OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #73

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been in tears listening to Cody, he's obviously a soft spoken guy as well as nervous. He didn't let defence have it all their own way though. Telling the outright that they were trying to confuse him.
well done AC coming forward to clarify the situation of talking to Cody about questions she might ask him.
I hate, that defence team.
I feel it's telling when a defense resorts to attacking witnesses that aren't really in the game so to speak. That tells me there is no real defense otherwise they don't need to make anyone sound bad or confuse them. The defense should want the story out there if there is zero connection to their client. Instead of asking clarifying questions like AC did, they asked questions that continue to confuse or try to trip up the witness for what purpose? Confuse the jury, make the witness sound bad.. the witness that saw his murdered cousin laying there.. seriously it really is gross. I know defense is a necessary part of the system, but I don't like this type of defense. It really seems desperate and not a true defense.

That defense attorney was treating CM like he was 7 or younger instead of 27. I especially didn't like how he talked to him about talking louder. He heard it from AC and the judge; he didn't need to hear it again.
Also, did you see the eye roll he gave the attorney (Nash is his last name?)? That was priceless.
ETA-the extended morning break was because AC was talking to CM because he was nervous IMO.

That defense attorney was treating CM like he was 7 or younger instead of 27. I especially didn't like how he talked to him about talking louder. He heard it from AC and the judge; he didn't need to hear it again.
Also, did you see the eye roll he gave the attorney (Nash is his last name?)? That was priceless.
He even looked at the judge at one point...like he was thinking, is it just me or is this guy getting on your nerves too? AJMO

Evan Millward
@EvanMillward
PIKE COUNTY TRIAL: Back form lunch - Kendra Rhoden is on stand now.

She is Hanna May Rhoden's cousin - and best friend.

Kendra.jpg

Kendra remembers her dad Kenneth helping her pay for nursing school - $12,000 saved at the time of the killings.

Kendra says she and Hanna May Rhoden were close - grew up together. Had many sleepovers.

Kendra says she didn't meet Jake Wagner until after he and Hanna were dating.

Met him for the first time with Billy and George at Chris Sr's house - they were there to help with something.

Kendra says she would hang out at the Wagner's with Jake and Hanna.

Hanna was trying to get her to like George, but neither of them were interested in each other.

Kendra recounts a time at the Scioto Co. Fair when Jake said something "demeaning" to Hanna. Kendra kicked him int he shin and Hanna separated the two.

Kendra says Hanna wanted her to get to know Jake better - but they just didn't like each other.

link: https://twitter.com/evanmillward

more to on Kendra's testimony- but no tweets at this time.

Interesting Kendra mentioning Chris Sr was trying to get a lawyer to help Hannah fight custody battle with Jake.

Chris hit in the head with a 2x4 by a man named Rick. Hospitalized. It was said her father visited the man who hit Chris Sr.

Last edited:
So all these questions being asked right now are hearsay also but the defense is not objecting. They only object with it's something that is hurtful to their client. Interesting. It's either hearsay or it isn't. No questions about how she knows all these things except questions about knowing about a custody dispute. Then objection, objection objection. No objections about how Kendra knows who had guns or anything else. No need for foundation on any of the other knowledge??

Frankie kept a shotgun by his bedroom door. Dana had a small handgun. Hanna didn't have a gun.

Kendra has a valid opinion about why her dad was killed, but they're having a hard time letting her say it. She was allowed to say her dad was very close to Chris Sr

Interesting Kendra mentioning Chris Sr was trying to get a lawyer to help Hannah fight custody battle with Jake.

Chris hit in the head with a 2x4 by a man named Rick. Hospitalized. It was said her father visited the man who hit Chris Sr.
AC abandoned that topic too quickly...if KR was within earshot of such conversations, IMO

Frankie kept a shotgun by his bedroom door. Dana had a small handgun. Hanna didn't have a gun.

Kendra has a valid opinion about why her dad was killed, but they're having a hard time letting her say it. She was allowed to say her dad was very close to Chris Sr
She was also allowed to say her dad was protective of him also and protective of his entire family.

She only saw Sophia once after the murders. Was not permitted to see her. Sounds like all communication was cut off with Hanna's family after the murders.

Something about Jake texting Kendra and being upset with her after the murders.

Last day she was with Hanna. Hanna didn't have Sophia. How did she know why Hanna didn't have Sophia. Saw text messages between Hanna R and Jake Wagner. Jake said he was willing to keep Sophia a couple extra days to help Hanna after she had Kylie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95