OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruce Daily represented Jake in his custody battle with HR. The custody battle is at the center of the charges against the Wagners.

Page 3 - Bruce Daily references:

https://html1-f.scribdassets.com/20519idjeo7ei7eq/images/3-3f2b44cc4d.jpg

Thank you, CC!
The trial of RN would be last because they will determine her sentence based on how much she helps in the other four cases. If her trial is first and she gets a lenient sentence and then her testimony is of no use, they can’t go back and change her sentence...MOO.

Thanks, Dudly!

Which one of the W4 or W/6 trials are starting in 20 days?

I don't recognize any of these names. I'm still trying to catch up!

What do E. Montgomery and B R Dailey have to do with the Rhoden murders?

I apologize...it is "P" as in Phil, or Philip Montgomery. He was the Realtor who sold the Peterson Road property for the Wagners. He also owned Cabin Fever Gun Shop on Main Street in Peebles and is a relative of a commissioner, and on it goes.

JMO

There has been no evidence presented that any defendants, except Rita Newcomb, have even come close to a plea deal, lest we forget that proof is required, not merely opinions, which should be stated as such. Come on people, question ALL things.
Thanks @Loomis124 . In my opinion, the four defendants will stand in solidarity to each other. They will pray at least one juror in each of their trials will be on their side.

RN has no future trial date. The motion you are linking to is dated 11/14/2019 referring to her last scheduled trial date of 11/18/2019. The link will only let me see the 1st page of the document. Please fill me in on the information on page 3.

That trial was cancelled when she agreed to a plea deal. If she she keeps her part of the plea deal and testifies at the W4's trial, she will be sentenced after the W4's trial are over.

You seem to be referring to BRD (Bruce Russell Dailey?) on the third page of RN's court document. How is he directly related to the Rhoden murder trials?

TIA
Thanks @Puzzles8. BBM has caused a bit of confusion. There are some new readers here unaware of the history of these murders. Even those of us who have followed since 4/22/2016 find these four cases complicated.

RN has no future trial date. The motion you are linking to is dated 11/14/2019 referring to her last scheduled trial date of 11/18/2019. The link will only let me see the 1st page of the document. Please fill me in on the information on page 3.

That trial was cancelled when she agreed to a plea deal. If she she keeps her part of the plea deal and testifies at the W4's trial, she will be sentenced after the W4's trial are over.

You seem to be referring to BRD (Bruce Russell Dailey?) on the third page of RN's court document. How is he directly related to the Rhoden murder trials?

TIA
You have to scroll down to 3rd page. It let's me see it. Yes it's an old link but it tells you how that man is involved with the case. Now whether RN's plea changes that, I don't know.

You have to scroll down to 3rd page. It let's me see it. Yes it's an old link but it tells you how that man is involved with the case. Now whether RN's plea changes that, I don't know.
Thanks, that site gives me a paywall, but CC kindly posted a copy of page 3.:)

It will be interesting to see how or if BWD is brought up at the trials.

Take care and stay healthy!

I apologize...it is "P" as in Phil, or Philip Montgomery. He was the Realtor who sold the Peterson Road property for the Wagners. He also owned Cabin Fever Gun Shop on Main Street in Peebles and is a relative of a commissioner, and on it goes.

JMO
Thanks for the explanation.:)

I might finally be starting to understand and unravel the spaghetti bowl in this case.

Are you thinking that the Rs purchased the firearms or other supplies at the local gun and ammo shop?
If true, and there is evidence of it, the shop would be listed in the evidence like the Walmarts are and we just haven't seen it yet.

I think a local gun shop was too risky for them to go to. They needed a bigger place farther away where they could blend in with the crowds and not be noticed by any locals.

I think because they are local stores is the reason they didn't limit their shopping just to the Pike and Scioto County Walmarts, they drove out of town to 3 other Walmarts as well.

It does appear from the discovery that they did most, if not all, of their shopping at Ohio Walmart stores.

Last edited:
If true, and there is evidence of it, the shop would be listed in the evidence like the Walmarts are and we just haven't seen it yet.

I think a local gun shop was too risky for them to go to. They needed a bigger place farther away where they could blend in with the crowds and not be noticed by any locals.

I think because they are local stores is the reason they didn't limit their shopping just to the Waverly and Portsmouth Walmarts, they drove out of town to 3 other Walmarts as well.

It does appear from the discovery that they did most, if not all, of their shopping at Ohio Walmart stores.

I wouldn't rule out any local gun and pawn shops. People work together (outside of the law) all of the time.

The W4 would have to follow the law at Walmart if purchasing guns/ammo.

I can't say (what I want to say) because I don't want to violate TOS.

I wouldn't rule out any local gun and pawn shops. People work together (outside of the law) all of the time.

If you're buying a gun from an unlicensed private individual you only have to prove your age. I'm sure they bought their guns this way because they could fly under the radar unnoticed. I don't think they bought any guns from Walmart or from any store or pawn shop because of having to show their drivers licenses.

DeWine wanted to know if any individuals had done business with them regarding firearms. Yes the individual they did business with could also be connected to a local pawn shop or gun store but I think they bought their guns out of state, privately under the table, no connection to locals who could come forward and say they sold a gun to the Wagners.

If they bought local I bet that person has long since interviewed with LE about it.

If you're buying a gun from an unlicensed private individual you only have to prove your age. I'm sure they bought their guns this way because they could fly under the radar unnoticed. I don't think they bought any guns from Walmart or from any store or pawn shop because of having to show their drivers licenses.

DeWine wanted to know if any individuals had done business with them regarding firearms. Yes the individual they did business with could also be connected to a local pawn shop or gun store but I think they bought their guns out of state, privately under the table, no connection to locals who could come forward and say they sold a gun to the Wagners.

If they bought local I bet that person has long since interviewed with LE about it.

A person that owns a gun and pawn shop doesn't have to necessarily abide by the law.

What if someone owned a gun and pawn shop and was also involved in other businesses? What if it was their mom/wife/daughter that owned the gun/pawn shop?

I do believe that someone that for example 'sells cars, realtor or something else' and wants your business they MIGHT just sell you guns (under the table) if they want your other business. Especially, if they are your friend and you say (for example) that I will do this for you if you will sell me guns under the table. JMO.

In the State of Ohio, you also have to prove you reside in the same state that you are purchasing a firearm plus your age.

If you were going to commit murder, would you buy guns from anybody? Steal them or use guns from
your own stash. I don't know anyone who has less than 2 handguns at home. Nobody would buy guns at a place where you picture is on security cams, they look at your drivers license and record the serial number. Besides, I don't think Wal*Mart sells handguns.

If'n the W's did buy the guns from somebody, then somebody has a valuable piece of information.
You do not buy silence on info like that, you rent it. It is expensive and you better pay on time.
On the other hand, If you die and take the info with you, It's all good. Did any of the W's friends die since the massacre? Were they of the type that would sell un-documented handguns and then extort money?
If the cops find a gun, say along he highway or something, They first check the serial number for stolen gun. Then they may check for ballistics and prints. If you are linked to that gun over it's lifetime, You're going to get a visit. They can run prints nationwide in just a few minutes. I assume ballistics info might be the same.
I cannot fathom the stupidity of whoever dumped that stuff in the well. If that was part of the plan, Then the rest could be just as dumb.

Sorry, I meant the Ws above, NOT the Rs. It won't let me edit it.

Just saying...that particular gun shop went out of business after the murders. And yes, the Ws were the ones with connections. Oh, and by the way, it was next door to Blake's Pharmacy on Main St. in Peebles. Anyone remember any early talk about that? Interesting history there. JMO

I think because they are local stores is the reason they didn't limit their shopping just to the Pike and Scioto County Walmarts, they drove out of town to 3 other Walmarts as well.

Things are not always as they appear..

Yes, indeed. But...people don't have to follow the law when dealing with shady friends. JMO

CC, there is also a Dailey's Gun Shop.

If'n the W's did buy the guns from somebody, then somebody has a valuable piece of information.
You do not buy silence on info like that, you rent it. It is expensive and you better pay on time.
On the other hand, If you die and take the info with you, It's all good. Did any of the W's friends die since the massacre? Were they of the type that would sell un-documented handguns and then extort money?
If the cops find a gun, say along he highway or something, They first check the serial number for stolen gun. Then they may check for ballistics and prints. If you are linked to that gun over it's lifetime, You're going to get a visit. They can run prints nationwide in just a few minutes. I assume ballistics info might be the same.
I cannot fathom the stupidity of whoever dumped that stuff in the well. If that was part of the plan, Then the rest could be just as dumb.

Amen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members