OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #73

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the long break was due to AC talking to Cody in a room before he was testifying?

I am so glad she came back up and asked him about that interaction because it's not illegal to meet with witnesses before they testify. It is obvious he is nervous. I am glad she clarified and then the defense had no other questions. Nice try there defense trying to insinuate AC was coaching Cody or doing something shady before he testified.

I think it says a lot about him that he agreed to be on camera. He wants his voice to be heard despite being so nervous. He is standing up for his cousin, one of his best friends. He had to see what no one should and I am glad he was able to get up there and tell his story, Frankie's story.

Day before murders Cody went to work with Frankie. After work went to Frankie's and repaired wire on one of his bird cages. Hanna Hazel, Brently and others were there. Went home

Morning of murders he was getting ready for work, Frankie didn't come. Went to their house, saw Bobby Jo's car and police car in driveway. He went inside the trailer to wake up Frankie. He thought Bobby Jo had just been pulled over by police, didn't know they were dead. He parked on road, other cars were in driveway. Walked into Frankies, walked into his bedroom and froze. Cause he saw things he didn't want to see, saw Frankie and Hannah dead. Cop told him to go outside. Cop told him twice before he moved.
Went to find Brently when he was outside. Ruger was out there and Emma. Thinks Len and Judy Manley were there.

Saw Billy, Jake and George at the funeral home. Gave his phone to BCI.

Defense redirect
Asked what room he was in, something about testimony he was going to give

BCI agents interviewed him he said Frankie's house was always messy
Talked about the times he saw George Wagner,
Asking about Chris Sr's dog Chance, said Chance wasn't aggressive unless he didn't know you
Cody said dog wouldn't let anyone in the house that he didn't know
Didn't know about Kenneth's dog
Defense attorney trying to confuse Cody
Cody said he did see George at funeral
Hunting Frankie did, squirrel, deer, etc

Redirect:
Asking Cody whether AC ever told him what to day in response to questions

Saw George a few times at Chris's fireworks, saw him at other places, but don't recall where, recall seeing him at funeral. Points him out in the courtroom.
Not around Frankie 24/7. He may have seen George W regularly, but Cody didn't

Lunch recess
I wished AC had asked him if GWIV had looked any different at the time of the funeral to how he looks right now...the dyed hair color. Defense probably would have objected and been sustained?

Next witness is Hanna Rhoden's cousin and best friend Kendra Rhoden - who is opting in to be on video and audio.
@local12
https://twitter.com/jamespilcher

She was the last person besides Jake Wagner to text with Hanna before she died according to phone records.
@local12
Not gonna lie when I saw this post that said Kendra is opting in it made me tear up.

I think this is is possibly this family standing up and saying we aren't going to be silenced. Think about it. Cody was obviously nervous. The logical thing would be to not be on camera to help with that. I have to wonder if this is possibly them wanting this to be shown.

To the family of these victims, we see you and we are with you. Scared, nervous, quiet, shaky, crying, whatever it takes, you are brave and we see you and hear you!

I think of this family that was close. Not close like the Wagner's, but close as in aunts, uncles, cousins, are in their daily lives. They grew up together as not just family, but friends, car pooled to work, helped each other with projects after work, genuinely cared for each other. I hear about CRsr helping lending money to family to help them out. Cody Manley helping Frankie after work with a bird cage.. it's all so senseless.

Chris Sr giving money to April Manley to help her pay for her mother's funeral.

I wonder if the long break was due to AC talking to Cody in a room before he was testifying?

I am so glad she came back up and asked him about that interaction because it's not illegal to meet with witnesses before they testify. It is obvious he is nervous. I am glad she clarified and then the defense had no other questions. Nice try there defense trying to insinuate AC was coaching Cody or doing something shady before he testified.

I think it says a lot about him that he agreed to be on camera. He wants his voice to be heard despite being so nervous. He is standing up for his cousin, one of his best friends. He had to see what no one should and I am glad he was able to get up there and tell his story, Frankie's story.
Poor young man having to recall such horror and then basically be accused of lying about other things in an interview with BCI that same day.

Not gonna lie when I saw this post that said Kendra is opting in it made me tear up.

I think this is is possibly this family standing up and saying we aren't going to be silenced. Think about it. Cody was obviously nervous. The logical thing would be to not be on camera to help with that. I have to wonder if this is possibly them wanting this to be shown.

To the family of these victims, we see you and we are with you. Scared, nervous, quiet, shaky, crying, whatever it takes, you are brave and we see you and hear you!

They are being brave by standing up to the Wagner family, when people in that area are often afraid to do so.

Yes, we stand with them, just as we've always stood with them since the day of the murders. It was a terrible crime and family were not treated as they should have been when they were so traumatized. Now they will see justice for their family.

Cody certainly made me cry as I'm sure KR will. She was texting with HR at the same time JW was. I'm sure what was said will be touched upon.

Cody certainly made me cry as I'm sure KR will. She was texting with HR at the same time JW was. I'm sure what was said will be touched upon.

I remember some of those interviews Kendra gave after the murders. She was very brave and gave the public a view into how normal these people's lives were until that night. She spoke of the fear of not knowing who killed them.

April Manley (cont)

Defense many objections about questions related to a time when April had to pick up Hanna May from the Wagners

Questioning had something to do with Tabitha, but AC wasn't allowed to ask

April didn't know a whole lot about Chris Sr annual fireworks show

Brett Hatfield, Brandon and Jake Rhoden, Spielman, Cody, etc. were friends of Frankie.

George or Jake Wagner never came with Frankie to April's house

Frankie's trailer had new locks. Brently had got out and went to Chris Sr. and the kids didn't know. Put chain locks towards the top where Brantley couldn't get them.

Hanna May's closes friend was Kendra Rhoden - Kenneth's daughter.

Hanna never said the baby Kylie was anyone else's besides Charlie Gilley

Wasn't present at birth of Kylie when Jake came to hosp.

Asked Jake to bring Sophia to her son's wedding reception. They wanted to see her. He brought her at the end. He only allowed her to see Sophia one other time at Brently's birthday party. Parents kept trying to get Jake to visit with Sophia but he wouldn't do it. Objection

April only saw Sophia twice after the murders
Took gifts to Sophia at Jake's once and they were not allowed to see her.

Didn't go to or into any of the other crime scenes at time of murders

Defense cross
Asking about the night of the murders
James didn't go to work as a logger that night

Text messages from Jake Wagner at 3 am. It wasn't her cell phone. Chadburne texts on that phone. Said James used her phone to call his boss. Talking about the alleged text from Jake Wagner
Frankie's residence had been Dana's before her new home. She visited Dana often. Chris Sr lived next door then. Dana resided in new residence about 30 days. Going over how much Chris Sr payed for the house. Acting like April is lying about how much Chris paid for Dana's house. Acting like she is lying. Asking her about Chris Sr having lots of cash. Chris Sr gave James Manley $5000 when James had legal trouble.

Mentions Chris was in hospital being beaten. She doesn't know circumstances.
Nash is really bullying her, JMO Acting like shes lying
Nash is a jerk. And that’s being kind.

Evan Millward
@EvanMillward
·
33m
PIKE COUNTY TRIAL: Cody says he walked into Frankie's house, "I walked into his bedroom and froze .... because I saw things I didn't want to see."

Cody says he froze by the baby bed in Frankie's trailer - then heard a cop tell him to go back outside.

He went to find Brentley the toddler. Says Ruger the baby was out there too.

Cody says he saw Billy, Jake, and George Wagner at the funerals.

Before direct ends, Cody says he knew Hanna feared the Wagners - all of them.

Richard Nash on cross asks about some things Cody told BCI agents in interviews - that it looked like there was a struggle in Frankie's, but it was always a mess.

Cody chuckles, "That's Frankie."

Nash is asking about Chris Sr's dog Chance.

Cody says Chance was gentle to people he knew. If he didn't know you, you weren't getting into Chris's house.

Canepa on re-direct addresses something Nash brought up.

Cody Manley says he is nervous about testifying - he talked with Canepa beforehand in a conference room. She told him what she might ask, not what to say.

Canepa has Cody point out George in the courtroom - and say what he's wearing (vest, white shirt, black tie).

link: https://twitter.com/evanmillward

The last tweet was 15 minutes ago....

I remember some of those interviews Kendra gave after the murders. She was very brave and gave the public a view into how normal these people's lives were until that night. She spoke of the fear of not knowing who killed them.
I suspect she might be one of the few that deep down knew before they really knew who did it. She saw first hand all the struggles Hanna had with that family. I am sure she suspected it before many others did.

I've been in tears listening to Cody, he's obviously a soft spoken guy as well as nervous. He didn't let defence have it all their own way though. Telling the outright that they were trying to confuse him.
well done AC coming forward to clarify the situation of talking to Cody about questions she might ask him.
I hate, that defence team.

That's because she could never entertain the evil that truly was/is the W's. She knew of the obsession and violence JW visited upon her kin and best friend HR but never in her wildest dreams knew just how black-hearted they all really were. Leonard knew, God bless him. He'd be proud of his kin that are testifying on and off camera...about just catastrophic loss to a family </3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karmalicious478