OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #73

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant April 21st and 22nd , 2016. Sorry

I've been going back over the discovery documents and there were a few videos listed. I do recall AC saying in her opening statement that the Wagners took both their murder truck and Chris Sr's truck over to Kenny's property that night. She mentioned both vehicles were caught on video. They also mentioned Kenny having a trail cam they retrieved.

Perhaps the earlier video DeWine mentioned was the one alluded to at one of the two locations along the back road between UHR and Kenneth's place on Left Fork. That was a church & cemetery and a house on the corner of UHR and 722. Just a guess.

SiteTrialUHR&Rte772.jpg

IMO his defense will be that he was not inside at the time of the shootings. That JW is a liar . That GW4 had entered the trailer while he, CRsr and GR walked to the barn. And that GW4 began shooting GRsr and GR after JW shot CRsr from outside. Again this is just MO.
It won't matter. If he was the getaway driver or the lookout or the guy who couldn't hack the blood at the scene, he's still going to be guilty of what we call here "felony murder," being part of a murder conspiracy. In the end, his involvement with guns and cars and what he says on the wiretaps will get him.

I missed most of todays testimony about the shootings of Dana, Hannah May and Chris Jr at Dana's house.

I am wondering if there were three shooters in the house, each positioned in a separate bedroom to do the shootings?

It won't matter. If he was the getaway driver or the lookout or the guy who couldn't hack the blood at the scene, he's still going to be guilty of what we call here "felony murder," being part of a murder conspiracy. In the end, his involvement with guns and cars and what he says on the wiretaps will get him.

Yes. Here's a link to George Wagner IV's indictment. His begins on page 27. The key word in the definition of "Aggravated Murder" is "with prior calculation and design, cause the death of another, to wit...."

Press Release

The key word being "cause". That means participating in actions that caused these murders.
The specifications also further define the charge. GW4 may not meet all of them, but he doesn't need to to be convicted of murder.

Page 33 is the Conspiracy charge - worth reading.

Page 34 is the Aggravated Burglary charge - also considered linked to a cause of death

and on and on. Each of these first degree felony charges, linked to murders, is then multiplied by 8 victims.

The crimes they committed were numerous. The penalties are multiplied by the number of victims. So, life in prison x 8 is a lot.

ETA: Pittsburghgirl, I know you already know this!

ETA2: JMO, GW4's attorneys attempting to say he didn't shoot anyone is like trying to use a 10 foot ladder to get out of an 80 foot hole.

Last edited:
I missed most of todays testimony about the shootings of Dana, Hannah May and Chris Jr at Dana's house.

I am wondering if there were three shooters in the house, each positioned in a separate bedroom to do the shootings?
From the testimony, there was only one type of ammunition used - .22 rimfire cartridges.

I agree

During AC's opening she stated the order was Dana, Hannah May, then back to Dana, then Chris Jr was last.

Yes, and George's shoeprint was found on the floor in front of Chris Jr.s room. He stayed there to make sure Chris Jr didn't awaken before it was his turn to be killed. Jakes story matched the evidence.

I've been going back over the discovery documents and there were a few videos listed. I do recall AC saying in her opening statement that the Wagners took both their murder truck and Chris Sr's truck over to Kenny's property that night. She mentioned both vehicles were caught on video. They also mentioned Kenny having a trail cam they retrieved.

Perhaps the earlier video DeWine mentioned was the one alluded to at one of the two locations along the back road between UHR and Kenneth's place on Left Fork. That was a church & cemetery and a house on the corner of UHR and 722. Just a guess.

View attachment 368268
First Thanks to all who post here with updates from the trial. Most days, I do not get home till late and I want to catch up.
Who's house is this a picture of? I don't think it is one of the victims. Is it the house of a person who might have had a security camera that night and caught the wagners on video.
I hope LE did find security footage and it shows conclusively George IV anywhere in the vicinity. Perhaps he took his Captain america mask off to drive and they captured that on footage. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, that picture would be worth a million words for the prosecution.

Yes. Here's a link to George Wagner IV's indictment. His begins on page 27. The key word in the definition of "Aggravated Murder" is "with prior calculation and design, cause the death of another, to wit...."

Press Release

The key word being "cause". That means participating in actions that caused these murders.
The specifications also further define the charge. GW4 may not meet all of them, but he doesn't need to to be convicted of murder.

Page 33 is the Conspiracy charge - worth reading.

Page 34 is the Aggravated Burglary charge - also considered linked to a cause of death

and on and on. Each of these first degree felony charges, linked to murders, is then multiplied by 8 victims.

The crimes they committed were numerous. The penalties are multiplied by the number of victims. So, life in prison x 8 is a lot.

ETA: Pittsburghgirl, I know you already know this!

ETA2: JMO, GW4's attorneys attempting to say he didn't shoot anyone is like trying to use a 10 foot ladder to get out of an 80 foot hole.
Exactly. On top of the Aggravated Murder charges, which don't require him to actually shoot someone, he's charged with "Engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity" relative to the murders," as well as Conspiracy: "did unlawfully and with purpose to commit or to promote or facilitate the commission of Aggravated Murder, or Murder, AND/OR Aggravated Burglary, with another person or persons...". Note the AND/OR means even if he's not convicted of the murder charges (which I don't see happening) all you need is the Aggravated Burglary to get a conviction on Conspiracy. I just don't see what "I was there but I didn't shoot anyone" will mean to jurors who've said through an accounting of what the Wagners did to the Rhoden's.

My thoughts for the day, seems the only physical evidence state has that GW was at scenes is footwear impression, which defense will contest, they have no physical evidence BW was there, (so far as I have been able to gage-I haven't heard all testimony so I may have missed something)

they will have in later testimony the witnesses who will testify to the one for all and all for one aspect of the family, and they will have JW and AW proffers,

It is a good job they have those proffers as they have little to no physical evidence from 4 crime scenes,

I also think defenses argument that JW shot them all will be, either BW shot the outside bullet, the 6 through the outside wall and door and the one into CR, and JW went inside and shot GR and CR, or JW shot the outside bullets and went inside and shot the others, he then shot everybody else including KR, I am really interested to hear what gun killed KR as I haven't heard that testified to yet,

The defense can argue this theory as the only testimony they will have about who shot who will come via JW and possible AW who wasn't present, the theory that GW wasn't there also comes under the only JW and AW proffers put him there, shoe print evidence as I posted will be challenged,
We don’t know yet what they have as recorded evidence. That could be big in my opinion…

During AC's opening she stated the order was Dana, Hannah May, then back to Dana, then Chris Jr was last.
To me, sounds like Jake took a huge risk hoping Chris Jr wouldn't wake up from sounds of gunfire in Dana's and Hannah May's rooms (even though it's been said George was standing guard in doorway.)

We don’t know yet what they have as recorded evidence. That could be big in my opinion…
They have multiple guns. They have people moving bodies. They have Jake's proffer. They have recordings. And at the core, the state is presenting this as a conspiracy among the Wagners to commit the murders. Angela wasn't on site and got 30 years.

I personally can’t wait to find out what was on the video that DeWine stated investigators acquired in May of 2016 but needed more. DeWine stated that investigators reached out to people they thought might have videos from overnight and the early mornings of April 22 and 23rd .
The opening statement said they had video from the corner of 772 and another house also that showed a single truck and some time later 2 trucks follow close together. I don't know if there is other video, but that alone is damning and supportive of Jakes version they took CRsr's truck and returned it.

for Friday, 9/23/22

Evan Millward
@EvanMillward
·
10h
Replying to
@EvanMillward
and
@WCPO
PIKE COUNTY TRIAL: Dr. Looman is being handed bags with Hanna's clothing in them - a grey t-shirt, black shorts, underwear.

Looman2.jpg

Dr. Looman shows the box containing all the metal pieces collected from Hanna's head during the autopsy.
No exit wounds found on Hanna. Cause of death is multiple gunshot wounds to the head. Same cause of death she gave for Dana.

Dr. Looman says all of Chris Rhoden Jr.'s gunshot wounds were in his head.
Multiple bullets in his left side, one in his right. Diagrams below.

Chris.jpg

Dr. Looman says the first two gunshot wounds on Chris Jr. are similar - right to left with the bullets ending up in his brain on the left. Shot from an indeterminate distance (more than 3 feet away).

All of the 4 gunshot wounds to Chris Jr were right to left and from an indeterminate distance (more than 3 feet).
One to temple, three to the back of the head.

Court has adjourned for the weekend.
Interestingly, on redirect, Canepa asked if Hanna's injuries were consistent with her turning her head. Dr. Looman said yes.
Jake is likely to testify Hanna turned and saw him before he shot.

link: https://twitter.com/evanmillward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member