OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #74

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the Cinci Enquirer article posted earlier, GW4's attorneys had come up with a new argument.

Every alternative plea they make, the prosecution has to present evidence to prove their case

If Nash & Palmer say Billy was going to kill Jake - prosecution has to show otherwise
If N&P say Billy was going to kill GW4 - prosecution has to come up with evidence to disprove that
If N&P say GW4 didn't shoot a gun - prosecution has to try to prove he did
If N&P say GW4 wasn't there that night - prosecution has to present evidence he was

And so on and so on..
And when does that all just get ridiculous...and obvious in the sense that the defense is throwing pasta at the wall? Hoping jurors will see through the mess.

Lots of interesting theories posted here this morning. I'm going to keep it simple and stick with prosecution's reasoning per AC's opening statements. This case is confusing enough to me without getting off course and into the weeds.

Camera is now showing defense table video only, no audio. Defense lawyers shaking heads and obviously objecting by whatever prosecution is asking current witness.

Lots of interesting theories posted here this morning. I'm going to keep it simple and stick with prosecution's reasoning per AC's opening statements. This case is confusing enough to me without getting off course and into the weeds.
I think the extra info we are getting is not necessarily another motive entirely. I think the custody was the driving force, but all these other relationships, money owed, drug businesses together and dealings show that it was more complicated and over time those other things could have sown some anger, resentment, conflict, etc. Then the custody thing comes up and it's maybe easier to think yeah we need to do this and in their minds they can think of the money owed, the drug dealings, etc. It might have put Billy over the edge to agree to this. So Angela pushing for it and Billy feeling some type of way about things already and Jake with Sophia and custody, it all spiraled into a family being masscared.

This will be what Nash and Parker will aim for. And without any concrete evidence by the state it is going to put reasonable doubt in the jury's mind.
It's not "reasonable doubt" of the actual charges against George, including Aggravated Murder and Conspiracy. This is what Aggravated Murder is about, participating in a murder plot. It's what Conspiracy is about. Angela got 30 years on a plea deal and she wasn't there. Remember what George is charged with.

I'm waiting for some evidence or testimony that links Gw4 to this crime or conspiracy. I haven't heard or seen the link yet. If the prosecution doesn't get out of the weeds, the jury will never see the forest. I hope something is coming soon.
It's not the weeds. It's the foundation. First they have to prove there were burglaries and murders. Who died and how. Without that, there is not crime.

It's not "reasonable doubt" of the actual charges against George, including Aggravated Murder and Conspiracy. This is what Aggravated Murder is about, participating in a murder plot. It's what Conspiracy is about. Angela got 30 years on a plea deal and she wasn't there. Remember what George is charged with.
It is reasonable doubt if reasonable doubt is what the jury believes when delivering a verdict, even just one juror with reasonable doubt.

Last edited:
She was "intimate" with Jake Wagner. He initiated it. He wanted her to teach him how to have sex. A one time thing.
Summer 2012

She thought Angela and her mother were pushing her towards Jake, but she liked GW4 better. Began when she was little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur