GUILTY OH - Pike Co, 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #68

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kenny's sidekick BH who carpooled to work with Kenny most days hadn't been made aware that KR was taking the day off or he wouldn't have bothered to stop at the trailer to pick Kenny up/ he said he blowed the horn a few times but Kenny never came out so he went on.

Kendra wasn't aware he had taken the day off, and no one at US Utilities was notified. So, add that to the list of lies that some have told concerning these murders.

Since a lot of articles have been scrubbed I will use the excuse of these are JMO's, or hearsay?? :rolleyes:

I also recall reading that BH stopped to pick up KR to take him to work. I have no link to the source, so, call it rumor or my opinion only, I suppose…

BBM

If I remember correctly DS said he and Kenny were supposed to work on a car the next day in his interview in the timeline. (Once again thank you Betty for preserving all those interviews for us to refer back to as this case moves slowly along. If not for you many of those interviews would have been lost.) So if Kenny did not plan to work the following day per his cousin DS, there would have been no reason for him to go to bed early.

JMO
True. But the rest of the family thought he was at work and that is is the reason they couldn't reach him by phone, and why his cousin went over later in the day. We probably won't know the answer till after the trials. MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you mentioned that. I have had that same thought as you several times. After BCI confirming in bond hearing they were in bed when killed, I figured that they must have come in on them later or DR prob would not have been in bed. There are ways that could have played out though. I had also wondered before if HR and CRjr were already dead and then they got her when she walked in.
Jake said in his proffer the killings started late on the 21st and ended early on the 22nd, we know DR worked till 11pm. I'm not sure if her drive time but I think that would have put her home a little before midnight.

Jake said in his proffer the killings started late on the 21st and ended early on the 22nd, we know DR worked till 11pm. I'm not sure if her drive time but I think that would have put her home a little before midnight.
Yes, I totally agree with you, and the thought of them waiting on her seems like a real possiblity. Everything points to her being in bed from testimony which would make it seem unlikely, but there still could be explanations for how that could have happened.

I also believe the victims were awakened so that they knew whom was killing them…
Also my opinion only…
One question of mine is: HOW did JW get into Frankie's trailer without being noticed? Those old trailers creek when the wind blows. Frankie and HG were in bed together so one/both would've heard someone walking in/coming in thru the window.
Dana's trailer/home was too big and adults within it would've just assumed it was one of them walking around.
Initially, I thought they woke them all up for them to see who it was killing them, but W's are cowards, they waited till the dead of night, therefore, I no longer believe W's showed them who they were.

One question of mine is: HOW did JW get into Frankie's trailer without being noticed? Those old trailers creek when the wind blows. Frankie and HG were in bed together so one/both would've heard someone walking in/coming in thru the window.
Dana's trailer/home was too big and adults within it would've just assumed it was one of them walking around.
Initially, I thought they woke them all up for them to see who it was killing them, but W's are cowards, they waited till the dead of night, therefore, I no longer believe W's showed them who they were.
I wondered that also. I think the door was unlocked. They may have felt safe enough to not feel the need to lock it. One place that I lived never had the door locked unless I would be gone 8-10 hours at night. Not even when I went to work during the day. So, since they had a reputation as fighters and were familiar with guns, they may not have felt the need to lock the door…

Yes, I totally agree with you, and the thought of them waiting on her seems like a real possiblity. Everything points to her being in bed from testimony which would make it seem unlikely, but there still could be explanations for how that could have happened.
I think it is possible Chris, Gary, Frankie and Hannah were already dead by the time Dana arrived home that night. They may have waited for the lights to go off indicating she went to bed before entering her home.

My opinion only.

I have wondered about that also. One theory of mine is the child may have let them in being he would have known Jake his entire life. When Jake told him to open the door he might have, or it was not locked in the first place.

My opinion only.

I wondered that also. I think the door was unlocked. They may have felt safe enough to not feel the need to lock it. One place that I lived never had the door locked unless I would be gone 8-10 hours at night. Not even when I went to work during the day. So, since they had a reputation as fighters and were familiar with guns, they may not have felt the need to lock the door…
Lots of people around here don't lock their doors at night. Many people in small towns don't.

JMO

Jake lived in Frankie's trailer on and off. Hanna and Jake went between living with Hanna's family then living with Jake's family.

As far as I know the Rhodens all lived in Franklin's trailer with Chris next door. Later when the grand babies came and things got crowded Chris bought Dana a new place then gave Frankie and Frankie's family the old place. Jake most likely knew where Chris's key was hidden, same as BJM knew where it was. Easy to copy it.

So I think getting in with keys was the easiest way. Not impossible to get ahold of Chris Jr's or Dana's or Hanna's keys and then make a copy of the house key.

Or simply make sure a window was unlocked or a back door ajar etc...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220414-145538.png
    Screenshot_20220414-145538.png
    403.3 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
That's what his ex-wife stated. This is my theory.
They very well could have thought that KR would come after them for revenge. There are other family members that could have but the W's may not have felt any of them would actually carry that out, and they didn't. I have several reasons I think he might have been a target but him taking revenge could be one of them in their mind. They could have had some issues with KR before and know what he would do.

How they got into all of them is something I look forward to finding out. It seems it would be a big risk to assume that the homes would be unlocked even if they normally were and take a chance on getting to one that was not. Could be they got keys from KR to CRsr home and then from CRsr to FR and DR. They may have known where the hidden keys were at for all homes but what if one was not in the hidden spot when they got there and a door happened to be locked. Seems they would have had a backup plan.
Some people do sleep really soundly, if someone is pretty stealthy then they could probably come in pretty quietly if they had an easy way to do so.

Jake lived in Frankie's trailer on and off so would have a key or access to a key. Hanna and Jake went between living with Hanna's family then living with Jake's family.

As far as I know the Rhodens all lived in Franklin's trailer (the family trailer) with Chris next door. Later when the grand babies came and things got crowded Chris bought Dana a new place then gave Frankie and Frankie's family the family trailer. Jake most likely knew where Chris's key was hidden, same as BJM knew where it was. Easy to copy it.

So I think getting in with keys was the easiest way. Not impossible to get ahold of Chris Jr's or Dana's or Hanna's keys and then make a copy of the new house key. Jake bought a crib and went over to pick up S.

Or simply make sure a window was unlocked or a back door ajar etc...
I have always wondered if CR bought the new home for DR because the JW complained or threaten to report her to CPS for too many people living in FRs trailer. Prior to them moving it was 4 adults and soon to be 5 kids. JR may have even made an anonymous report. I'm not saying the children were negelected, just that the Wagoner may have made accusations. MOO

I have always wondered if CR bought the new home for DR because the JW complained or threaten to report her to CPS for too many people living in FRs trailer. Prior to them moving it was 4 adults and soon to be 5 kids. JR may have even made an anonymous report. I'm not saying the children were negelected, just that the Wagoner may have made accusations. MOO

That gets said alot and someone even recently mentioned that maybe Hanna moved because of the grow op being there and a Wagner might say something but Chris and Dana were reconciling and had talked about moving in together when Chris Jr. got out of HS.

They being together would need a bigger place.

Note that it was when Hanna was pregnant with K that he bought the house. Obviously, this being the 4th grandchild just made it necessary to acquire more space.

Also notice getting the new house was around the time Frankie had his 2nd child and also his fiance was living with them.

This was the perfect time to give the family trailer to Frankie. Chris Sr. had 4 grand babies to house so he simply needed more room. That one trailer just wasn't enough.

These are the reasons Chris bought Dana's property I believe.

If Jake had tried to use cramped conditions or the grow operation to gain custody, Hanna could have moved in with any number of other relatives who I am sure would have taken her in. Grandparents, all the Manleys,
aunts and uncles, cousins especially Kendra and Kendra's mom, friends...probably a dozen people. Probably even Tabitha's mom would have done anything to help her. Oh, and she was dating CH who's family may have taken her in as well.

In the Other Acts Evidence it says Hanna was staying in 2 different residences where Jake had others spy on her and he recorded her. I always thought this was CH's place.

upload_2021-4-5_15-29-24-png.291433

https://www.pikecountycpcourt.org
Other Acts Evidence filed in Common Pleas Court on 2-22-21

Point is, she had many places to go with people who I believe would have helped her out - done anything they could to help her keep custody.

Pike County: Death in the foothills

But for Chris and Dana, getting back together seemed to be their logical next step. They had always loved each other, after all, family members said.

Chris bought her the trailer about a mile down from his home. And once their youngest son graduated from high school, they planned to remarry, said her dad, Leonard Manley

Last edited:
I agree on this. I think they waited for the lights to go out before entering her trailer. I think Hanna was already asleep as she just had a baby. I think Chris Jr might have been awake playing video games as most teens do.

My opinion only. No proof.

They very well could have thought that KR would come after them for revenge. There are other family members that could have but the W's may not have felt any of them would actually carry that out, and they didn't. I have several reasons I think he might have been a target but him taking revenge could be one of them in their mind. They could have had some issues with KR before and know what he would do.

BBM
There are other family members that could have but the W's may not have felt any of them would actually carry that out,

This is a viable reason for killing Kenny. Not one I embrace at this time, but hubby actually worked a double homicide where the uncle of one of the victims was in a well known motorcycle gang. (Not saying or even implying Kenny was in any type MC gang.) The uncle had went to the suspects apartment and physically assaulted him for harassing his niece. So when he harassed her again he was afraid the uncle would give him another beating so the suspect waited for her to come home and killed her and another person. This was the actual motive he gave for killing them in his confession and when he plead guilty to the murders. So yes it could very well be a viable reason Kenny was killed.

My opinion only.

How they got into all of them is something I look forward to finding out. It seems it would be a big risk to assume that the homes would be unlocked even if they normally were and take a chance on getting to one that was not. Could be they got keys from KR to CRsr home and then from CRsr to FR and DR. They may have known where the hidden keys were at for all homes but what if one was not in the hidden spot when they got there and a door happened to be locked. Seems they would have had a backup plan.
Some people do sleep really soundly, if someone is pretty stealthy then they could probably come in pretty quietly if they had an easy way to do so.
One of the burning questions in my mind is why they felt the need to kill Frankie and Hannah. Chris I can understand because of the fight, Dana and Chris jr because that was where Hanna was staying, but Frankie and Hannah, there was no real reason that I can figure out.

Any opinions on this question?

JMO

One of the burning questions in my mind is why they felt the need to kill Frankie and Hannah. Chris I can understand because of the fight, Dana and Chris jr because that was where Hanna was staying, but Frankie and Hannah, there was no real reason that I can figure out.

Any opinions on this question?

JMO
They would have known who killed the others and could have fought for custody of SW. That and HG introduced HR to her brother…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18