OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #73

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as the drugs were concerned. I was shocked at the quality of bud being grown at KR. That was high quality, real deal stuff. From the pictures of the safe, that was coke and meth at CRSR. The meth was the larger bag of ice looking matter, the coke was the smaller bag w/ rocks, the bag of rice would have been to keep moisture out and retain quality, i.e. silica packs. That large bag of meth leads me to believe that he was slanging it. There were a few oz in there, which would cost a few k. Plus the 20k in cash laying next to it leads me to believe he was moving a good bit of dope besides the mj. As crafty as he was and judging from the sophistication of the grow ops it leads me to believe he was also cooking his own ice.

I think taking CRsr's truck was to not alert any of CRsr family members as they drove around because if they did see a car it would be CRsr's and it wouldn't be odd for him to be driving around or pulling into their drive ways. At least this is my assumption of why they took his truck because they certainly didn't NEED a second truck.
Canepa said in her opening statements that is the exact reason they used CRSR's truck, per Jake.

I so appreciate this comment - especially "they rehearsed for two years." I can't help but think that all of this - the split between guilty & not guilty pleas, who claims what, what stories are told, etc. - was planned as carefully as the murders, with deliberation and purpose. Maybe goal 1 was to spare them all the death penalty (√). Goal 2? Create enough doubt so one of them stays out of prison or gets out early? Pure speculation, of course, but they had a lot of time to prepare, and it's hard for me to believe they aren't trying to work a scheme of some sort. JMO.
I thought of this also. And there is no doubt they planned things to try to #1 keep them all out of prison. when the felt the heat #2 come up with a story that they mistakenly thought would keep one (or two)of them out of prison. I just do not think they thought out the second thing very well. I believe George knew in advance what was going down. I believe he was at every house that night. I believe he shot as much as anyone else. But the wagners mistakenly believe if they all come up with a story that George did not shoot, he will be found not guilty. That is not how the law works. He is just as guilty in their concocted story as if he pulled the trigger.

I think the Wagners considered themselves bigger, badder and smarter than everyone. They devised what they believed to be a perfect murder plan. They never expected to be caught, but they made too many mistakes. Their first mistake of course was thinking they were bigger, badder and smarter than everyone.

I think the Wagners considered themselves bigger, badder and smarter than everyone. They devised what they believed to be a perfect murder plan. They never expected to be caught, but they made too many mistakes. Their first mistake of course was thinking they were bigger, badder and smarter than everyone.
In the next few years, each one of the Wagners are going to find out just how big and bad they are. They are definitely not smarter than anyone.

So here we sit after 10 days at trial. It has been a couple of interesting weeks and a couple of interesting years leading up to this trial.

Jake has confessed in a proffer, he admitted to killing 5 people (FR, HHG, DR, HMR, CRjr.) AW has also confessed in a proffer that aligns with Jake's.

AC led the prosecution's opening statement with a timeline based largely on Jake's proffer/confession and facts from the case.

Nash followed next with the defense's opening statement. In that statement, G4's Lawyers claimed that Jake had killed all 8 and that G4 was not even at the murder scene's. Claims G4 didn't even find out about the murders until the morning after.

I know how I am leaning now.........

JMO

Last edited:
A recap for anyone trying to catch up.

jmo

I thought of this also. And there is no doubt they planned things to try to #1 keep them all out of prison. when the felt the heat #2 come up with a story that they mistakenly thought would keep one (or two)of them out of prison. I just do not think they thought out the second thing very well. I believe George knew in advance what was going down. I believe he was at every house that night. I believe he shot as much as anyone else. But the wagners mistakenly believe if they all come up with a story that George did not shoot, he will be found not guilty. That is not how the law works. He is just as guilty in their concocted story as if he pulled the trigger.
Sounds like you're not buying the proffer either

I have been following since day 1. I thought that after the arrests George 4 would be the first to flip, along with many of you Sleuthers. One reason G4 might be going through the not guilty charade is because of his son. Sooner or later that poor child is going to google his father. I can see how G4 might think that by pleading not guilty and continuing to insist he is innocent , and did not kill anyone, and wasn't there, might look better. It will probably be the exact same end result sentence as his brother, but the story might have more excuses built into it. I can't come up with any other reason to not take a plea, lawyers fees are covered for him. Maybe there is a girlfriend he is wanting keep, and this makes him look like a nicer guy.

So here we sit after 10 days at trial. It has been a couple of interesting weeks and a couple of interesting years leading up to this trial.

Jake has confessed in a proffer, he admitted to killing 5 people (FR, HHG, DR, HMR, CRjr.) AW has also confessed in a proffer that aligns with Jake's.

AC led the prosecution's opening statement with a timeline based largely on Jake's proffer/confession and facts from the case.

Nash followed next with the defense's opening statement. In that statement, G4's Lawyers claimed that Jake had killed all 8 and that G4 was not even at the murder scene's. Claims G4 didn't even find out about the murders until the morning after.u donn

I know how I am leaning now.........

JMO
And where is that…so you don’t think the prosecutor could bring this case without JW and AW????

The prosecution still needs to establish that 8 murders were committed at 4 crime scenes. Theyll most likely be finished on Monday or Tuesday. Then theyll begin to establish GW4s role in the murders from planning, executing and the covering up. I believe the prosecutors thru the cumulative display of evidence prove 4 is guilty. They do not need to prove he pullled a trigger. They dont need a smoking gun. The total weight of the evidence will bury him behind bars for life. He was an integral part of the consiracy to commit murder. All My Opinion.

If we knew who else will be testifying for prosecution, we might be able to make a guess when AW and JW will testify. Perhaps someone with witness list could post it here? I know the prosecution's murder scenes testimony still needs to be wrapped up. Also, ex-wives will probably testify. I have a feeling AW and JW will be prosecution's last two witnesses before resting. Then it will be defense's turn to call its witnesses.

Last edited:
Sounds like you're not buying the proffer either
No. I am not. It feels like they modified & coordinated the telling of events of that night just to limit the legal exposure of one of them(George). I do not think they thought it out and think George will simply walk. I do not think it is going to happen and I hope the prosecuting attorneys catch them in a Lie big enough that the Death penalty is back on the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18