OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #74

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure, perhaps a woman, last name Stanley? Some names were in that article Niner posted on previous page from Cincinnati Enquirer.

Here's the article with a review of all potential witnesses this week and in the upcoming weeks.

Sorry if already posted
Angenette Levy Twitter

LUNCH BREAK OH v. #GeorgeWagnerIV: During cross, Jeff Tackett admits he offered to wear a wire for BCI and did on 4 or 5 occasions when he went to Peterson Rd. to see the 4 Wagners. Billy gave him the cold shoulder, he felt. We knew people wore wires cont 1/7@LawCrimeNetwork
#
Tackett described it as "carrying water for BCI." GW4 attorney John Patrick Parker gets Tackett to admit he didn't give a statement to BCI until 5 months after the murders. "I was in fear of my life.. look what they done." @LawCrimeNetwork 2/7
#
Tackett: "I was scared when he told me he was ordering a brass catcher". He also said "If I called the authorities I'd be like the rest of them ... like a sitting duck in a windstorm." @LawCrimeNetwork 3/7
#
After the murders, Billy asked him to go to Mexico with him to get 2 fighting chickens. Tackett didn't go. He had said earlier that Billy told him he'd shot people in Mexico. 5/7 @LawCrimeNetwork
#
Tackett also said Billy said he owed Chris Sr. $40K. He said Billy told him a month after the murders that Skid Montgomery had Chris Sr. and family killed b/c Chris was getting 2K lbs of weed and cutting Skid out @LawCrimeNetwork 6/7
#
We've heard no evidence that Skid Montgomery and Chris Sr. were in the drug trade together but we have been told Billy and Chris Sr. were business associates @LawCrimeNetwork 7/7

Last edited:
i mean this whole concept baffles me . how anyone could ever believe it. even for the wagners, this stretch is insane. murder suicide?? first of all why would jake even go in the first place if he thought billy was going to kill him. secondly why would anyone go thru all that trouble to get custody and then kill jake? thirdly, the idea itself has no merit- billy killed 3 people with a different gun so obvioiusly another person was there. fourth with ballisitics these days and gunpowder residue, billy would have to hold the gun in jakes hand and pull the trigger to make it look like a suicide. fifth- what is billys motivation to kill his son??? why would he do that??? sixth- leaving jake dead at the scene of 8 more bodies would bring the police right to billys door . seventh- if billy really wanted to kill jake for this insane reason, he could just kill george too. this is one of the most surprising things to me following this trial, that ANYONE could believe that story
Seems to me,people have it wrong. GW4 went to keep JW from killing BW. Jake seems to be the one not stable. I said for some time, That AW was fooling around with CRsr. This led to the mind game she would use on BW. Why can't you be more of a man like CRsr.

i mean this whole concept baffles me . how anyone could ever believe it. even for the wagners, this stretch is insane. murder suicide?? first of all why would jake even go in the first place if he thought billy was going to kill him. secondly why would anyone go thru all that trouble to get custody and then kill jake? thirdly, the idea itself has no merit- billy killed 3 people with a different gun so obvioiusly another person was there. fourth with ballisitics these days and gunpowder residue, billy would have to hold the gun in jakes hand and pull the trigger to make it look like a suicide. fifth- what is billys motivation to kill his son??? why would he do that??? sixth- leaving jake dead at the scene of 8 more bodies would bring the police right to billys door . seventh- if billy really wanted to kill jake for this insane reason, he could just kill george too. this is one of the most surprising things to me following this trial, that ANYONE could believe that story
Imo, Jake had no clue he was to be the sacrificial lamb. GW4 figured it out and was not supposed to know either. To AW having complete custody of Jake's daughter was more important than Jake's life. His death would take the heat OFF of them. AW was a master manipulator and could talk her husband into anything, and she did.

So why do you think GW4 was protecting Jake from Billy that night? There had to be some reason. What was Billy going to do to him?

Last edited:
Sorry if already posted
Angenette Levy Twitter

LUNCH BREAK OH v. #GeorgeWagnerIV: During cross, Jeff Tackett admits he offered to wear a wire for BCI and did on 4 or 5 occasions when he went to Peterson Rd. to see the 4 Wagners. Billy gave him the cold shoulder, he felt. We knew people wore wires cont 1/7@LawCrimeNetwork
#
Tackett described it as "carrying water for BCI." GW4 attorney John Patrick Parker gets Tackett to admit he didn't give a statement to BCI until 5 months after the murders. "I was in fear of my life.. look what they done." @LawCrimeNetwork 2/7
#
Tackett: "I was scared when he told me he was ordering a brass catcher". He also said "If I called the authorities I'd be like the rest of them ... like a sitting duck in a windstorm." @LawCrimeNetwork 3/7
#
After the murders, Billy asked him to go to Mexico with him to get 2 fighting chickens. Tackett didn't go. He had said earlier that Billy told him he'd shot people in Mexico. 5/7 @LawCrimeNetwork
#
Tackett also said Billy said he owed Chris Sr. $40K. He said Billy told him a month after the murders that Skid Montgomery had Chris Sr. and family killed b/c Chris was getting 2K lbs of weed and cutting Skid out @LawCrimeNetwork 6/7
#
We've heard no evidence that Skid Montgomery and Chris Sr. were in the drug trade together but we have been told Billy and Chris Sr. were business associates @LawCrimeNetwork 7/7
Whoaaa I bet BW was looking to get rid of his buddy on that trip to Mexico...AJMO

Patricia Newberry Tweet
@pattinewberry

Wagner IV and his brother, Edward "Jake" Wagner, burned down a family home for insurance money, Tackett claimed. Parker asked if Tackett earlier told BCI that Billy Wagner burned the house down. His reply: "It was Jake and George, Jake and George, 100% Jake and George." 6/6

Imo, Jake had no clue he was to be the sacrificial lamb. GW4 figured it out and was not supposed to know either. To AW having complete custody of Jake's daughter was more important than Jake's life. His death would take the heat OFF of them. AW was a master manipulator and could talk her husband into anything, and she did.

So why do you think GW4 was protecting Jake from Billy that night? There had to be some reason. What was Billy going to do to him?

I don't think he was. I think its just a story made up by GW4's defense team.

The Wagners were an enmeshed family, they stuck together. People with pathological relationships like that will strike out at others who threaten them, but not against each other. They were too dependent on each other and though they were "special", better than everyone else.

ETA: GW4's attorneys are engaging in the practice of Arguing in the Alternative, explained by legendary defense attorney Racehorse Haynes

Haynes explained how to plead in the alternative: "Say you sue me because you claim my dog bit you. Well now, this is my defense: My dog doesn't bite. And second, in the alternative, my dog was tied up that night. And third, I don't believe you really got bit. And fourth, I don't have a dog."[1

Per Wikipedia:

A pleading in the alternative sets forth multiple claims or defenses either hypothetically or alternatively, such that if one of the claims or defenses are held invalid or insufficient, the other claims or defenses should still have to be answered.

Last edited:
Seems to me,people have it wrong. GW4 went to keep JW from killing BW. Jake seems to be the one not stable. I said for some time, That AW was fooling around with CRsr. This led to the mind game she would use on BW. Why can't you be more of a man like CRsr.
Do you have a link for this? I will gladly stand corrected if I am wrong. TIA.

I don't think he was. I think its just a story made up by GW4's defense team.

The Wagners were an enmeshed family, they stuck together. People with pathological relationships like that will strike out at others who threaten them, but not against each other. They were too dependent on each other and though they were "special", better than everyone else.
I keep going back to AW's obsession to being her granddaughters mother. I don't see how that story would help GW4 JMO. In fact that places him there.

Fixed mumbo jumbo thoughts

I said ( I believe, and I have said for some time.) Sorry did not say my Opinion. But I thought I referenced it to what I had said before. Not saying it was anything else.
Ah ok. No problem.

Actually I'm starting to agree with @Betty P . I wonder if GW4's attorneys will question JW or AW about this?

According to the Cinci Enquirer article posted earlier, GW4's attorneys had come up with a new argument.

Every alternative plea they make, the prosecution has to present evidence to prove their case

If Nash & Palmer say Billy was going to kill Jake - prosecution has to show otherwise
If N&P say Billy was going to kill GW4 - prosecution has to come up with evidence to disprove that
If N&P say GW4 didn't shoot a gun - prosecution has to try to prove he did
If N&P say GW4 wasn't there that night - prosecution has to present evidence he was

And so on and so on..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members