be included or excluded during trial and what language can be used. For example, there are two phases to a death penalty trial, often referred to as the guilt and mitigation phases. The defense didn't want the first phase to be called the guilt phase, calling it prejudicial. The defense also didn't want the prosecution to be able to include "past acts" allegedly by Jake Wagner to any of the murder victims. Crime scene photographs were also discussed. The defense said it didn't want too many of them shown to the jury. The prosecution argued that the defense was basically trying to keep them from showing any of them. Judge Deering is taking the motions under consideration. He didn't rule on any of the contested motions. The prosecution agreed with a couple of them. Fact Specific Motions / Pretrial hearing on 12/11.
*Angela Jo Wagner (48) – Pretrial hearing on 12/11.
*George Washington Wagner IV (28) – Pretrial & Scheduling conference hearing on 1/21/20.
*George Washington Wagner III (47) – Pretrial hearing on 2/11/20.
*Rita Jo Newcomb (65) – Motion hearing on 12/2. No further court dates yet as of 12/11.
*Fredericka Carol Wagner (76) – 6/26/19 Charges dismissed without prejudice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams