OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #74

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"... your hair smells like boogers"

Samantha - .. " I'm like, you're breathing through your nose."
It's so real though. She isn't trying to make up grandiose things. She is speaking from her memory and these little stories show that. She is nervous and as she even said herself, when she's nervous she can ramble on. She is doing that. She is just very believable.

According to the Cinci Enquirer article posted earlier, GW4's attorneys had come up with a new argument.

Every alternative plea they make, the prosecution has to present evidence to prove their case

If Nash & Palmer say Billy was going to kill Jake - prosecution has to show otherwise
If N&P say Billy was going to kill GW4 - prosecution has to come up with evidence to disprove that
If N&P say GW4 didn't shoot a gun - prosecution has to try to prove he did
If N&P say GW4 wasn't there that night - prosecution has to present evidence he was

And so on and so on..
the state doesn't have to prove anything except the elements of each charge, the defense can throw out as many theories as they like the state doesn't have to argue or prove or disprove the defenses theory, if I was on trial with a possible DP the end result, I would want my defense attorneys to throw everything possible at the jury to see if something sticks

and for now, GW is innocent, and his attorneys are doing their jobs, and I think the families want to do this one time only and leave little room for any appeals, so a vigorous defense is necessary, and it is their ethical duty to provide him with one

AC just wanted her to shut up so badly when she kept saying JW would blame GW for everything

And that George got blamed for everything.

If the state is smart, they turn that back on George because Jake is the one who confessed and took the plea.
included in his plea though is what his father, mother and brother did, so still apportioning blame, I can only imagine what this jury must think about JW as we are over a month into trial and it is still mostly about him, with a side order of BW and AW and an occasional mention of GW

I bet they are waiting with anticipation for his testimony

included in his plea though is what his father, mother and brother did, so still apportioning blame, I can only imagine what this jury must think about JW as we are over a month into trial and it is still mostly about him, with a side order of BW and AW and an occasional mention of GW

I bet they are waiting with anticipation for his testimony
LOL. Wonder if jury shaking their heads thinking...."What? Is this the Jake Wagner trial? I thought I was supposed to be at the George Wagner trial".

AC just wanted her to shut up so badly when she kept saying JW would blame GW for everything
I don't see it as a bad thing though. She was being honest and that is important. She wasn't fluffing up some elaborate story about how George was involved because of xyz. She can't believe he is involved and that is likely true. I think of all of them he is the least likely to be seen as involved. Since she is believable about things, her stories about Jake, George being hateful AFTER the murders and their interactions, her interactions with Jake, etc.. The fact she was truthful even when it was painting George in a good light make other things more believable.

Jake isn't blaming George for anything this time. Now if Jake confessed and said he himself didn't shoot anyone and George shot 5, that would be different.

I could see it being said that George is trying to put it all on Jake because Jake always blamed him for everything.

George going along to protect Jake seems less likely after hearing this dynamic about Jake blaming George for things. She didn't say George took the blame for things to protect Jake.

My first look at the remodeled courtroom, looks better.

Agent Scheiderer is in the courtroom, chatting with a bailiff or deputy, chatting with prosecution, not seated but standing near the prosecution table.

Bringing the jury in.

Just checking back in. Thanks all for reporting on the last witness. Any chance the camera showed George's face while she was talking? That would have been interesting.

Early on in trial we speculated George's ex-wife would opt-out of appearing on camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member