OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #57

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed the hearing and after reading your transcriptions...My mouth is hanging open. lol Wow, what a day. So much info after waiting for four years for even a hint. You sleuther's are amazing the way you figured most of this out without help. :)
I just checked youtube and the hearing hasn't been uploaded yet, but I'll keep checking because I have to see it.
I found Jake's gun to be especially interesting because of a rumor back in 16 about a 'special' gun being used. Colt 1911, manufactured by Walther. Does 1911 mean that the gun was manufactured in that year? Sorry, not a gun enthusiast>

The 1911 is a model number or frame design. I think it is made by more than one manufacturer.

AC, unlike anyone else, especially the Defense attorneys, has lived this tragedy every day. She was there the first day and knows only the truth. It showed on her face today. She was gleaming with self-confidence before the hearing, yet succumbed to her heart and soul, combined with truth and pleas to the Judge at the end. I won't call her "good." She has the unique advantage of being genuine in these cases, and it shines to the moon and back.

When you can just state facts and not have to make up excuses, it made it easier for her

Let's not discuss anything about potential witnesses here. Their lives are probably in danger and I'm sure you wouldn't want them to be harmed. TIA This is a little different situation than with most other murder cases we discuss here. Way too much information out on social media that could put them in danger.
How could they be in danger when the perps are all behind bars?

Brilliant action texting a pic of a similar 1911 with supressor, and then watching them take the bait. GW looked worried the brief moments the camera was on him.

Edit: The "family emergency" alert tells me the .22 can (or could've) still be found and was not destroyed.

Imagine, one witness with that much evidence. Needed a jury today. And the surface of the evidence was barely exposed today, like an iceberg, it's coming.

The 1911 is a model number or frame design. I think it is made by more than one manufacturer.

Yes, originally adopted by the Army in 1911 as the Model of 1911, later called simply Model 1911, designed by John Browning for Colt. Probably dozens of manufacturers now, in many calibers.
M1911 pistol - Wikipedia

I'm recalling all the early discussions here about the .22 cal. and supressors. Some insisted there was no possible way a .22 would've been used.

IMO, three shooters. Possibly two. But so far we know the .22 was only used at DR's and FR's, not at CR's. KR's could also have been the .22, for the low noise level. A supressed .22 would barely make a pip, the action clicking would probably be louder.

7.62 SKS (.30 cal) and .40 Glock at CR's.

And now we know why time was spent under CR's trailer by the investigators. Digging out the SKS round, which apparently went through the floor.

Wonder if they'll still try to get bond for GW 3? That hearing will be really interesting, if his defense attorneys still pursue it. JMO, we only heard some of the case info today, focused mostly on Jake and George. Billy's story probably has a lot more to it.

Agree, Jake comes off as a very disturbing sociopath. Angela doesn't seem much better, though we didn't hear as much about her. Not that there isn't more to tell, they just didn't go into detail about her today. We already know how brazen she was to spend hours talking about the case and strategy to her mom and others on phone calls from jail. She's something else, too.

About Angela today I'm trying to think of what was said.

1.) She threatened to kill GW4's wife causing her to hide out in the yard until dark and then sneak out and drive away never to live there again. The couple got into an argument and Angie apparently got in the middle of it and took GW4's side.
Sounds like the poor girl was terrified of Angie.

2.) The "boys" lived with her their entire lives until the arrests. They shared bank accounts, homeschooling together, Angie's computer had Jake's name registered to it, they all were using Angie's computer like a family computer, all family decisions were done with the 4 Wagner's taking a family vote. We all were right when we said they were an enmeshed family. Note GW4's wife had to live with Angie, no home with just her and her husband.

3.) Angie told Rita to lie and say she signed and notarized the custody documents. Rita is a notary. It came out that those custody documents were set up by Angie, getting them off a TX Website, that in the event of the death of her sons their children's custody would go to her, not to the mothers. Hanna's signature was faked and Angie got GW4 involved with fake custody documents for his son. The custody documents were downloaded I think he said in April 2016 but dated for December 2014 which was the last time Hanna lived with the Wagner's.

4.) Angela bought the size 10.5 and 11 shoes in the Waverly Walmart 2 weeks before the murders. Special agent Scheiderer was holding an evidence photo that I saw that showed Angie in that Walmart on the day of the shoe purchase. She was pushing a cart near the doors.

These specific shoes match the shoeprints found in blood at Chris Sr's and Dana's.
These shoes show no tread wear and are consistent with the way shoes look when bought new and not worn. Angela was asked about these shoes. She said she bought them for GW4 and Jake and that they both hated or disliked the shoes so she threw them out the same day she bought them.

So Jake and GW4 were asked about the shoes. What did they say? They both said they never saw the shoes!

5.) Angela and her family tried to commit mortgage fraud in Missouri.

2 standout moments for me today:

Angela threatens to kill her only daughter-in-law and scares her into hiding on the property then sneaking off the property driving away at night never to live there again. And GW4 calling and or texting all the Wagner's that he wants to smash in Special BCI Agent Scheiderer's face.
OMG...!

GW4 saw Agent Scheiderer coming onto the Peterson Rd. property and he immediately text his dad Billy not to come over because they "had company." Obviously code for LE (law enforcement). Seems he got tired of this lead BCI agent showing up asking questions!

Wow ... just wow ...

Last edited:
Thank you to Betty P for all this transcribing. I CANNOT imagine the actual horror that all these investigators had to live with in all of the moments as the mounting evidence was revealed to them. To have to keep this information in your brain while living your normal and best life has got to be something else. Many thanks for carrying this all for justice for these victims.

IMO Tabitha knew she was running for her life. I always thought there were other victims of this family. How many others we may never know.
Another victim is Jake's ex wife but I agree with Betty not to discus her right now. All in due time, including in due time, her police report she filed. But now is not the time, as Betty said for safety concerns. I agree these 4 Wagner cases are different and we need to be very careful who we talk about. Especially minor children involved. Very serious stuff.

Last edited:
George Wagner request for bail denied after hearing reveals new details.
Angenette Levy, WKRC 2 hrs ago

THIS IS NOT FULL ARTICLE PER TOS ...

"The Wagners did do everything together, including this homicide. They are very insular, somewhat cult-like," said Special Prosecutor Angie Canepa.
Scheiderer said:

"Through the course of our investigation, we uncovered information that the defendant was fond of Glock firearms and was known as a Glock man. And we also have information that he was in possession of at least one .30-caliber rifle that is a potential contributor to the evidence that we found at one of the murder scenes," Scheiderer said.

Wagner's own words in his interviews with law enforcement also implicated him in the conspiracy.

"The fact that he states there were no child custody issues, there was no dispute between the Wagner and the Rhodens, which all of our evidence points that there was ongoing issues between the families.

Canepa also pointed to a screenshot of a message from Hanna Rhoden to a woman she knew discussing the Wagners' attempt to get her to sign over custody of the little girl she shared with Jake. Canepa said investigators found the screenshot on a Wagner family computer seized during the investigation and that the Wagners obtained it by hacking into a Facebook account.

"Her reply is: I won't sign papers, ever. It won't happen. They will have to kill me first," Canepa read from the message.

Last edited:
So Angela and Billy did not live together, that puts a lot in my thoughts of Angela killing Kenneth Rhodens, and at the beginning of Billy trials who where the women that showed up setting with RW that he was smiling at???? JMO

IMO, great hearing today! Prosecution and witness did an awesome job presenting evidence!

I wasn't surprised at all that CN told all! Good for him! And IMO he told a whole lot more than came out today. It's nice to know he's siding with his Mom; I expected as much.

Nice to know the State has a palm print on Jake holding the 1911.22! Was it Jake that CN said was called, "the Glock man?"

Keep a list of your family members' individual guns on your phone? Geez!

I was glad to hear more about the Montana stop! It sounds like that stop paid off very well.

And did I understand correctly that the well was inside the large barn?

OMG, a Captain America mask? Are you kidding me???!

And...trying to commit mortgage "fraud" in Missouri! Wonder whose SSN they were trying to use here?

As Dewine said "bizarre," we really had no idea. And it has only just begun!

JMO

BBM

Glock man is GW4

See George Wagner's Bond Hearing with BCI Special Agent Scheiderer being cross examined on the stand - entire hearing here:

George Wagner is asking a judge to set... - LOCAL 12, WKRC-TV | Facebook

The 2 Wagner brothers watched Boon Dock Saints the night of the murders....
A movie about brothers committing multiple murders using silencers....

Probably to "psych" themselves up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members